IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Moderators:  I just quickly started a post on the Tournament and Tiger without checking to see if there was already one in the works.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to clutter up the forum.  You get old, you start to lose focus!   You can close mine if you wish or add it to this one.  Thanks.:content:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

• Administrator

I added it to the Hero Challenge topic.

Thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas

Aren't the points he's gotten in the last two Hero World Challenge tournaments, the only points he has on this current 104-week period?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

13 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

@iacas

Aren't the points he's gotten in the last two Hero World Challenge tournaments, the only points he has on this current 104-week period?

There are only four counting events on his profile, two of which he MC-ed and WD-ed, receiving zero points. Which means the last two Hero tournaments are the only tournaments he's currently gathered points in.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tiger-woods-never-really-left/

Tiger Mania has had peaks and valleys, but it’s never died down entirely. If Tiger says his back is feeling good, we’re paying attention. If Tiger sneezes, we’re paying attention. And if Tiger messes up, we’re definitely paying attention. But now that he’s picked up the bag again, it would be nice if the quality of his game returned to the sublime golf that made us fall in love with him to begin with — and allow us to focus on that.

I hope this is true. I hope Tiger can get back a fraction of his former self and go at all these young players. Imagine a Spieth V. Tiger at the Masters.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/12/4/16732090/tiger-woods-schedule-2018-hero-world-challenge-2017

LaCava speculated that Tiger would next play at Torrey, and that he might not be going to Dubai.

I think the schedule they map out in this article seems about right - Torrey, Riviera, Honda Classic, Bay Hill - but I wonder if he might play one or both of the WGC events. He's always played well in both of them, but the WGC Championship isn't at Doral anymore, and AFAIK he's never played at Austin Country Club, the site of the WGC Match Play.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

7 minutes ago, jamo said:

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/12/4/16732090/tiger-woods-schedule-2018-hero-world-challenge-2017

LaCava speculated that Tiger would next play at Torrey, and that he might not be going to Dubai.

I think the schedule they map out in this article seems about right - Torrey, Riviera, Honda Classic, Bay Hill - but I wonder if he might play one or both of the WGC events. He's always played well in both of them, but the WGC Championship isn't at Doral anymore, and AFAIK he's never played at Austin Country Club, the site of the WGC Match Play.

He has to qualify for those. Non-trivial. Top 64 in the world for the matchplay and I think the WGC is also WR based. Can't just enter those unless he does something pretty special between now and then.

4 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

He has to qualify for those. Non-trivial. Top 64 in the world for the matchplay and I think the WGC is also WR based. Can't just enter those unless he does something pretty special between now and then.

Ah right right. My mistake.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm interested also in his schedule.  Glimpses there of what he might still be capable of.  Can he be spectatcular though?  Or is it just enough to be competitive with the rest of the gang.....

What events can he even qualify for?  lifetime exemptions of course, I don't doubt he'll get sponsor exemptions, as well as (sponsor) event exemptions too.

I'd like to see Adam Scott and Rory take back off too, but lately I haven't been holding my breath for them other than just holding their own with the crowd - but not crushing.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

6 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I'm interested also in his schedule.  Glimpses there of what he might still be capable of.  Can he be spectatcular though?  Or is it just enough to be competitive with the rest of the gang.....

What events can he even qualify for?  lifetime exemptions of course, I don't doubt he'll get sponsor exemptions, as well as (sponsor) event exemptions too.

I'd like to see Adam Scott and Rory take back off too, but lately I haven't been holding my breath for them other than just holding their own with the crowd - but not crushing.

He's exempt into a lot of stuff I believe. He has lifetime for the Masters. Open is through age 65. US Open I think he has a 10 year exemption from 2008. Next year will be his last year of that though. I believe he is fully exempt on tour, so he can play in any PGA tour event he likes. It's just the WGCs and the playoff events that he will have to qualify for. That is the case for everyone, although some of them have already done so. 

I'd like to see him play plenty in the run up to the Masters. I hope he doesn't just appear at the big ones. Reps will be good and the more tournaments he plays in, the better his ranking will get (if he gets points in them anyway). 

Thought I would find more of these. Will have to wait and see. Disclaimer - just posting what I find, no claims as to quality of these vids.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

He's exempt into a lot of stuff I believe. He has lifetime for the Masters. Open is through age 65. US Open I think he has a 10 year exemption from 2008. Next year will be his last year of that though. I believe he is fully exempt on tour, so he can play in any PGA tour event he likes. It's just the WGCs and the playoff events that he will have to qualify for. That is the case for everyone, although some of them have already done so. 

I'd like to see him play plenty in the run up to the Masters. I hope he doesn't just appear at the big ones. Reps will be good and the more tournaments he plays in, the better his ranking will get (if he gets points in them anyway). 

I looked it up and it appears as though the PGA is also a lifetime exemption.  I don't imagine that he'll have any trouble getting into just about any tournament he wants.

2 hours ago, Pardner said:

If Tiger and Patrick Reed get paired together on the final day will they both where red and black?

It would be VERY cool since it's for the right reasons

When asked about his apparel choice on Sunday, Reed explained that "the best player ever to live when I was growing up wore black pants, a red shirt. I was growing up watching him, I always thought, you know, it would be cool to wear black and red come down Sunday."

Bill - 

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

It would be VERY cool since it's for the right reasons

When asked about his apparel choice on Sunday, Reed explained that "the best player ever to live when I was growing up wore black pants, a red shirt. I was growing up watching him, I always thought, you know, it would be cool to wear black and red come down Sunday."

Yea I dunno... could be awkward. This didn't work out so well when Jonas Blixt played that joke on Fowler a few years ago. 

hqdefault.jpg

And how weird would it be if Reed won? Fist pumping away while Tiger just stands there stoically. 

If it doesn't initiate the Big Crunch somehow, then it would at the very least be awkward as hell. 

• Upvote 1

Constantine

16 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea I dunno... could be awkward. This didn't work out so well when Jonas Blixt played that joke on Fowler a few years ago. 

It's embarrassing enough when the caddies all show up in the same outfits too......   :-P

Bill - 

Another swing analysis

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.