IGNORED

How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow! Different world I live in. The last time I even smelled it was in the halls of the dorm in 1975.

Me too....call it 1980. Of course, we don't live in Kalifornia! ;-)

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

One is illegal, one is not.  Pretty big difference there.

I never encountered that during a round but as long as they were not doing it right next to me I wouldn't really care.

Rolling through a stop sign is illegal but you probably did that on the way to the course.

I don't have a problem with it, as it do it myself, but some smokers have no tact or sense of subtlety.  I wouldn't blaze openly on a tee box with people I don't know, or aren't comfortable with it.  More often than not I have plenty of opportunities to take a small hit of a pinch hitter on the course without anyone knowing.  Which totally works for me.  Getting blasted out of my mind doesn't help with golf much.

Sometimes I wish the alcoholics who go out golfing would be more subtle as well.  The people I do know who smoke while golfing behave much better than the drunks.

I had the sh*t till it all got smoked, I took the promise until the vows got broke.

Corey

Originally Posted by MS256

Wow! Different world I live in. The last time I even smelled it was in the halls of the dorm in 1975.

Jimmy Buffet concert in 2011.  It was around us, but not with us (I did once upon a time, but not for many years now).  To each his own.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by flopster

What annoys me is that most people wont ask if you don't mind before they light up. I just had potentially my best round ever ruined by a bunch of pot heads, I don't touch the stuff so getting what they call a contact high happens fairly easy, I played the front nine 1 under and was only 2 over by the 16th hole when on the tee at 15 three of them started blazing away and I tried to avoid getting in contact with that smoke but it was everywhere and of course no wind that day. By the time I reached 16 my head was swimming and proceeded to get a quadruple 8 thanks a lot, I was so pissed I finished 7 over on those last three holes, shooting a good score is no easy feat either at my course 73.5 rate 139 slope. Just want to let anyone out there that thinks it's okay to just blaze away cause your playing partner you just met is an easy going guy and wont say anything is a very rude and lame thing to do.

Is a contact high when you actually get high off the 2nd hand smoke??? Or just feel high because of those around you??

If it's the first, I am skeptical, no way someone gets high when they are stood outside next to people smoking.

Sounds like you got pished off and just folded.

Not often enough.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Hay....man....that's a cool shot man....(cough).

Actually, I tried it once, but didn't inhale.   oops, wait a minute, somebody already used that line.   Same guy who said  "I never had sexual intercourse with that woman".

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I would call the ranger and have the people kicked off the course. Sorry, I suffer enough from people smoking cigarettes on the course, or disgustingly spitting chewing tobacco on the greens, I don't need to get the munchies on the course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by pepsiplusconker

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopster

What annoys me is that most people wont ask if you don't mind before they light up. I just had potentially my best round ever ruined by a bunch of pot heads, I don't touch the stuff so getting what they call a contact high happens fairly easy, I played the front nine 1 under and was only 2 over by the 16th hole when on the tee at 15 three of them started blazing away and I tried to avoid getting in contact with that smoke but it was everywhere and of course no wind that day. By the time I reached 16 my head was swimming and proceeded to get a quadruple 8 thanks a lot, I was so pissed I finished 7 over on those last three holes, shooting a good score is no easy feat either at my course 73.5 rate 139 slope. Just want to let anyone out there that thinks it's okay to just blaze away cause your playing partner you just met is an easy going guy and wont say anything is a very rude and lame thing to do.

Is a contact high when you actually get high off the 2nd hand smoke??? Or just feel high because of those around you??

If it's the first, I am skeptical, no way someone gets high when they are stood outside next to people smoking.

Sounds like you got pished off and just folded.

Yeah.  It ain't that east to get high from second hand smoke, even indoors.  Outside, I don't care if the wind is blowing or not, you aren't going to get much actual smoke.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Have not seen anyone I am playing golf with smoking a joint since back in July of 1993.  Over 20 years ago.  I was paired with some guys in Vail Colorado while there on a business trip and 2 of the 3 guys were smoking.

I don't doubt that some guys I know who play golf do smoke but I have never seen them doing it on the golf course.

It will not be anyone riding in cart with me for sure.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Every week in the league I'm in, man every time I talk about my league it sounds worse and worse. It annoys the crap out of me because I don't smoke, it's illegal, and they are slow as hell when they smoke. I have friends who smoke and that's all well and good if the want to do that in private/at home but in public just doesn't make sense.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by TJBam

I told the same exact story in this thread twice in a row but a year apart.  What the hell.  I knew the thread title looked familiar.

Were you baked?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by TJBam

I told the same exact story in this thread twice in a row but a year apart.  What the hell.  I knew the thread title looked familiar.

That's funny.

I am pretty sure I've done the same thing about ten times at least.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!