IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

He did lose some shots off the tee, but he hit it OOB twice during the week. Those two shots comprise -4 to his strokes gained off the tee. Apart from those two shots he was pretty good off the tee (based on his shots gained), although he also hit that weird pull hook in round 3 on 15. Brandel Chamblee seems to think that when he's on a hole that has no hazards, he drives it fine, but as soon as there is OB around or water, he gets quicker in transition and hits it all over the place. I thought that was an interesting comment. I wonder why that happens. Thoughts

I do think he'll figure the putting thing out. Steve Stricker made the US Open, so hopefully Tiger will bump into him on the putting green and Stricker will give him a tip. I don't know Shinnecock particularly well, but I don't think there's a whole heap of OB or water there, so hopefully he'll keep it together. Had he putted like an average PGA Tour player last week and didn't hit the two drives OB, he would have won by 6 shots. I like his chances at Shinnecock, except for that his play in majors since 2009 has been very lackluster. Personally I think it's in his head. Hope he gets past it. One thing I am fairly confident of is that he won't finish his career with 15 majors. If he wins another one, I think he'll win a few more too. Only way I see him winning 15 total is if he doesn't win any for a few years and then at 48 he catches lightning in a bottle and takes one more, then retires because his back is done.

Just my opinion, but I think - like a weekend hacker, Tiger probably tenses up a bit when there is a hazard around.  I know I do, and that's when things can go wrong.  Oh so very wrong.  Haha

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

5 hours ago, Yukari said:

Just my opinion, but I think - like a weekend hacker, Tiger probably tenses up a bit when there is a hazard around.  I know I do, and that's when things can go wrong.  Oh so very wrong.  Haha

He definitely does on the first tee.

Colin P.

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Careful ....you may scratch his anchor.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

I like his chances at Shinnecock, except for that his play in majors since 2009 has been very lackluster.

He's on and off struggled with injuries and not being able to play since 2009, but he's been close a few times since 2009, with finishes: T4, T4, T3, T11, T4, T6. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Board in the morning said he wasn't playing today, went out for a late 9 holes and practiced as well.

Will try and catch the big cat tomorrow.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

How did Tiger rate to get to play with the number one and number two players in the world?

Will someone please tell me, just a fair curious mind would like to know.

Is Tiger off limits!

Would appreciate a reply?🙁

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

How did Tiger rate to get to play with the number one and number two players in the world?

Is Tiger off limits!

Would appreciate a reply?🙁

@Gerald ladig, seems you joined just to be a Tiger hater. Cool.

Good luck with that.

Uh, he's a big draw. The biggest needle mover in golf. He's won three U.S. Opens and is making a pretty good comeback (thus far) in 2018. He's the greatest player in the history of the game. The USGA gets to make whatever groupings they want, and Tiger is 80th in the OWGR despite dividing the points he's earned in only nine events by the minimum divisor of 40.

Yeah, you're just "curious."

Is Tiger off limits!

Obviously not.

You seem to have forgotten about your first post, which has already gotten a few responses:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Know this has been brought a lot but does anybody think Tiger will win another tournament ?

To much media hype about Tiger this or Tiger will do that every time he tees it up.

The golf channel should be called the Tiger channel because that’s all you hear.

23 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

Know this has been brought a lot but does anybody think Tiger will win another tournament ?

To much media hype about Tiger this or Tiger will do that every time he tees it up.

The golf channel should be called the Tiger channel because that’s all you hear.

You said it's been brought up. It has been discussed at length. No need to start a new thread. You mustn't watch the Golf Channel because they certainly do NOT just talk about Tiger. Perhaps you want to.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Shorty, I have gotten to the point that when they bring Tiger up I shut the TV down.

Beside there hardly any positive mention of other Golfers except maybe Phil which is good.

Tiger has not won a Tournament in  five years and the only Tournaments he plays in are those with a weak field.

Tiger is big money and Shorty you do understand that big money rule regardless.

And he will get special treatment until he retires from the Senior tour.

Edited by Gerald ladig

OP, there's already a thread for this;  I'd suggest posting in that one instead:

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gerald ladig said:

People do. And with reason. He's finished in the top ten or been tied for the lead several times this year. He's earned enough OWGR points in nine events, despite the minimum 40-event divisor, to be 80th in the OWGR.

Sez you. He moves the needle.

What a fresh, original take.

40 minutes ago, Shorty said:

You said it's been brought up. It has been discussed at length. No need to start a new thread. You mustn't watch the Golf Channel because they certainly do NOT just talk about Tiger. Perhaps you want to.

You're right - that's all @Gerald ladig has posted about. Tiger exclusively.

33 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

Shorty, I have gotten to the point that when they bring Tiger up I shut the TV down.

And, seemingly, come here to post some inane stuff about Tiger.

Beside there hardly any positive mention of other Golfers except maybe Phil which is good.

That's not what actually happens.

Tiger has not won a Tournament in  five years and the only Tournaments he plays in are those with a weak field.

He hasn't played the last two+.

11 minutes ago, Shindig said:

OP, there's already a thread for this;  I'd suggest posting in that one instead:

Merged.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This is just a great confirmation of the influence Tiger has in the world of golf. I really enjoy seeing @Gerald ladig post incessantly about Tiger. That’s how much Tiger moves the needle. Even non-fans can’t help it! They can’t stop posting about Tiger! I love it! @Gerald ladig you’re doing it bro! You’ve got Tiger fever!! It’s awesome!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Yes - The Masters and U.S. Opens are scheduled to be Web.com events in 2019 for that very reason. Remember... the dude could barely walk a year ago. Sheeesh.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

Hell, I missed this part.

The Players is one of the biggest tournaments of the year. Ditto for The Memorial.

And of course The Masters and the U.S. Open. That's 4 out of 9.

Oh, and Honda has a really good field. There's five out of nine.

Thanks @Shorty. Don't let facts get in the way of your BS, @Gerald ladig.

I'm tired of @Gerald Ladig's posts... All he ever talks about is Tiger... I just quit reading as soon as I see that. Geez what a fan boy... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"