IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Just now, mcanadiens said:

I love it. Nothing will ever seem cold again. The rest of the winter will be walk in the park.

The funny thing about winter  is that enough time has passed that I've deluded myself into thinking I'll play really well the next time I get a chance.

You hope...

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
On 12/14/2016 at 0:25 AM, CCC said:

Am I missing anything to get me ready for next year?

Just two things…

1. http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/
  2. http://lowestscorewins.com/buy/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Swung for the first time since early November. Went to a local golf dome for about 20 minutes  Felt good but just hesitant to declare it good without knowing the full ball flight. Can only see 100 yards of flight which is fine for some clubs but I  was still worried about a driver slice.

Plan to do this about every 3 weeks while still doing some slow mirror stuff at home.

On 12/14/2016 at 1:00 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Just say the word and I will add you. 

I can't unfortunately. I was in Michigan last week, Buffalo this weekend, will be in Hocking Hills over New Years, and Dallas in late January. 

I can't squeeze in any more travel lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Funny enough this winter hasn't bothered me one bit so far because I've been so busy. Plus I hurt my neck just before Thanksgiving and it hasn't fully healed yet so I have no desire to swing a golf club.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Winter Depression temporarily suspended due to 58 degrees in Philly on December 27th. 18 holes in beautiful sunny weather.

winter golf 2016.jpg

Edited by phan52
  • Upvote 1

Bill M

Cold temps do a number on cart batteries that are on their fifth season.
Time to shell out a ton of Peso's for some new ones....  :cry:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

12 hours ago, dennyjones said:

All of our snow melted but it's still not golfing weather.   :~(

I saw a couple guys playing Wednesday at our city's executive course (Ann Arbor).  My wife and I were just taking a brisk walk around the course and we did not expect to have to dodge golf balls.  I am going to give it a go just after the New Year in order to be able to say I "played".  There is still snow/ice on a lot of the back nine but the "flat" seven is virtually clear of any frozen precipitation.

Brian Kuehn

It was in the high 30's here yesterday. I completed the first 11 holes before the freezing fog showed up... then I walked off the course. 

It's going to be a rough winter. There is a weather phenomenon known as the Polar Vortex affecting all of us in the Northern Latitudes.. worth a Google. 

26 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

For our golfing brethren up north, we stand with you against the cold and await the return of good weather:

IMG_0437.JPG

Now you're just being mean...  That's still great golfing weather.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

40 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

For our golfing brethren up north, we stand with you against the cold and await the return of good weather:

IMG_0437.JPG

That's it Gator & Spackler!!! I'm gonna buy a 2004 Buick LaSabre and drive it down to Florida, find out where and when you play golf, make sure I get ahead of you in traffic with my Michigan plates, and drive 15mph below the speed limit with my left turn signal on the entire way.

Oh wait... it's Florida. You guys are probably used to that.

:beer:

• Upvote 3

Jon

32 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

That's it Gator & Spackler!!! I'm gonna buy a 2004 Buick LaSabre and drive it down to Florida, find out where and when you play golf, make sure I get ahead of you in traffic with my Michigan plates, and drive 15mph below the speed limit with my left turn signal on the entire way.

Oh wait... it's Florida. You guys are probably used to that.

:beer:

Yes. All the TB Bucs fans down here. Can't drive worth a sh... :-P

- Shane

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yes. All the TB Bucs fans down here. Can't drive worth a sh... :-P

You want to witness a cluster#%& of bad driving... wait until you get a little snow or ice on those Florida roads. It doesn't happen often - maybe once every ten years - but when it does it's best to stay home.

Jon

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Now you're just being mean...  That's still great golfing weather.

I lived in Chicago for ten years, and I hated when my Florida and Vegas friends posted stuff like this. :-P But  don't worry, golf is only a couple months away. Or you can drive on down for a round.