IGNORED

What is the most GIR you have ever hit in a round?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just last sunday and made 10 GIRs. But I 3-putted 4 times, even once from 9 yards. Scored a very decent 82. Seems like something happend during the winter, hope the golfgods do not strike me by lightning now :~(

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best ever is 11. One round I hit 10 greens in a row to finish a round but I had only hit one in the previous 8 holes so it was definitely a hot/cold round. I can't imagine a round where someone hit all 14 fairways and all 18 greens. Regardless of the score I would see that as about as good as it can get for a golfer. Some days putts fall and sometimes they don't but to have a ball striking day like that shows a different level of proficiency.

last weekend i hit 11 greens. Iron play was sharp. That's why i won the matchplay 4-3 lost the first than took 5 holes straight

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I used to keep track of GIR when I played all the time. 16 was my top and that was probably one of the times I shot 70. I'd guess I used to average 11-12 on good rounds, 5-6 on poor rounds.

Nowadays, I probably average 8 GIR's. My top last year couldn't have been more than 11 or 12.

17, had a hole in one that day as well

Sweet!  What'd you shoot?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

This was today. Easy course, but the greens were hollow tined and sanded last week and were wet with heavy dew this morning. I reckon they were stimping around 5. Putting was brutal.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

This was today. Easy course, but the greens were hollow tined and sanded last week and were wet with heavy dew this morning. I reckon they were stimping around 5. Putting was brutal. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96368/] [/URL]

That is impressive Stretch! I can honestly say I don't think I have had a round where I have hit more than 12 GIR. I was looking back on my golfshot stats and my average is 7 with 11 being the top end. I get it up and down a LOT! Haha Even on my personal best round of 73 I hit just 9 GIR. Had two birdies and one water ball. Mostly a lot of pars.

A quick scan gives me a round with 12, maybe there's better in there, but I've looked enough.  That was a good round.

typically 8-10 it appears

this might be a good stat to work on - always (no kidding)

Bill - 

Sweet!  What'd you shoot?

67, feels like a loooong time ago lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I played a round of mini golf where I hit all 18 greens.  Other than that I think 12-13 is my record.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I usually average about 8 to 10, but my best-ever is 14. The difference between me and tour pros is that when I hit 14 greens, I shoot 75. The tour pro hits 14 greens and shoots 68.

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

I hit 14/18 for what still is my lowest score to date a 76. My GIR is up to just over 40% and my misses are usually not horrific, not too bad a for a hacker. But the downside is my 3 putts are also up. I am hoping that changes when the greens shape up. There are a few holes on my course that I've never hit GIR.

Dave :-)

I don't track my stats closely (I probably should start doing so), but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say 12-13 GIR's a few years ago at Skylinks. It was my first sub-80 round ever (I shot a 77) and what surprised me afterwards was how easy the game seemed. Every hole felt like a drive, approach & 2 putt. I didn't hole many long putts, but I had more stress free pars than I can ever remember. It's a shame you can't bottle that feeling, because I promptly when out and fired a 90 my next time out.

More impressive to me personally was a round last December in which I only managed to hit 7 GIR's but still tied my lowest ever round by shooting a 76. I was putting decently, but my wedge game 120 yards and in was lights out that day.

I hit all 14 and all the par 3 greens and shot 66, my best.

On average I am usually good for 12 out 18 most of the time.

That's pretty strong.

Just as a point of reference, Tiger managed to average 12.2 GIR last year. Graeme MacDowell averaged 11.3.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!