IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

36 on front nine at Cobb's Glen for our opening night of league play.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1461559

Bogied the last two holes. 50 yards out on par 5 8th third shot, LW blade over the green. I usually give myself a 10 second rule to be pissed...still seething about that one.

Other then that, fairways and greens and no three putts.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a practice round today (multiple balls, practice shots, etc.) so I didn't save the full round.

This was a good hole:

Capture.JPG

I drove the green, and missed the eagle putt by inches.  The hole isn't drivable (for me) in the summer when there are leaves on the trees, so it was fun to go for it (and succeed).

- John

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

Played a practice round today (multiple balls, practice shots, etc.) so I didn't save the full round.

This was a good hole:

Capture.JPG

I drove the green, and missed the eagle putt by inches.  The hole isn't drivable (for me) in the summer when there are leaves on the trees, so it was fun to go for it (and succeed).

Nice.

Btw, you really get some serious distance from your mid irons.

• Upvote 1

Jon

• Administrator

35 at Whispering Woods: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1474631 . Two birdies, one bogey. The birdies were good. The bogey was a pull off a side-hill lie. Horribly mis-hit the driver on 3 but still birdied… :-P par fives.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Im bummed that I lost a few of my tags recently when I forgot to apply some glue on my Pure grips. Im going to have to order a new set as most are pretty worn down anyways.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

33 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Im bummed that I lost a few of my tags recently

@CarlSpackler may have tags available.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Im bummed that I lost a few of my tags recently when I forgot to apply some glue on my Pure grips. Im going to have to order a new set as most are pretty worn down anyways.

Gamegolf has been good to me in replacing a few tags for free. Had a tag where the screw in part was still in the grip, while the electronic part fell off. They sent me about 4 tags in replacement, free of charge.

I also know for whatever reason my 9iron grip doesnt hold them, despite being the same grip as my other clubs so I never have a tag in that. I didnt request a tag for those losses.

Edited by cutchemist42

• Administrator
5 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

I also know for whatever reason my 9iron grip doesnt hold them, despite being the same grip as my other clubs so I never have a tag in that. I didnt request a tag for those losses.

Gorilla Silicone glue.

• Upvote 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1476807

Pretty happy with today's round. Very windy with a lot of water to carry, but did fine. Picked the right club on almost all approach shots and hit a lot of GIR's, including two with my 5w into that stiff wind.

I've lost some distance so far this year, especially with my new driver. But it's early and the fairways were very soggy today.  

Putting felt a bit better, even though the stats don't back that up.

Dropped 4 strokes on 2 penalties, but I felt in control for most of the round. This was also my first official entry towards my HC as I had a playing partner for a change.

Jon

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1485636

First round of the year in very wet conditions. I'll take it. Greens were in terrible shape but my putting still sucks so have to shoulder some of the blame. Need to ramp up putting practice.

Struck the ball pretty well with some exceptions. Too much curve in the ballflight but nothing started right of my intended line, so my practice is paying off. I'm going to have a solid pattern this year. This is pretty significant because if I can eliminate the push fade miss, I can start aiming a little bit more right and that puts my ball from the left rough to left center of the fairway and can turn some nGIR to GIR.

Been practicing a cut shot to get out of trouble and got to use it today. Pretty cool to be able to visualize something and then execute it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1485627

Wow, talk about a dose of reality....

Friday:

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 7.53.34 PM.png

Today:

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 7.53.09 PM.png

Lost my iron swing for most of today. I'm not too worried other than the fact that this can happen so easily. I only wish I knew why.

It was a course I'd never played, but that had little to do with anything. Unlike Friday's round, these fairways were giving me some roll from my driver. I simply couldn't hit a green no matter how close I was on my approach. It was was as much of an anomaly as Friday's round - just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I can easily fail to break 100, but not usually from missing this many greens. 

P.S. Some GameGolf hiccups....They have a par 4 marked as a par 3 at the course I played Friday so I was only 19 over par. I reported it to GameGolf. Also, I think today's scrambling should be 11% not 13%.

Jon

• Administrator

I spent the first twelve holes pulling the ball farther left than I'd ever pulled the ball before (except the massive slice I hit on #3), because there's OB left. I've been trying so hard to work with my hands and forearms that my lower body was doing next to nothing. Hit some decent shots after I let my lower body move a little. :-P

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1497434

75 at Lawrence Park.

On 4/9/2017 at 8:33 PM, JonMA1 said:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1485627

Wow, talk about a dose of reality....

Friday:

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 7.53.34 PM.png

Today:

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 7.53.09 PM.png

Lost my iron swing for most of today. I'm not too worried other than the fact that this can happen so easily. I only wish I knew why.

It was a course I'd never played, but that had little to do with anything. Unlike Friday's round, these fairways were giving me some roll from my driver. I simply couldn't hit a green no matter how close I was on my approach. It was was as much of an anomaly as Friday's round - just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I can easily fail to break 100, but not usually from missing this many greens. 

P.S. Some GameGolf hiccups....They have a par 4 marked as a par 3 at the course I played Friday so I was only 19 over par. I reported it to GameGolf. Also, I think today's scrambling should be 11% not 13%.

I've played this course many years ago.   The views on some of the holes are fantastic.   The real up north experience.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

I've played this course many years ago.   The views on some of the holes are fantastic.   The real up north experience.

Not sure what they had when you were up here, but they now have two courses, the Mountain Ridge Course and the Betsie Valley Course. I'll bet you played the mountain course which I've heard it's very beautiful. I played the Valley course Sunday and thought it was in good shape considering how early in the year it is. Very affordable this time of the year.

The resort itself has been updated and has a reputation of being very nice.  If you're ever up this way again and need a playing partner, please let me know and I'll make time to get out there.

It's funny, but we're so used to having choices up here on places to stay for vacation. Now that our sons have moved downstate, we figured we'd just rent a cabin for the weekend close to where they live. Nothing doing. I guess that's one more reason so many come up here to get away.

Jon

Shot an 85 yesterday at Rose Park GC (two disaster holes, and pretty solid beyond that).  Not a tough course.  I'm pretty happy with the outcome of the below hole, #12.  It's a straightforward long Par 4, with trouble on the left.  We had a strong wind in our face, and I had a couple pulls off the tee on earlier holes, so I was not feeling too confident about letting it rip and trying to get on in 2.  I hit a pretty low tee shot, and low 4i.  It left me with a 20yd up and down for Par.

IMG_0063.PNG

Edited by Denny Bang Bang

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/1500541

It was a feast-or-famine round with the driver.  I had two bad penalties (including a complete duff into the water on #1 that led to a quintuple bogey), and a weak 150-yard heel.  But, the rest of my drives were pretty solid, and long (for me).

My GG average is 225.  I had one drive of 264, and four straight drives of 240+:

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

Not sure if it was fluke, or a bit of additional speed coming from my current elbow downswing piece, but if I can regularly hit the driver that far I'd be really happy.

- John

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1514936

Course was in decent shape, but greens are still bumpy and sandy from being aerated not too long ago. Overall I hit the ball ok: not as consistent as two weeks ago, but I hit some great shots today, too. I'm swinging a little faster I think. Had a couple of well struck irons go farther than I was expecting.

Distance wedges suck, short game is meh, putting was better this week. Hard to tell how much of my close misses were a line issue or just imperfections on the greens. Need to decide if I'm going to get some new wedges this year or a putter and go from there.

Got the first birdie of the year out of the way on 4 at least.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Was hacking it around bad this day till this happened.

gamegolf.jpg

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!