IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Looks like Saturday will be good-to-go for our 1st round here in New England...fingers crossed.  Picking up my new irons Friday night, but don't think I'll be able to feel them out on the range prior to Saturday morning.  Either way, can't wait to use them!

- Bill

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They keep telling us rain is the forecast except it always seems to snow instead. 5 inches the other day and now 2+ inches...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

19 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

They keep telling us rain is the forecast except it always seems to snow instead.

When life gives you lemons...motto of my friend from Orlando haha:

- Bill

It's suppose to be on-and-off rain all week.  I am hoping Thursday holds off as I have a tee time in the morning.

Hate this gray sky.  I need sunshine!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Supposed to snow again Friday yet the forecast also says that the low temp is 40 and a high of 51. I wish I had went to meteorologist school. Must nice to fail every day and still collect a check.

• Upvote 1

I hate the Northeast.  Played one of the 2 decent days this month.  Now it seems the snow will be here forever.  

End of February I was thinking of getting some early fertilizer down.  That would have been a waste.

Getting good with the GC2 anyway!

Edited by Typhoon92

Just got back from four days in Michigan and was hoping I could play some golf...didn't see the sun and it rained every day. Great to be back in Florida!

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

28 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Just got back from four days in Michigan and was hoping I could play some golf...didn't see the sun and it rained every day. Great to be back in Florida!

That's our job; make everyone happy they live elsewhere.

Brian Kuehn

4 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

That's our job; make everyone happy they live elsewhere.

Keep up the good work and soon you'll be the only one left around.
Good News, you'll finish first in every event. Bad News, you'll also finish DAL... :-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Hoping to be able to play this Sunday if we don't get a ton of rain. It is looking like winter is finally coming to a close here. 

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

That is typical Michigan weather....

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Too bad ur not in Texas! As long as u can handle a little cold weather, I played at least 3 weekends a month all winter. I just started so I was going hard core lol. Plenty times it was in the 30s for the majority of the time we were there

I would gladly trade our cold and wet for colder but dry. We have the second wettest March on record here. I've had my fill of the "lift and clean". They can't cut the grass because it's so wet; the rough is a jungle and the fairways are mud - absolutely terrible. I played nine holes yesterday and made 2 pars.

I am tired of practicing from the mats also. I always hit the ball well off the mats. I only rarely see a perfect lie during an actual round. I still have unused lessons on my account but I'm not even going to bother until I practice on the grass. This is very frustrating.

Well this was a nice way to end the day:

"Good afternoon gents, we are opening tomorrow and we still have t times open for the men's club this weekend."

Now just gotta deal with the friend who balks at any weather that isn't 50 or above and sunny.

• Upvote 1

- Bill

I am in TX currently (Austin and San Antonio).  It has been wonderful.  While the greens are transitioning from rye to Bermuda, it is still a whole heck of a lot better than the Soggy Mitten.  I will cross my fingers that the courses will be more playable than when I left.

Brian Kuehn

Getting snow tomorrow! They're guessing at the amount. 1-3 or 5-8. Courses have moved back opening a week.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Getting snow tomorrow! They're guessing at the amount. 1-3 or 5-8. Courses have moved back opening a week.

:pound: Yea 3-5" on Friday and 3-5" on Saturday here  :mad: