IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I watched pretty the whole tournament because I was home with the flu.  Coverage was excellent and it was certainly not boring.  I also got the free Masters App for my phone and that was excellent too.  Bubba was a deserving winner.  He did not play conservative with a lead, which has crushed many players dreams in the past.

Looking forward to the next major.

I also really enjoyed watching it this year, but I was hoping for a closer finish given the leaderboard this morning. Was really pulling for Kuch (or Jimenez!), but I agree that Bubba was a deserving winner. It was also nice to see some consistency with a now 2 time Masters winner. Blixt played great, but it would have been a big let down if he won.

Also, it goes to show that in the end of the day eye hand coordination and athletic ability is more important then having a perfect swing.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I want to know where the Masters champion goes to dinner after he wins? Bubba probably goes to Burger King. Since he won, he blows a little exttra money and gets the Double Whopper.

Seriously, I would like to know what various pros did after they won.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Haha guilty. Hoping for a shutdown corner or a WR like Odell Beckham Jr. in round one. And Chris Johnson for a cheap 1 year guaranteed deal would be nice as well.

They have angered me to no end the last couple of years. The owner sucks and doesn't put a premium on winning. To not even consider bringing Revis back is gross. :pound: :censored: :offtopic:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I want to know where the Masters champion goes to dinner after he wins? Bubba probably goes to Burger King. Since he won, he blows a little exttra money and gets the Double Whopper. Seriously, I would like to know what various pros did after they won.

I can tell you where Phil went. Are there any Waffle Houses, Krispy Kremes, or Five Guys nearby? [quote name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/73499/2014-masters-discussion-thread/1410_30#post_976731"] To not even consider bringing Revis back is gross. :pound: :censored: :offtopic:[/quote] As a Pats fan, I thank you. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You reckon he'll be in his Learjet heading to Liverpool John Lennon come July, then?

Nope, I'm referring to The Open Championship being held at Pinehurst in North Carolina.

Colin P.

I can tell you where Phil went. Are there any Waffle Houses, Krispy Kremes, or Five Guys nearby? As a Pats fan, I thank you. :-D

There is a hooters about a block from magnolia lane.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

As a Pats fan, I thank you. :-D

Yeah, my gf is a Pats fan and railed me hard when Revis signed with the Pats. Revis has been my favorite Jet this century. Might actually root for the Pats in the 14 regular season games this year.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Quote:
Nope, I'm referring to The Open Championship being held at Pinehurst in North Carolina.

Ah - sorry, I thought there was a subtle, implied suggestion in there that Tiger's next major competition after returning from injury would be the [British] Open.

I don't worry too much about these hang ups regarding "The Open Championship" vis-à-vis the "United States Open Championship." As an Englishman living in the U.S. I generally refer to them as the "British Open" and "U.S. Open" respectively. If anyone takes offence, well, to be honest, life really is too short for such nonsense...

I would never wear a flat brimmed hat, but they don't bother me. However, the fact that he wears one too big for his head and that he tucks his ears into it causes me to agree with you. Studied question: does bubba get a second jacket, or does he just get presented with the one he already owns? Maybe they add a tick mark to it or something?

Yeah it's all that. Ears tucked in is terrribble...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Ah - sorry, I thought there was a subtle, implied suggestion in there that Tiger's next major competition after returning from injury would be the [British] Open. I don't worry too much about these hang ups regarding "The Open Championship" [COLOR=222222]vis-à-vis the "United States Open Championship." As an Englishman living in the U.S. I generally refer to them as the "British Open" and "U.S. Open" respectively. If anyone takes offence, well, to be honest, life really is too short for such nonsense...[/COLOR]

:-P Yeah, I lump those people in the same category as those who use the term "THE Ohio State University"... I think Tiger surprises us all and comes back between the two Opens.

Colin P.

Some call guys who wear hats like Ricky, Flat bill, ear tuckers...

Yeah..those hats are only for people under 35 who like when attractive women want to sleep with them.

He looks like a 4th grader, but acted like a true man to greet Bubba with his first and second win at the masters. That's a good friend. Kudos to Kooch for the same gesture. Classy.

He looks like a 4th grader, but acted like a true man to greet Bubba with his first and second win at the masters. That's a good friend. Kudos to Kooch for the same gesture. Classy.

^^^Yep. My opinion of Ricky changed a couple of years ago when Bubba said he asked Ricky for advice. Probably not the norm considering their respective ages. I put a lot more stock in how the players (that actually know each other) feel about each other than what we all think we know based on a few minutes caught on camera.

Re: Ricky F...IMHO, you can say what you want about how he dresses, wears his hair (when it was long) ect. but from what I've seen and read, he's a good dude, I call him a kid account of I'm way older..lol he does good things for people. I became a fan of his about 2 or 3 months ago, and will always hope that he wins, or does well on tour, even if he is a flat bill ear tucker.. :-D

Re: Ricky F...IMHO, you can say what you want about how he dresses, wears his hair (when it was long) ect. but from what I've seen and read, he's a good dude, I call him a kid account of I'm way older..lol he does good things for people. I became a fan of his about 2 or 3 months ago, and will always hope that he wins, or does well on tour, even if he is a flat bill ear tucker..

I agree, Ricky is good for golf.  Kids can relate to him and overall he seems like a respectable guy.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!