Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

7 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It was very windy and cool down here over the weekend, hence, no golf. ::sigh::

I think I am just going to click "report post"

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The SE Michigan Golf Show is this coming weekend.  It has always been my traditional "start the season" event.  This year I have played 9.5 rounds starting 1/1 so it feels a bit different.  At least the predicted weather is supposed to cooperate next weekend, cold & snow.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

I've seen that some courses are going to open this week, but the weather isn't helpful. It may not break freezing again this weekend in Boston. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's been an unusual winter for sure, I think I've played more rounds in Jan-Feb than I did in Nov-Dec! very strange, but its kept the blues away for sure.

I just hope the weather gets back to freaky, it's really cold now and I want to be in mid-season form by May!

Edited by MrDC

11 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I think I am just going to click "report post"

Do it, Valley, do it! What could he possibly mean by "cool"? Temps in the 60's? My God! We'd be walking around in short sleeved t-shirts! Damn spoiled bastage!

Well, we got 3 eighteen hole rounds in in February, which is pretty much a miracle! March is setting up to be like March always is, the cruelest month! Every time it gets warm enough to play, it rains! And when it's too cold to play, it snows! It reminds me of what the Will Geer character in "Jeremiah Johnson" said about March. "It's a green and muddy business down low!"

This is the time of year when the weather bothers me most.  Today is sunny with a high around 50.  I'd golf but I have to work and have commitments after work.  The rest of the week goes downhill with the weekend only being in the 20s.  Such a tease!  I shouldn't complain, though, I'm taking full advantage of my membership and have already played 36 holes, most of those in Feb!

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

23 hours ago, krupa said:

This is the time of year when the weather bothers me most.  Today is sunny with a high around 50.  I'd golf but I have to work and have commitments after work.  The rest of the week goes downhill with the weekend only being in the 20s.  Such a tease!  I shouldn't complain, though, I'm taking full advantage of my membership and have already played 36 holes, most of those in Feb!

..and we are going to get some snow tomorrow.:cry:

Scott

My Swing Thread

22 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I wanna kick that groundhog through the uprights. Only a dusting though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Sorry buddy. The wife and son are going to be out of town for a week starting next weekend if you want to come down. Of course it will probably be warm up there by then. 

- Shane

3 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Sorry buddy. The wife and son are going to be out of town for a week starting next weekend if you want to come down. Of course it will probably be warm up there by then. 

Thanks for the offer. It's been crazy. 65 one day, 20s two days later.

Scott

My Swing Thread

There's a Winter Weather Advisory up around here, and the last time I ventured into the kitchen for another adult beverage I flicked on the rear light and took a look. Yep! Everything is, once again, covered with snow! We usually get at least one heavy snowfall in the vicinity of St. Patrick's Day, and I'm hoping this will suffice. But I'm too smart, or cynical, to invest much effort into it!

We're escaping with about an inch today, but the forecast for Tuesday is a Nor'Easter with 5-8 F-ing inches of snow.:pound:

Scott

My Swing Thread

38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We're escaping with about an inch today, but the forecast for Tuesday is a Nor'Easter with 5-8 F-ing inches of snow.:pound:

Ugh. We still have time for it to peter out...

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Look at the bright side, with Daylight Saving Time, you will have more day light with which to watch it snow!  ;-)

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

That's why I left Maine, tired of the damn winters.  ;-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My allergies are flaring up and it's snowing outside. WTF, weather?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, billchao said:

My allergies are flaring up and it's snowing outside. WTF, weather?

My gf's allergies increase during snow storms as well.

We are projected to get 12 inches Tuesday and already got 2 1/2 at my house today.

Was hitting out in the field behind my house the other evening when a big spruce got up-rooted and crashed a short distance from me.

Tonight I came home from work and could only get in a few swings before the 15° temp chased me back inside. It's been a weird winter. There is virtually no snow on the ground right now but it's just too cold for the courses to open.

Jon