IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Best one I ever saw was a ticket when I was starting my career years ago.  I'm in IT.  The ticket subject was:

"Server is well hung"

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Aflighter said:

Yeah anna handled it better than I would.Id be screaming foul haa.The sad part is the players cant police themselves anymore because they got big brother with cameras on everything.The thing I would be asking is why are theyre camera people zooming in on things to try and get penalties incurred.Is every shot golfers take have people zooming in on balls after shots to see if stuff is happening cause why would you just decide to zoom in on a routine bunker shot?

On 7/9/2016 at 9:10 PM, Aflighter said:

Theres gonna be swimmers swimming in dirty water and these guys wont even play golf.That tells you what these guys think about the olympics.I guess if they were to get paid theyd go huh.By the way im just making an observation compared to others that plan on going in any of the sports.Theres alot of pro golfers that seem like theyre entitled.

Talk about lazy posts...don't most mobile phones automatically spell and capitalize for you?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

On 7/11/2016 at 9:17 AM, Valleygolfer said:

Talk about lazy posts...don't most mobile phones automatically spell and capitalize for you?

Well smartazz.My phone seems to miss letters and is sluggish when typing.I dont know why it does it plus I didnt know I was writing an essay. 

5 hours ago, Aflighter said:

Well smartazz.My phone seems to miss letters and is sluggish when typing.I dont know why it does it plus I didnt know I was writing an essay. 

Well...welcome to the grammar thread. I have my screw ups on here as well. At times it is hard to swallow but grammar matters on the trap. So find your apostrophe and put it to good use. :beer:

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

2016-07-16 18.48.41.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Twice.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 11.38.08 AM 1.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Have recently seen a TV ad for an outfit that the graphics announce as "Brake Point"! One might think they're an auto repair service. Nope! They're a drug counseling service!:-\

Seems like I'm seeing more and more "a historical" rather than "an historical". Also the distinction between fewer and less is gone. I learned you use fewer with countable items and less with concepts that are unquantifiable. Don't care which of the above are used, they really don't change the meaning, not a grammar nazi, but something I just noticed.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 9.19.20 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Seems like I'm seeing more and more "a historical" rather than "an historical". Also the distinction between fewer and less is gone. I learned you use fewer with countable items and less with concepts that are unquantifiable. Don't care which of the above are used, they really don't change the meaning, not a grammar nazi, but something I just noticed.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 9.19.20 AM.png

I grew up reading and hearing "an historic" but it didn't make sense to me. I recently heard on a grammar podcast that "a historic" is considered correct. (Unless you drop pronunciation of the h--so "an honor" and "an hour" still correct.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

10 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I grew up reading and hearing "an historic" but it didn't make sense to me. I recently heard on a grammar podcast that "a historic" is considered correct. (Unless you drop pronunciation of the h--so "an honor" and "an hour" still correct.)

I think the distinction was a soft h for the an, memory is fuzzy, I think it sounds funny too. Josh in The West Wing (aka Aaron Sorkin) made the distinction, forget the episode. So historic really isn't that soft an h if you ask me.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly grammar, but WTF? :doh:

CpSEUMyWIAAbziY.jpg

Steve

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Not exactly grammar, but WTF? :doh:

CpSEUMyWIAAbziY.jpg

That sign is fine...isn't it just a single lane exiting that spot, but it splits later?

Unrelated: I am not surprised you were able to take this photo, since it is rare to pass this point on the Schuykill moving at more than 2mph average speed.

- John

• 2 weeks later...

Oy vey.

Steve

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

I find it funny that this Montgomery kid says he just wants to do the right thing.A thief wanting to do the right thing wow.Even as hes having a gun pointed at him he says  havent done anything.I know we have laws but I swear when you break the law you gave up your rights.The man shouldnt have kicked him thats for sure.The ole guy definately needs to be talked to about seriousness of pulling a gun but his intentions were good and only way hes keeping that kid around till police arrive.

Use spaces after sentences, please.

Pretty please? You're just making what you type tougher to read.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

jMrPk.jpg

Steve