IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

On 12/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, iacas said:

Seriously.

And like I've been pointing out, and had to a lot today on another site, it's good that it was his trail leg that was screwed up. It lets him get back to playing golf a LOT sooner. If it was his front leg… we'd not see Tiger on the golf course yet, I don't think. For months.

Good point!  Didn't even occur to me that it was his right leg that had the sleeves.  Well I knew it was his right leg that had the sleeve, but didn't occur to me that you don't put much weight on the follow through on the right leg.

Difference between a teacher who can spot and recognize little things vs. a student.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I'm pretty sure we think we've seen all the Tiger Woods is amazeballs stats. This one was new to me. Happy Birthday Needle Mover.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

That thread is worth reading.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The 54-hole lead stat is crazy. I didn't realize that its less than 50% on average for PGA Tour Players to win after having a 54-hole lead. For Tiger to be at 95.7% is just absurd. You have to think, he had a good number of 1-2 stroke leads, but still didn't get caught. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 12/30/2021 at 4:56 PM, saevel25 said:

The 54-hole lead stat is crazy. I didn't realize that its less than 50% on average for PGA Tour Players to win after having a 54-hole lead. For Tiger to be at 95.7% is just absurd. You have to think, he had a good number of 1-2 stroke leads, but still didn't get caught. 

It's called having ice water in your veins, but also it just proves he does the best preparation for an event than anyone else and because he knows this it creates a real confidence and calm before that final Sunday round.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

On 12/30/2021 at 7:56 PM, saevel25 said:

Some of it is Tiger, obviously. But some of it is Tiger's aura. We have all heard about how when Tiger had a 54 hole lead the competition would either give up, or press so hard that they'd make mistakes. Sunday pin placements and course set ups are the toughest, so when you are pressing a small mistake can have a big effect. 

A lot of Tiger's stats are simply crazy though. My personal favorite is the fact that during an about 18 month / 36-tournament stretch from 1999 PGA Championship all the way to the 2001 Masters, Tiger won 17 times. That means he won more than 47% of the tournaments he entered. Plus during that time he won 5 out of 6 majors. That's re-god-damned-diculous. 

Remember when he went winless for 6 (yes 6!) tournaments at the start of 2001 and all the reporters were asking him how come he was in such a slump? Even though he had won the previous 3 majors and was a combined 75 under par for the 6 tournaments in which he was supposedly in a "slump". Nobody has ever had those kinds of expectations. Nobody has ever played a stretch of golf like that.

No offense to Jack and I get the 15 vs 18 thing. But Tiger's the GOAT. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

13 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

No offense to Jack and I get the 15 vs 18 thing. But Tiger's the GOAT. 

Yeah it’s funny how some can find facts to be offensive. It’s actually more offensive to Tiger to say Jack is the GOAT. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 4 weeks later...

Silly rabbit. Trix are for kids!

greg_castleman_273188305_314423243972459_1589389807069088794_n.jpg

• Funny 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
AP22047749179756.jpg?w=640

Tiger Woods took several questions about his health and his game Wednesday ahead of the Genesis.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

The set that Woods used to win 4 consecutive majors - there's a whole thread back in the day on whether it's a grand slam or not, the tl;dr is you're damn straight it's a grand slam - but I digress, the set is going up for auction and anticipated to fetch in the seven figures.

The more interesting story, at least imho, is how the original owner got the set. Apparently, a Titleist guy gave him a new set to replace his old one and Woods gifted him the grand slam irons. He then auctioned it off and then it wound up in the hands of the now current seller.

However, Woods said he used two sets during that period.

Mata wound up keeping the clubs in his possession until 2010 when they were put up for auction. Shortly after the lot went live, Woods came out and denied the clubs were legitimate. According to a Golfweek story from 2010, Woods revealed he used two sets during the Tiger Slam — and both were still at his home.

To confirm the provenance of the irons, Mata signed a sworn affidavit and underwent a polygraph test that he eventually passed. Tour pros, including Greg Kraft, came forward in Mata’s defense as well to confirm Woods had gifted the irons to the Titleist reps.

irons4.jpeg

A red-hot collectibles market means Tiger Woods' iconic irons could touch seven figures at auction this month.

So Mata initially asked for 250K, but got 57. Maybe seven figures is optimistic.

tiger-woods-masters-monday-augusta-04051

VISTA, Calif. – It seems everybody at Nucci’s Italian Cafe knows Steve Mata. He lives down the street. He comes here all the time. Now might...

Steve

And now there's this.

Steve

I wonder how Tiger feels the day after a practice round at Augusta? Still have my doubts he plays but good to see he is feeling well enough to walk a round there. Hopefully he can. 

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

A few insiders on social media saying Woods looked pretty good in practice round and thinking there's a good chance he will play. Still, it's anyone's guess. We'll see on Monday.

Steve

He said that if and when he returned to professional golf, it would be with intent to win, or something like that. He didn’t want to just get out there to play.

The Masters is special of course, but I wonder, if he play, how he consider his chances to win.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Steve