IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Tdub @ Harding Park.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With Tiger, it is now a crap shoot every time he tees it up.  Not because of his game, but because of his health.  It seems his back problem flares up out of nowhere.

I just hope he can play this week without any flare ups.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

5 hours ago, Yukari said:

With Tiger, it is now a crap shoot every time he tees it up.  Not because of his game, but because of his health.  It seems his back problem flares up out of nowhere.

I saw this post on Instagram, this instructor imho knows what he's talking about. I wonder if this is related. Or just drumming up conversation?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

15 hours ago, Yukari said:

We may hear about it out of nowhere.  But he does not have a normal back anymore, with previous injuries and surgeries.  I enjoy watching him play, but am concerned that he will significantly damage it further. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I disagree with the Instagram garbage. I mean come on...same shit was said before he came back  out and won his first tournament followed by another major. FFS it’s like constantly moving the bar of expectations higher and higher. The guys the GOAT and has a damn good chance to keep winning tournaments. I’d tell whoever this guy is to STFU.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I’d tell whoever this guy is to STFU.

Dennis taught me AimPoint when he was in Rhode Island. He’s a really good instructor. Not sure why he posted this though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Dennis taught me AimPoint when he was in Rhode Island. He’s a really good instructor. Not sure why he posted this though.

Because social media.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

He should stick to instructing.😙

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Because social media.

I'll take this Jeopardy style.

Why are prominent people publicly displaying unimaginable stupidity?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
1 hour ago, turtleback said:

I'll take this Jeopardy style.

Why are prominent people publicly displaying unimaginable stupidity?

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 8/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, nevets88 said:

I saw this post on Instagram, this instructor imho knows what he's talking about. I wonder if this is related. Or just drumming up conversation?

I think he is asking a valid questiin, Tiger made some comments about ageing and it seems as though he is having doubts, I genuinely can't see him winning another major although id love to be wrong. If you gave me 10k to bet on him winning a major again or not, I would 100% put the money on him not winning another and that is no disrespect to everything he hss done in tne game, he is the Goat

12 minutes ago, Nail said:

I think he is asking a valid questiin, Tiger made some comments about ageing and it seems as though he is having doubts, I genuinely can't see him winning another major although id love to be wrong. If you gave me 10k to bet on him winning a major again or not, I would 100% put the money on him not winning another and that is no disrespect to everything he hss done in tne game, he is the Goat

You would have likely said the same thing at the start of 2019 though, so....

The Big Cat, crossing your screen.

• Like 1

Steve

39 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

You would have likely said the same thing at the start of 2019 though, so....

Its more to do with those comments, I'm only surmising but it seems as if he thinks its over himself which is understandsble with his injuries etc. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him win another but with the strength of the field now and his coming to an end I just can't see it, but like you said i likely would have said the same thing before the masters win

Didn't want to start a new thread, and it's Tiger related so here it is...

So in recent months I've been having a crisis of sorts...perhaps an existential crisis? IDK. Anyways, we don't have cable, I watch whatever free apps there are on Roku, and there's a PGA Tour channel that replays lots of tournaments from the past twenty years or so. Sometimes they'll go on a Tiger kick and replay a bunch in a row of his wins from the early 2000s. 

My crisis is this - It's becoming more and more apparent how much better the guys from the past ten years are than the guys from '97-2010ish. I'm watching Tigs beat up on guys who *seem* like chumps compared to the Rorys and DJs and Spieths and Rahms and Koepkas of today. 

I'm watching leaderboards filled with well known names, but who in my mind aren't in the same league. Guys like Scott McCarron, Bob Tway, Jerry Kelly, Bob Estes, Steve Flesch....

Even some of the bigger names like David Duval, Justin Leonard, Ernie Els, etc, don't seem quite as formidable anymore. 

I guess I just don't know what to believe anymore. It's like my whole world is a lie.

Colin P.

4 hours ago, colin007 said:

I guess I just don't know what to believe anymore. It's like my whole world is a lie.

Are you trying to say that Tiger was never as good as it was made out to be and his accomplishments are whatever because he was playing against a bunch of chumps compared to today's field?????

• Like 1

:titleist:

:tmade:

6 hours ago, colin007 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread, and it's Tiger related so here it is...

So in recent months I've been having a crisis of sorts...perhaps an existential crisis? IDK. Anyways, we don't have cable, I watch whatever free apps there are on Roku, and there's a PGA Tour channel that replays lots of tournaments from the past twenty years or so. Sometimes they'll go on a Tiger kick and replay a bunch in a row of his wins from the early 2000s. 

My crisis is this - It's becoming more and more apparent how much better the guys from the past ten years are than the guys from '97-2010ish. I'm watching Tigs beat up on guys who *seem* like chumps compared to the Rorys and DJs and Spieths and Rahms and Koepkas of today. 

I'm watching leaderboards filled with well known names, but who in my mind aren't in the same league. Guys like Scott McCarron, Bob Tway, Jerry Kelly, Bob Estes, Steve Flesch....

Even some of the bigger names like David Duval, Justin Leonard, Ernie Els, etc, don't seem quite as formidable anymore. 

Aren’t there a lot of one hit wonders in the 2010s as well? Danny Willet. 

The fact that Woods can still win in this era with a dodgy back, knee, etc... and a ton of mental baggage speaks volumes imho. 

• Like 1

Steve

On 8/3/2020 at 9:32 AM, nevets88 said:

It's just MHO.  I would love to see Tiger contend, but due to his back, he can contend one day and be hobbling around the next.

Didn't even know Dennis had an article on Tiger.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2