IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

They're gonna have to make that graph bigger because he's soon to be in the 100s.

Yeah, those 2013 Florida swing wins are about to start falling off his OWGR calculation.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dan Patrick Monday Interview w/Notah Begay:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

NYT: Tiger Woods Needs to Rediscover Joy of Golf

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/sports/tiger-woods-needs-to-rediscover-joy-of-golf.html?ref=sports

Quote:

Instead of looking at his swing on a video monitor, Woods needs to picture shots in his head and then playfully try to duplicate them. No pressure, all process. As soon as he deflects the focus from the results, he’ll experience success, and his confidence will return like long-lost paparazzi.

Woods could do worse than making the drive from Jupiter, Fla., to Miami to play a few rounds with Lucy Li, who competed in last year’s United States Women’s Open at age 11. She talked about how her coach, Jim McLean, kept golf fun by having her hit while balancing on one leg or using one hand.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/2/12/steiny-tiger-wants-to-play-right-now-chomping-at-the-bit.html

Steinberg also told ESPN.com's Bob Harig about the relief the Woods camp felt when the physios inspected the patient "over the weekend" and found the glute deactivation was not related to the sacrum popping issues of last year. Oh yeah, you'd forgotten his sacrum popped and had to be put back into place.

Steinberg said there was "relief'' in the Woods camp when it was revealed that the latest back trouble was not related to surgery he had in March of last year. "He got treatment immediately and over the weekend when he got home, and it alleviated the discomfort quite a bit,'' said Steinberg, who also added Woods has been able to do some light chipping and putting.

Woods left open the possibility that he would play the Honda Classic in two weeks, but that would appear a bit premature. Steinberg suggested Woods would get back to work in earnest next week, which means he'd have five days to find his game before entering? Seems unlikely.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

NYT: Tiger Woods Needs to Rediscover Joy of Golf

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/sports/tiger-woods-needs-to-rediscover-joy-of-golf.html?ref=sports

Instead of looking at his swing on a video monitor, Woods needs to picture shots in his head and then playfully try to duplicate them. No pressure, all process. As soon as he deflects the focus from the results, he’ll experience success, and his confidence will return like long-lost paparazzi.

Woods could do worse than making the drive from Jupiter, Fla., to Miami to play a few rounds with Lucy Li, who competed in last year’s United States Women’s Open at age 11. She talked about how her coach, Jim McLean, kept golf fun by having her hit while balancing on one leg or using one hand.

This is a couple of steps short of devolving into a Karate Kid or Rocky sequel.

Maybe Tiger needs a montage.

Actually, now that I'm picturing Butch playing the Mick role, standing next to Tiger on the range, yelling "YA GOT NO HEART, KID!", I'm 100% on board with this.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

The original tweet:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Now he needs to stop squatting down so much in his swing. Let the swing do the work, don't add all that extra junk to it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The original tweet:

Doh, Nike Golf, Wieden+Kennedy, whomever, you should have Photoshopped the clock dammit! Amateurs! :-P

Steve

Tiger Woods’ era of dominance shouldn't be lost on Tour’s youngsters

Quote:
“People just don’t realize how good he was, because he hasn’t played well for a while,” Davis Love III said. “We focus too much on what Tiger is doing — we don’t take time to appreciate what he did.”
“He kicked my ass for 15 years,” Ernie Els said.
“Remember when he caught flak for talking about his ‘C’ game? Well, we knew if he played his ‘A’ game he’d beat us by 10 ... and if he didn’t play that well he’d beat you by four,” Love said. “Butch Harmon told me years ago, when Tiger was a kid, that ‘If I can get this kid to better with his short irons, you guys will never beat him.’ “

“We all want to win. But as competitive as we are, we don’t want to see anybody suffer like this. If you miss a putt or miss a shot or miss a tee shot, that’s part of the game,” Els said. “But you don’t want to see one of the best players (ever) go through a period like this. It’s tough to watch.”

In stark contrast to all those many years when it was brilliant to behold.

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/jun/15/tiger-woods-us-open-2015-chambers-bay-ernie-els/

Steve

I can't help but think that Tiger has sabotaged his own career at this point.  I get that he wants to improve his game, but completely re-vamping his swing AGAIN?  Watching his news conference was truly sad.  He's starting to believe his own hyperbole at this point, and I'm one of his biggest fans.  No Tiger, you're NOT close to putting it all together.  I'd rather see him retire at this point knowing that his 14 majors will stand for at least another 20 years or so.

Dale

I can't help but think that Tiger has sabotaged his own career at this point.  I get that he wants to improve his game, but completely re-vamping his swing AGAIN?  Watching his news conference was truly sad.  He's starting to believe his own hyperbole at this point, and I'm one of his biggest fans.  No Tiger, you're NOT close to putting it all together.  I'd rather see him retire at this point knowing that his 14 majors will stand for at least another 20 years or so.

Dale

What is he supposed to say? "I still suck ass, my swing is in flux, and I'm not 100% sure that I should be out here?"

What's the point in him saying that he's not fully prepared? If he were to do that, it'd just be another round of media nonsense. If anything, Tiger is saving us quite a lot of circus; if you think it's bad now, with Tiger being a constant topic of conversation, just imagine how bad it would be if he were like Sergio and said something about he doesn't think he has the ability to win majors.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Take away the two worst, this driver dispersion looks decent?

Steve

Take away the two worst, this driver dispersion looks decent?

That looks good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What is he supposed to say? "I still suck ass, my swing is in flux, and I'm not 100% sure that I should be out here?"

What's the point in him saying that he's not fully prepared? If he were to do that, it'd just be another round of media nonsense. If anything, Tiger is saving us quite a lot of circus; if you think it's bad now, with Tiger being a constant topic of conversation, just imagine how bad it would be if he were like Sergio and said something about he doesn't think he has the ability to win majors.

Just be honest (with himself) and say he's struggling.  It's obvious even to the most casual observer.  Nothing wrong with that.  Saying "you're close" is just sad.

I'll put this here, instead of the US Open thread

Combine this with his 3 wood on 18 and Nike can reintroduce the "I am Tiger Woods" ad campaign

Players play, tough players win!