IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; Certified in Athletic Development Model; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2

Team :srixon:!

• Informative 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 weeks later...

Woods is officially in the PGA Championship, no word from Woods himself. 

woods-wave-1694-andrewredington.jpg

The PGA of America on Monday afternoon released the field list for the 104th PGA...

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Woods is officially in the PGA Championship, no word from Woods himself. 

woods-wave-1694-andrewredington.jpg

The PGA of America on Monday afternoon released the field list for the 104th PGA...

I think he has to register. He can still withdraw, of course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If Phil plays it will be interesting to see if the fans give him some stick.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Looks like a cyborg with that one leg sleeve.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

4 hours ago, Zeph said:

Looks like a cyborg with that one leg sleeve.

Well he does have a collection of plates and rods in his body, lol. Probably sets off the airport scanners.

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Well he does have a collection of plates and rods in his body, lol. Probably sets off the airport scanners.

As if he would know.

• Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Love that dood. Hate to see him limping, but ig it's better than wheeling around with one leg.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:16 PM, turtleback said:

If Phil plays it will be interesting to see if the fans give him some stick.

Admittedly, I really haven't followed the tour much the past couple years. Outside of checking in on how a friend from HS is doing every now and then, and watching the Masters. So had to go do some research on why we don't like Phil anymore. 

Wow. He may have just snatched the top spot on my hero to zero list. The subject of this thread currently holds that honor. And he may retain it. But Phil is, at the very least, a strong second.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

I love Tiger's reaction when he realized Colin didn't immediately figure out it was his club when he just handed it to him.

That was funny. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
My Game Golf Profile -
Click Here! (It's not a trap) fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Woods at Southern Hills.

This is the walk of someone whose body is not quite right.

Swing looks ok though.

Those were from yesterday, here is today.

Steve

• Administrator

That walk looks like that on a Monday?!?!

Oy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oy.

Wasn’t he wearing metal spikes in the second one? It sounded like that. The first was was a really steep hill.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)
40 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Wasn’t he wearing metal spikes in the second one? It sounded like that. The first was was a really steep hill.

Tiger has always worn metal spikes, barring a short stint of trying Softspikes at the end of 2018 before switching back, so that's not particularly surprising. IIRC he's been using the ProStinger "hybrid" metal spikes before and since. 

Edited by Pretzel

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Oy.

My thoughts exactly

Driver: :callaway: Rogue  /  Woods: :tmade: M2 3&5W’s / Hybrid: :tarmour: 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*

Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5W  Ball: :titleist: AVX optic yellow 

-Jonny