IGNORED

2 Eagles Anyone?

MEfree

Who has made 2 eagles in a round?

After lipping out a 15 footer for what would have been my first eagle this year last week, I almost made 2 in 3 holes yesterday-

1.  3 metal, 4 iron + 6 foot putt into the hole for a 3 on a "par 5" that normally plays 553 yards uphill from the golds which makes it hard for me to reach but which I played from the 459 whites with a high HC friend.

2.  3 metal, 8 iron + 45 foot putt that hit the stick and dropped into the hole for a 5 (counting the two penalty shots) when the same friend who was slightly off the green but closer than me did not remove the stick.  He didn't realize that it is a penalty for hitting the stick when you are on the green.  This hole is slightly uphill and I have reached this green from the 508 golds with a 6 iron before, but we were playing from the 450 whites, so really nothing more than a longish par 4.

There are 3 holes I can regularly reach in under regulation from the golds, so hopefully I will get a legit eagle soon.

Rules question- Had my friend moved over and pulled the flag AFTER I hit my putt but before it arrived at the hole, would I have incurred any penalty?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I've eagled the same hole in back-to-back rounds, but never 2 eagles in the same round.  Heck, I'm pretty stoked to get 2 eagles in the same year.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The course where I used to be a member had par 5s back to back and the next hole was a drivable par 4. I've made back to back eagles on the par 5s a few times and made an eagle on the second par 5 and the par 4 back to back once.

My goal was always to make back to back to back eagles on those 3 holes but it never happened in the many hundreds of rounds I played there.

My last back to back eagles were last year, where I play now, but it took luckily holing an 80 yard wedge shot on a par 4 and luckily making a 40 foot putt for eagle on a par 5.

• 10 years later...

I came so very close to getting my first ever two Eagles in a round in WED COMP this week ... 

4th hole PAR5 515 yards (stroke hole 1) ... after I drilled a lower strong drive to the inside corner of the Dogleg left some 240 yards out from one of the toughest elevated sloping downwards greens. I had thought of playing safe 4i get it within 20yds .. but I no thought I'd have a crack ... with my 18 hybrids.. hit it nearly perfectly straight (uncommon with this club)

landed front of green rolled to the back green parallel to the pin still tricky side slope 12 ft to the hole ..aim high  dropped low side of the hole YESSSSSSSS!!! my first ever eagle on the 4th !!(tough hole) ..

then continued the round till I came to the 11th PAR5 455yards (hole I've eagled several times before)... again strong drive 150-160yards out ...8i to land front of green rolled just past hole some 8ft past ....downhill putt very fast part of the green .. so soft tap ball ran true to move towards left of the hole in half the ball went around the hole and back towards me to stop a fraction out of the hole !!!! what!! never had that before. hit the ball fraction harder than needed !!!! took the birdie moved on gutted ... so close a putt that I should have got 

Edited by NZ Golfer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go Foxy Go

• 2 weeks later...

I did it once with a holed out wedge on #8 and a holed out 6-iron on #14 at Lake Forest GC. Since I average an eagle once every 5 years or so, this was most likely my first & last  multiple eagle round.

• Like 2

Brian Kuehn

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2013 at 4:06 PM, MEfree said:

45 foot putt that hit the stick and dropped into the hole for a 5 (counting the two penalty shots) when the same friend who was slightly off the green but closer than me did not remove the stick.  He didn't realize that it is a penalty for hitting the stick when you are on the green.  

Rules question- Had my friend moved over and pulled the flag AFTER I hit my putt but before it arrived at the hole, would I have incurred any penalty?

I am not sure why you get a 2 stroke penalty.  Unless it is a MLR in your club, the rules have been changed to allow you to putt with the flag in.  Admittedly the rule was made to speed up play, but it means you should consider it an eagle.

• Confused 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

44 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Unless it is a MLR in your club, the rules have been changed to allow you to putt with the flag in.  

That rule change is from 2019. The post you are responding to is from 2013. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

7 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

No no, lets posthumously award the dude an eagle. It was the friend's fault for not pulling the flag. I remember 2013 was tough year for a lot of people and we need to go easy on them. 

• Funny 4

Vishal S.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:41 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Think I need to check dates on posts before replying 😁

• Funny 2

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I’m not sure how many times I’ve had 2 eagles in a round. The most memorable one was a hole in one followed by an eagle on the next hole, a par 5. That was 2 years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Some of these people must have moved over to Twitter and became "Twitter golfers" with their back-to-back eagle achievements. I feel that I can score in golf, but I don't get an eagle every summer. Had one this past year and the year before last. I play courses in the low 6,000-yard length, which fits my 5-iron carry.

This past year my eagle was on a 474-yard par 5 that I reached with driver and 3W then made a 35 ft putt. I shot an even 72 that day, which was really, really good for me and came out to a 2.4 differential on a 6,232-yard course. The previous one that I recollect was 3 seasons ago was on a 527-yard par 5 hole. Driver off the tee and probably a 3W, but I holed out with a 58* from 60 yards.

I think I have had a maybe 3 or 4 others that I recall. A couple of par 4's from about 100 yards or so out. 

Maybe I am a poor golfer, but I enjoy getting pars and the occasional birdie as well as keeping out of trouble to avoid the double bogey. Eagles are super, super rare for me. Maybe I should re-evaluate my approach to the game?

I had 18 holes in one once when I played with Kim Jong Il.

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

19 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Some of these people must have moved over to Twitter and became "Twitter golfers" with their back-to-back eagle achievements. I feel that I can score in golf, but I don't get an eagle every summer. Had one this past year and the year before last. I play courses in the low 6,000-yard length, which fits my 5-iron carry.

This past year my eagle was on a 474-yard par 5 that I reached with driver and 3W then made a 35 ft putt. I shot an even 72 that day, which was really, really good for me and came out to a 2.4 differential on a 6,232-yard course. The previous one that I recollect was 3 seasons ago was on a 527-yard par 5 hole. Driver off the tee and probably a 3W, but I holed out with a 58* from 60 yards.

I think I have had a maybe 3 or 4 others that I recall. A couple of par 4's from about 100 yards or so out. 

Maybe I am a poor golfer, but I enjoy getting pars and the occasional birdie as well as keeping out of trouble to avoid the double bogey. Eagles are super, super rare for me. Maybe I should re-evaluate my approach to the game?

I've had more Eagles in the last several months than 2's !! .. being able to smash a Tee-ball a good way down the fairway on our shorter 455yd PAR 5 makes it more of a tough PAR4.. 

Go Foxy Go

• 1 month later...

I had 2 eagles in 1 round, was my best round, as well as lowest 9 hole score. 
37-30-67

I had 2 birdies and 2 eagles on back 9. Both on Par 5’s.  if memory serves me correctly, it was 1996.

• Thumbs Up 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 3 weeks later...

Only 5 eagles in my life, and only 2 BIRDIES in a round twice.  I only birdie a hole every 2-3 rounds…ie, I miss a lot of birdie putts :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was a ridiculous topic and I almost did it today while  playing a 9-hole round.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread