IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Real shame what's happened to this guy over the last several years. The Post-2008 US Open Tiger has been one helluvan unexpected story, and not in a good way. I think even if you hate the guy, this isn't necessarily how you wanted to see him go out either.

I guess he needed to give it 2 years of rehab before returning. Man, that's gotta hurt to go through all that PT and then having a big setback 16 months later. I feel for this dude, like him or not. 

Boy, never thought I'd one day feel sorry for Tiger. I know he's got a lot to be thankful for, I'm just speaking as a fan who thought I'd get to watch him play a lot more than I did. I didn't start watching golf until 2008, which as it's now looking, was the beginning of the end so to speak.

• Upvote 2

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

An actual ad in this month's Golf Digest according to reddit.

UPDATE: I spoke with "Anthony" on the phone and the phone call went like this --
Joe - "My name is Joe Garber, a friend of Anthony's, and I can make Tiger back to how he used to be."
Me - "Well, Joe, I would need to know more information before I could ever even begin to think about setting this up."
Joe - "Ok great, well about me, I'm a Tai Chi master and a biomechanics master who has been teaching tennis for a very long time. I have a gift for seeing athletic movement and breaking down the action. I have had students of mine go on several college tennis scholarships and I'm a once a month golfer who shoots low 80s, golf isn't my thing, but I understand athletic movement. I have studied Tiger and see that there are 1, there are maybe 2, main things that Tiger used to do that he is not doing anymore. If I can tell him what that is, I guarantee he will beat everyone else again."

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

21 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

An actual ad in this month's Golf Digest according to reddit.

"If Tiger is reading this...."  Ha!!  Yeah, he usually checks out the classified ads in the back of Golf Digest for good deals, so if anyone needs to get in touch with him, this is a good way to do it.

• Upvote 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

On March 11, 2017 at 1:36 PM, JetFan1983 said:

Real shame what's happened to this guy over the last several years. The Post-2008 US Open Tiger has been one helluvan unexpected story, and not in a good way. I think even if you hate the guy, this isn't necessarily how you wanted to see him go out either.

I guess he needed to give it 2 years of rehab before returning. Man, that's gotta hurt to go through all that PT and then having a big setback 16 months later. I feel for this dude, like him or not. 

Boy, never thought I'd one day feel sorry for Tiger. I know he's got a lot to be thankful for, I'm just speaking as a fan who thought I'd get to watch him play a lot more than I did. I didn't start watching golf until 2008, which as it's now looking, was the beginning of the end so to speak.

Yeah. The beginning of the end was really when YE Yang took him down at the 09 PGA. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

"If Tiger is reading this...."  Ha!!  Yeah, he usually checks out the classified ads in the back of Golf Digest for good deals, so if anyone needs to get in touch with him, this is a good way to do it.

Well… he is pretty cheap, people say…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

24 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

What else does he have to do?  Kids go to school, and you can't play video games ALL day long.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I am sure he's keeping busy with his other business ventures, like course design, restaurants, his foundation, etc.  I won't be surprised if he has many other business ventures we don't know about.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Yukari said:

I am sure he's keeping busy with his other business ventures, like course design, restaurants, his foundation, etc.  I won't be surprised if he has many other business ventures we don't know about.

http://hjgt.org/news/nexus-invests-in-the-hjgt/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sky Sports piece on TW

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Who's Scott Foley? :-P

Meh... close enough. :)

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

1 hour ago, The Recreational Golfer said:

Please read NY Times golf reporter Karen Crouse's article today on Tiger Woods.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/08/sports/golf/tiger-woods-arnold-palmer-masters.html

Interesting article.  It's well written, but in my opinion way off-base.  

To try to convince Tiger to show up at The Masters and play, knowing full well he might not make the cut much less win because of injuries, but should do it for the fans and compare that to Arnold Palmer playing, knowing full well he wasn't going to make the cut but did it for the fans are not the same thing.  The article mentions that Palmer posted 12 scores in the 80s in his last 16 competitive rounds, but the fans didn't care...they were just happy to see him.  And that's true.  He could have shot 95 and the fans would have cheered for every shot.  But let's be honest, Arnie's competitive career was decades in the past.  The last time he made the cut was in '83, so nobody was keeping their fingers crossed those last 8 years ('97-'05) that he might play the weekend, so it's a stretch to even call those last 16 rounds "competitive".

For Palmer to shot 80-something when he is in his 70s is way different than if Tiger went out there and shot a similar score in his early 40s just a couple years removed from winning 5 tournaments in a season.  I would love to watch Arnold shoot 85.  I would hate to watch Tiger shoot 85. If he wants to do it when he's 70, that's fine.  But nobody wants to see that now.  At least I don't.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

17 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

What did you guys think of Haney's book the big miss? I'm about halfway through and it is pretty good.

Honestly, I thought it was very self-serving....

...and that's from someone who's not even a Tiger fan.

Edited by David in FL
  • Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, Scotsclaff said:

A girly reporting on golf. Meh!!

FFS!

Plenty of "girlies" out there who would mop the floor with you (and the rest of us) on the golf course, many who aren't in high school yet, so what's your point? 

Back on topic, I don't need agree with the article above either. At this point I'd rather not see Tiger play at all than see him play really poorly. 

• Upvote 1