IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I'm really disappointed with the forecast.

Today's the best day of the week and I'm locked in the office. Its 50 degrees (albeit cloudy).

For my weekend, rain on Saturday and then the temperature drops into the 20s on Sunday.

Poop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GAH, next two weeks will be chilly, no luck with above average temps.

OTOH, barely shoveled any snow this winter. so there's that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, 3jacker said:

Is there a thread to complain about summer?  All you folks in colder climes can rub it in come June-September. But for now, I'll take this weather!

No, because there's a difference between no being able to play golf and not personally wanting to due to weather. I'd play in 100°F and humid if I could play year-round.

24 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

OTOH, barely shoveled any snow this winter. so there's that.

Great, you jinxed us 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It was suppose to get up to mid- to high 40's today with sun.  Had a tee time at 9:40 AM.  Lo and behold, it was misting rain/snow and with dense fog.  It was 16 *F when I got to the golf course.  They said they would be lucky to open in the afternoon.  Went to work instead.

This winter has been very strange.  Have not played golf for a couple of month.  Seems to snow just enough every few days to keep the courses closed.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, Yukari said:

It was suppose to get up to mid- to high 40's today with sun.  Had a tee time at 9:40 AM.  Lo and behold, it was misting rain/snow and with dense fog.  It was 16 *F when I got to the golf course.  They said they would be lucky to open in the afternoon.  Went to work instead.

This winter has been very strange.  Have not played golf for a couple of month.  Seems to snow just enough every few days to keep the courses closed.

I played 2 weeks ago in some pretty high winds, but the course was in good shape. I'm hoping to play this Friday, but not sure if that's going to happen.

Hard to believe handicap season starts in 15 days.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 2/27/2019 at 3:08 PM, billchao said:

No, because there's a difference between no being able to play golf and not personally wanting to due to weather. I'd play in 100°F and humid if I could play year-round.

Great, you jinxed us 🤦🏻‍♂️

Aaaand, it snowed. But it's mostly gone now. ❄️🚫

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

40 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Aaaand, it snowed. But it's mostly gone now. ❄️🚫

There are two more snow events coming this weekend.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

There are two more snow events coming this weekend.

OK OK. I put the whammy on us. I'm sorry. Whadaya want? 😜

Steve

Just in time for the weekend.  A weekend winter storm warning with up to 12" of snow expected starting tonight!!!  Arrrrggghhhh!  Just can't seem to catch a break on weekends this winter.

Don

4 hours ago, Yukari said:

Just in time for the weekend.  A weekend winter storm warning with up to 12" of snow expected starting tonight!!!  Arrrrggghhhh!  Just can't seem to catch a break on weekends this winter.

I managed to get out and play 18 today, but yeah, this is a bummer. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

14 hours ago, nevets88 said:

OK OK. I put the whammy on us. I'm sorry. Whadaya want? 😜

I have to go shovel after breakfast, then more snow tomorrow night and possibly next weekend. Thanks, Steve 🤬😜

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

I have to go shovel after breakfast, then more snow tomorrow night and possibly next weekend. Thanks, Steve 🤬😜

🤷‍♂️😛

Steve

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

🤷‍♂️😛

Please keep it south of me my friends!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I managed to get out and play 18 today, but yeah, this is a bummer. 

Good for you.  I had deadlines yesterday at work, so I couldn't sneak out to get a round in.

Don

48 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Good for you.  I had deadlines yesterday at work, so I couldn't sneak out to get a round in.

Yukari... you gotta get those deadlines taken care of by Thursday so you can play golf on Friday.  Although that's a lot like finishing your term paper early, before pulling an all-nighter and completing it the morning before it's due.

19 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yukari... you gotta get those deadlines taken care of by Thursday so you can play golf on Friday.  Although that's a lot like finishing your term paper early, before pulling an all-nighter and completing it the morning before it's due.

😄

How I wish I was back in school with only term papers and exams to worry about.  

@Double Mocha Man Unfortunately, I don't have any saying on work deadlines.  When a client comes in on Thursday and says, I want it by done by Friday, you pretty much have no choice.  Unless I win the Lotto and don't have to work for anyone, I am stuck in this rat race like most of the people.

Don

2 hours ago, Yukari said:

😄

How I wish I was back in school with only term papers and exams to worry about.  

@Double Mocha Man Unfortunately, I don't have any saying on work deadlines.  When a client comes in on Thursday and says, I want it by done by Friday, you pretty much have no choice.  Unless I win the Lotto and don't have to work for anyone, I am stuck in this rat race like most of the people.

Out here on the eastern plains, it hasn't been any benefit to be retired, because the weather simply hasn't been conducive all winter for playing golf.  Today's forecast is for just 11 degrees - I can't remember the last time it was this cold in March.  We aren't even supposed to get above freezing until Thursday, which means that the 2 inches of snow we got yesterday won't even start to melt before then. 

My first tournament at Foothills is scheduled for April 6... sure hope something changes by then.  The way it's been going, I may not get even one practice round in.

Edited by Fourputt

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

No benefit here in NE OH either! Snowing a blizzard about now, and the next two nights are forecast to be in the single digits! All I can say about the groundhog is that he's a stinking, low life, lying rodent!