IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

7 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

We've had 60's all week. Still not interested in getting out there if it means bouncing balls off cart path hard greens. With nighttime lows being what they are our ground is frozen until spring. I suppose I could play Open Championship style golf and roll everything.

I played today, tee off at 11 am, and found the greens fairly receptive. Even a 7 iron stopped with about 15 ft rollout.

As for pitches, chips, and putts our greens were a bit slower than late summer.

YMMV, of course... but I will play as long as we can get great 60 degree days as we had today!

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

I cleaned my sticks and put them away after Veterans Day last month. But I have tomorrow off and it is supposed to be 53 degrees here. So I am going to go out and play nine with my only old Hogan Apex Forged irons, an extra Pro Select SW, and putter.

Much better than the past two years thus far. It'll be nice being able to hit some shots after all of the reading I've done the past month.

BTW, some of those 99 cent books on rock bottom golf are great add-ons to an order. I've already read "The Old Man and the Tee" and "The Fine Green Line" in the past few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

Had to be in Calgary for a business trip and just came back to CO today.  Now I hear we'll be getting snow starting tomorrow afternoon.

Crap!  There goes my Saturday and Sunday tee times.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Warm day today and my wrist was tolerable... Nothing like golf on December 12th in the northeast.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Some snaps from a mid December round... Really nice to play up here this time of year...55 and 50 degrees the last two days.

20151212_123059.jpg

20151213_144845.jpg

33 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We had to switch to colored balls for the weekend.

003.JPG

I remember those days growing up in western NY.  It was a pain digging balls out of snow banks, but at least you could see the holes they made so you could find them easier.

Wonder what the rule is on that?  The Scots must have thought of that.

Edited by vangator

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

The one year I can't play golf, they are playing well into December here in WI.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, cipher said:

The one year I can't play golf, they are playing well into December here in WI.

That's depressing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

That's depressing.

Next year we'll be snowed in by October. :-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Played yesterday from noon until the sun went down. The beautiful part of it was that I was the only one on the course. I saw one other single when I was on 17, but very quiet on the course.  Sunny day around 34 degrees. Walking and carrying my clubs helps to keep the warmth going, but the hands are the biggest challenge. I wear a sweatshirt with a hand muffler in the front, but I need a good hand warmer. A long time ago... I used to have a butane hand warmer, but haven't seen them around anymore. Anybody else find a solution to keeping your hands warm on the winter rounds?

Dave

Looking at high in the upper fifties on xmas eve and low sixties on xmas... I have my daughter so I probably won't play however we are celebrating xmas at her parents who just live off the golf course... She told me to bring my clubs in case I need a break from her parents house...:dance:

Some golf courses are still open here in the Toronto area. Supposed to be 55 and sunny on Christmas Eve. Might be able to get one last round in before 2016.