IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Well, as opposed to the second to last episode where we saw some fantastic drama due to some good golf, I feel the last episode was won not by great shots but by the team that made the fewer mistakes.

Still a good finale, IMO.

I really wish you typed who won in your post.

Haha - didn't want to completely spoil it for anyone who hadn't seen it yet. :)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched the last episode, was the only episode I saw this season.  Happy to see who won, won't spoil it for anyone ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlappyGilmore

I really wish you typed who won in your post.

NO..I haven't seen the show yet...

You're welcome.

Haha. :beer:

Christian

I glad Red won.. I like Issac. Brian is a Dick plain and simple and got what he deserved..." your gonna make me putt that?'. dude it was a 7 foot putt.. hell yeah your putting...

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

I glad Red won.. I like Issac. Brian is a Dick plain and simple and got what he deserved..." your gonna make me putt that?'. dude it was a 7 foot putt.. hell yeah your putting...

Well, since you let the cat out of the bag...

I was glad that Isaac won.  I felt bad that he didn't win Greenbrier and think he stepped up when he needed to and even when he didn't have his A game, he played well enough to not hinder his team.

I've always liked Shannon better than Emily.  Shannon has that take no prisoner attitude and seems like she's all business out there.  On this show we saw some chinks in the armor, but I think that she can improve on and can really go somewhere in golf. Whereas Emily seems very nice, she also seems very happy go lucky and not "ready" for primetime like Shannon or some of the other females and I don't get the impression she ever will be.

Christian

Yeah but I think his point was that all he needed was 2 putts from that point. That wouldn't be unheard of to concede a 2 putt from 7 feet. Plus, it's all about the production and the editing ... Don't forget that too. :)

I think the play on the show was absolutely atrocious.

Here I outline the scores/results:

Hole 1, Par 3, 150 Yards Men/127 Yards Women

All pars, expect Brian, bogey.

Hole 2, Par 4, 410 Yards Men/340 Yards Women

Doleman makes like double or triple bogey, Rice and Emily make bogey, the rest make pars.

Hole 3, Par 5, 511 Yards Men/446 Yards Women

Isaac and Doleman bogey, Brian birdies, the rest par.

Hole 4, Par 4, 411 Yards Men/340 Yards Women

Shannon bogeys, Issac, Emily, and Brian par.

So the final results:

Brian E (4 holes)

Shannon +1 (4 holes)

Isaac +1 (4 holes)

Emily +1 (4 holes)

Jerry +1 (3 holes)

Doleman +3/+4 (3 holes)

Total +7/+8 for 22 holes

Really, only one birdie in 22 holes played? (11 holes, 2 players each) This is just downright pathetic.The overall score for the holes was like 7, 8 over par. Yes, I understand the pressure, blah, blah, but come on, this has got to be one of the worst finales ever. (though the Big Break Mexico finale was pretty bad too) If they all just played one round, their score would be like 78,79 or 80. Yes, I know some players may be better than others (cough, cough Doleman), but come on, at least one player finish under par. I understand that it may be hard to play well in a particular four hole stretch, but they basically had six chances to do it and they still failed.

I don't even care who actually won in the episode, but as a whole, they failed miserably.

Well, after reading all the above, I guess there's no need for me to watch the show.............Thanks for the spoilers.. :-P

I think the play on the show was absolutely atrocious.

Here I outline the scores/results:

Hole 1, Par 3, 150 Yards Men/127 Yards Women

All pars, expect Brian, bogey.

Hole 2, Par 4, 410 Yards Men/340 Yards Women

Doleman makes like double or triple bogey, Rice and Emily make bogey, the rest make pars.

Hole 3, Par 5, 511 Yards Men/446 Yards Women

Isaac and Doleman bogey, Brian birdies, the rest par.

Hole 4, Par 4, 411 Yards Men/340 Yards Women

Shannon bogeys, Issac, Emily, and Brian par.

So the final results:

Brian E (4 holes)

Shannon +1 (4 holes)

Isaac +1 (4 holes)

Emily +1 (4 holes)

Jerry +1 (3 holes)

Doleman +3/+4 (3 holes)

Total +7/+8 for 22 holes

Really, only one birdie in 22 holes played? (11 holes, 2 players each) This is just downright pathetic.The overall score for the holes was like 7, 8 over par. Yes, I understand the pressure, blah, blah, but come on, this has got to be one of the worst finales ever. (though the Big Break Mexico finale was pretty bad too) If they all just played one round, their score would be like 78,79 or 80. Yes, I know some players may be better than others (cough, cough Doleman), but come on, at least one player finish under par. I understand that it may be hard to play well in a particular four hole stretch, but they basically had six chances to do it and they still failed.

I don't even care who actually won in the episode, but as a whole, they failed miserably.

my thoughts exactly. I was very disappointed in the play.  Hard not to like Isaac though. Good for him.

Not a lot of surprises -

Doleman had a really serious meltdown hole - predicted

Jerry was reasonable for his role - predicted

Emily missed a medium/short putt - expected but hoped she wouldn't

Brian wasn't impressive or bad, just centerline - better than I thought.  I thought he'd have a GREAT hole, a par, and sloppy bogie

Surprises -

I expected Isaac to do a lot better - I was waiting for him to just laser his approaches.....

Shannon didn't do as good as she could - heart breaking to see the wind just go out of her sails.  She had this great attitude before and you could just see it.  Her expression at the end it was clear she lost her mojo and was feeling it.  Too bad, she kinda grows on you and is a good player.

At one point Team Red was rooting for everybody to do well.  Blue wasn't even commenting at all.

When almost everybody hits the first green, I thought we'd have a good finish.

You gotta admit - A huge drive that gets a big bounce on the cart path and then hits a tree and goes back in the fairway - that's just fun golf.

A bit silly at the end - they needed a Q4 tie to win overall, Emily had two putts to tie, yet they tried to add drama on the par putt.....

No real contest.  Better golf last week.

Bill - 

Yea, I agree it was an anti-climactic finale with some pretty unclutch golf, but overall I enjoyed this format and found it to be very entertaining for some stretches of the season. Unfortunately, with teams of three, the finale probably should have been two hours with double the holes. That would have made for more fun meltdowns or a great rally by Team Doleman. Either way, I'd probably be entertained. While I love watching great golf, I also for whatever reason enjoyed watching Doleman top his tee shot. I guess that makes me a bit of a jerk, but I can live with that. :-P

But despite all the flaws, I'm glad the "good guys" won! Haha :-D

Constantine

That was just weird. It's like they forgot how to golf.

I wonder how the 2 winners are going to do when they play a tourney on the LPGA and the PGA..?

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!