IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

:cry:

First time in at least my last 20 rounds (dating back to April 6th) that I didn't play a single round during the course of a revision.  So, obviously, no change.  Bright side is I'm likely playing twice next week, and I also have my first tournament of the season scheduled for Nov. 2.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Peaked at 22 (career high since tracking HI) two months ago and it is back down to 19.3 (same as what it was 6 months ago).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Up .4 to 5.2. No surprise, I've been striking the ball like crap lately. Goal is to somehow keep it under 6 going forward. Given my play, it's gonna be tough!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I dropped slightly from 3.6- 3.3 with the October 15th revision and November 1st will be my last update until spring 2015.   With the shorter days and potentially bad weather, it's hard to say how many rounds I will play in the next 2 weeks.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a couple of 79s over the past 5 rounds to drop to a season low 10.7.  With winter approaching, it doesn't look like I will be able to break into single digits this year so I guess I know what my goal will be for next year.

Randal

20th round hit the card this revision, so this is my first 'real' handicap.  I had three good rounds back in summer that are keeping me at a single digit. Should go up to 12-13 by the time winter is through...

Happy to be a 'single digit'.  Not really believing it though.

8.8 to 8.9. Translates to 11 on my home course. Didn't have a good finish to the season. That is my handicap now until April, as we won't post scores anymore.

Bill M

Bumped .1 to 6.1, just not able to get over the hump yet to see the 3's and 4's yet. I know it's out there for me but I guess I'm just going about it wrong right now.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

15.9 from 16.2. Creeping down oh so slowly. When coming back to the game in January I was shooting in the mid- to high nineties, so I suppose this is progress.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

My 2014 revision season is over......as of November 1st....... 3.3 to 3.1

I still may play a few more rounds this year, but my season is mostly over.  I'm strongly considering a membership change for 2015 so I'm looking towards next year.  I love my current course, but the social reasons to continue this membership are lacking.

I'm still up for playing winter golf on the weekend, but taking my son bowling at noon on the weekends takes top priority.   When it gets cold and the days are short......I can't play golf early enough, so golf gets the backseat.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I won't get out again before handicap season ends so stuck where I am at until 04/15. Made decent progress this year but feel I could have lowered my index more had I played more Sep-Oct, only posted 3 rounds in that period. Just so busy I couldn't play enough to flush the higher differentials in my last 10. But thanks to instruction I got to the point where I was breaking 80 about 75% of the time. Need to spend time getting faster and stronger over the winter. To get where I want to be will require playing longer courses.

Dave :-)

Suddenly, as the season ends, I'm starting to score. Another good round this week and I'm down from 15.9 to 14.7. (CONGU system, we don't have to wait for averages to be calculated). Unlikely that I'll see more progress this year, we'll shortly be playing on winter greens. But when I came back to the game in January I was shooting in the mid-nineties, got my new handicap in April and was off 18, now off 15 and shooting in the mid-eighties. Given that I'm no spring chicken any more, I'll call that acceptable progress and see if I can get close to single figures in 2015.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Up from 19.8 in September to 22.8 now.

On the plus side of things, it should be a bit easier to improve my HI now.

On the other hand, of the 20 most recent rounds that calculate my HI, 7 of the 8 oldest rounds were good enough to be in my top 10.  Those will be falling off in the next couple of months.  So, actually might be hard to improve unless I get better.

I believe my handicap is correct but not official.  The score keeping app I use calculates my handicap.

No change.  We are officially out of HC recording in MA.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!