IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Caught a few late night movies last night. The Kingdom-Par. I thought it was a bit sleepy and slow, solid ending though End of Watch-Birdie. Really enjoyable cop movie Shutter Island-Birdie. Not Scorsese's best, but enjoyable story and good ending(?) Juice-Birdie. Pretty good crime/hood movie. Tupac was a pretty decent actor

End of watch birdie? I can't see how the cartoon character bad guys could get that movie anything more than a bogey. Worst acting ever unless they were told they were supposed to be a parody.

James

End of watch birdie? I can't see how the cartoon character bad guys could get that movie anything more than a bogey. Worst acting ever unless they were told they were supposed to be a parody.

I enjoyed it...maybe it was because i watched if half asleep at 2 in the morn lol

Riley

Wow. I really hope this is Inception level blow you away.

Third trailer for Interstellar:

http://www.interstellarmovie.com/

Code is: 7201969 (which represents the date of the Apollo 11 Moon landing, on July 20, 1969).

Or in YT, it's after host's intro:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sharknado 2: The Second One .  I give this a solid par.  It was so bad it was good!  They definitely had the tongue & cheek aspect going with Robert Hayes from Airplane as the pilot in the opening scene and Judd Hirsch as the taxi driver.  Worth a watch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I saw Guardians Of The Galaxy Friday. I'm easily giving it an eagle. It's not a perfect movie by any means, but manoman what an awesome time myself and the rest of the theatre I watched it with had. Tons (just about too much) of great humor, incredible effects ( and that was the 2D version I watched), and some suprising performances. W I might even miss a round of golf this week to go see it again in 3D.

Corey

I saw Guardians Of The Galaxy Friday. I'm easily giving it an eagle. It's not a perfect movie by any means, but manoman what an awesome time myself and the rest of the theatre I watched it with had. Tons (just about too much) of great humor, incredible effects ( and that was the 2D version I

watched), and some suprising performances. W

Nice! I'm trying to go see it today. Marvel took a gamble with these characters and it's paying off.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Guardians of the Galaxy was great. Took my 9 year old step daughter she loved it. I loved it good humor action and story.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I was surprised that Bautista did such a plausible job with the amount of dialogue he had.  His deadpanning was spot on.

Corey

Went and saw Lucy ... Far from a movie critic, but I thought it was horrible ... Like the concept, but did not like the movie ....

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Eagle for Guardians of the Galaxy , great use of humor and action with some nice character moments. Rocket Raccoon is awesome.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Some dude mentioned Reservoir Dogs in the worst movie thread, so I decided to watch it(again). Upon further review, it still kicks ass. Eagle yo!

Riley

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned 22 Jump Street... I found it to be pretty freaking hilarious, of course it's in a very juvenile way, but that's the draw of the movie. Birdie for me. Depends on your sense of humor though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

When I saw the first trailer for Interstellar, I was meh, then the second, intrigued. With the third, so looking forward to this. Here's a fan made trailer that combines the three. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a Man of Steel.

Quote:
We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in stars, now we just look down and worry at our place in the dirt.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Saw two movies over the past week..

Spiderman 2 - I don't like how it had nothing to do with the other spidermans and they basically rewrote the whole story from the start almost.. it had some interesting things, and a strange twist to the story line.. but I wouldn't give it more than a bogey.. really on the verge of a double bogey!

Non Stop - another airline / terrorist movie..  It didn't turn out like I thought it would.. other than the good guy finally getting his name cleared.. I just think I hate airline movies, but thought this one might be different.  double bogey, but if it wasn't for the main actor it would be a triple for sure!

Save the time and don't watch either!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Alright, here's a weird one. I watched "Under the Skin"

While watching it, I was thoroughly annoyed with the pace, overly dramatic music and the fact that they never bother to explain to viewer ANYTHING THAT'S GOING ON. If I had of posted this right after watching the movie I'd have given it a triple bogey, but here's the thing, I haven't been able to get the images and themes of this movie out of my head for going on three days now. The more I reflect on it, the more I like it...

Eagle. A very, very strange Eagle, but I'll be damned if it wasn't in fact an Eagle nonetheless.

Oh, and despite starring Johansson, it's a Scottish movie and very, very un-American in style.

Bonus Points were awarded for getting see Scarlette Johansson's tasty bits.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Alright, here's a weird one. I watched "Under the Skin" [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104286/] [/URL] While watching it, I was thoroughly annoyed with the pace, overly dramatic music and the fact that they never bother to explain to viewer ANYTHING THAT'S GOING ON. If I had of posted this right after watching the movie I'd have given it a triple bogey, but here's the thing, I haven't been able to get the images and themes of this movie out of my head for going on three days now. The more I reflect on it, the more I like it... Eagle. A very, very strange Eagle, but I'll be damned if it wasn't in fact an Eagle nonetheless. Oh, and despite starring Johansson, it's a Scottish movie and very, very un-American in style. Bonus Points were awarded for getting see Scarlette Johansson's tasty bits.

Scarlett Johansson's tasty bits?! Eagle. ;-)

Riley