IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like my wedges to match my irons. Other than that, the only brand issue I have is I will not wear a, for example, Nike hat if I don't use any of their products. I kind of have a brand loyalty towards Snake Eyes though, mainly because they make a great product for half the price..

Half the price wasnt always the case! I remember before golfsmith purchased the name. They had wedges at $190 a piece and forged blades made by smith and wesson for a grand! Sweet clubs though...to this day!

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loyal to the six different brands of clubs I carry in my bag. LOL.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• 5 years later...

Toying with a new driver but does everyone prefer their bag to be all the one brand or do you mix it up with different brands? 

10 minutes ago, Davie81 said:

Toying with a new driver but does everyone prefer their bag to be all the one brand or do you mix it up with different brands? 

I use whatever brand I like the best.  They are not loyal to you, why by loyal to them? Hit every brand and just pick the one that fits your game best.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Mix it up with what works best unless you're a pro and they are giving you equipment for free or even better paying you to play it.  

Only thing you have to be careful with when mixing it up is that you get proper club gapping because some manufacturers use different lofts for their clubs.  For example, some 3 hybrids are 18*, some are 19* you want to make sure you fill all the gaps in your bag.    

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, newtogolf said:

Mix it up with what works best unless you're a pro and they are giving you equipment for free or even better paying you to play it.  

Only thing you have to be careful with when mixing it up is that you get proper club gapping because some manufacturers use different lofts for their clubs.  For example, some 3 hybrids are 18*, some are 19* you want to make sure you fill all the gaps in your bag.    

Makes perfect sense. For just now it's just the driver as I got the new irons and fairway last year. 

16 minutes ago, Davie81 said:

Keep us updated on what you demo and end up buying.  I'm also in the market for a new driver, but still in the process of saving to make the purchase.  Sometimes just sorting through all the new technology to find out what works with your swing and what doesn't takes a lot of time.

I originally bought all of my clubs during a "Callaway is discontinuing the Hogan brand" liquidation sale, throwing in an Adams 3-wood and a bargain-bin putter. My driver head snapped in a doorway, so I had to replace it with a TaylorMade driver. I replaced the Adams 3-wood with a Nike 4-wood (easier to hit, a less of a gap between it and the 3-iron), upgraded my putter to a TaylorMade model, and picked up a Nickent hybrid at another brand liquidation sale to complete the bag I've now had for several years. That's a great mash-up of club brands. If I replace anything in the near future, it would be the driver; a new set of forged cavity irons would cost $1,000 now, so I may never take them out.

Long story short: fill in your bag as you see fit. You're not a tour pro; you don't gain anything with a perfectly-matched set, unless you decide you trust that particular brand more than the others.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm a Titleist loyal guy, however when something "fits" be better and helps my golf game, Ill go with anything. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Different brands throughout the bag but grouped for gapping and feel purposes like mentioned above. My irons are all Taylormade Tour Preferred, my wedges are Titleist, my fairway woods are Taylormade Rocketballz, and I fell in love with Nike drivers a few years ago. Basically, go with what works. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

It depends on the club. 

Drivers: Ping, Taylormade, Callaway
Woods: Ping, Titleist
Hybrids: Titleist 
Irons: Ping, Mizuno
Wedges: Edel
Putter: Edel

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am a big fan of my favorite brand. Been using them for years. Mostly that in addition to playing well, their service after the sale has always been 100 % for me. 

That said I recieved a different brand of irons a while back. They had a much thinner sole than my gamers. They play pretty well for me too, even though I don't know what their specs are. 

I like my irons to all be the same brand. My metal woods can be different from my irons, but same the brand with in themselves. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I would love to have a bag all be the same brand, if only one brand would make all the clubs I hit the best.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!