IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

I played Brigantine GC in AC this past Sunday...cart path only, and for the first time I saw they used mini pins !(flag sticks)   Fairways were terrible, they shouldn't have even been open to play, but I guess they were desperate for the money...I see some Monmouth county courses are opening this week(NJ) but now with the advent of possible snow on Friday, I'll see if they will shut it back down.

Thank goodness I found an indoor simulator that is open 24 hrs about a 1/2 hour from me. At least I can work on my swing.(Although shooting a 95 Sunday didn't show the fact that I have been swinging the clubs all winter.)..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida bound on Saturday, woo hoo!  Getting away form the crappy weather.  Going to be playing lots of golf. 

I haven't shanked a ball in months.

Crap blizzard tomorrow...then brutal cold with 50 mph winds...wind chills around -20. First person in my group next year bitch that it's hot out gets a punch in the face...I dont care if they are

Posted Images

I played Brigantine GC in AC this past Sunday...cart path only, and for the first time I saw they used mini pins !(flag sticks)   Fairways were terrible, they shouldn't have even been open to play, but I guess they were desperate for the money...I see some Monmouth county courses are opening this week(NJ) but now with the advent of possible snow on Friday, I'll see if they will shut it back down. Thank goodness I found an indoor simulator that is open 24 hrs about a 1/2 hour from me. At least I can work on my swing.(Although shooting a 95 Sunday didn't show the fact that I have been swinging the clubs all winter.)..

We have a home in Brigantine and get out on The Links every so often (but less the past few years given the deteriorating conditions). You're correct about them needing the money as they're in bigtime trouble which has impacted any real upkeep. There's a battle underway about future ownership with the city and outside management companies (Ron Jaworski's golf management company in particular) making pitches. It's a shame because it can be a neat little track but there are way too many better options in the area worth the $$. A 24hr simulator? Nice! Where might that be?

FOILED !    After a week of above freezing temps & a lot of snow melt - was hoping to travel an hour or so south & play the weekend after this ... now they're calling for 3-5 inches of snow on Friday !!      I thought this horror of a winter was over ... apparently NOT :censored:

FOILED !    After a week of above freezing temps & a lot of snow melt - was hoping to travel an hour or so south & play the weekend after this ... now they're calling for 3-5 inches of snow on Friday !!      I thought this horror of a winter was over ... apparently NOT

It won't be long. The warm days are starting to catch the cold days and will soon overtake them. It IS still winter until Friday.

I walked over the the public course next to my work yesterday at lunch and walked the rough along two holes. Ground is wet in places, probably still frozen down a few inches, most snow is gone but some is present in some low spots and shaded areas.

I also noticed that they must have been working on trees over the winter as several were cut down. Big trees a few feet in diameter at the base. Most removed trees were adjacent to the fairways but one or two were located somewhat in-play. Not sure if the course/county are planning on changing a few holes or not, I'll have to pay attention since I plan to play this course a few times this year after work.

The Old Man will just not relent here in the NE, the chill is getting colder again and the future looks ugly, losing faith in next weekend.

And yes it's still winter, but we've paid our dues this year, it's been a solid three months without any chance, enough already.

I want to kick punt Punxsutawney Phil through the uprights. What the hell? It's still ****ing cold. Windy. And it's gonna snow Friday. ****! Mother Nature you sick, sadistic, ****ing b***h!

I want to kick punt Punxsutawney Phil through the uprights. What the hell? It's still ****ing cold. Windy. And it's gonna snow Friday. ****! Mother Nature you sick, sadistic, ****ing b***h!

:-D Now Steve, get out of the truck, put the groundhog down and walk away.

This is just plain wrong anymore. Mid-60's Tuesday, right back to the 30's by today and now 3-6" of snow tomorrow. UNCLE!!!

We have a home in Brigantine and get out on The Links every so often (but less the past few years given the deteriorating conditions). You're correct about them needing the money as they're in bigtime trouble which has impacted any real upkeep. There's a battle underway about future ownership with the city and outside management companies (Ron Jaworski's golf management company in particular) making pitches. It's a shame because it can be a neat little track but there are way too many better options in the area worth the $$.

A 24hr simulator? Nice! Where might that be?

I like the Brig...just not in July when we have a 2 day tournament there...the GREEN HEADS are terrible !...

The 24 hr simulator is up aways from you..! exit 135 off the GSP...google the "GOLFCAVE"....I've been investing a lot of time there since Jan....Like I stated, the 95 was not indicative on how I swing the club....I worked all winter on not hooding my face and making a better back swing(fuller)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Now Steve, get out of the truck, put the groundhog down and walk away.

Momentary bout of cabin fever. :-P

I think I missed summer, I think I missed golf, what happened? was I any good? Ziggy? where am I? what happened to spring!?

/impatient

Love spring and summer hate winter, you can't golf very good when every shot off the tee sounds like your using a steel pipe, and your ball gets plugged in the cold, white fuzz. And frankly after having a winter that has seen 11.5 feet of snow and 5 foot snow banks since January, I'm ready for warm weather so I can play some golf!

I think I missed summer, I think I missed golf, what happened? was I any good? Ziggy? where am I? what happened to spring!?

/impatient

Man ... you should have seen yourself. It was awesome.

Cabin fever leads to thoughts of this:

One thing comes to mind...