IGNORED

Will Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

MS256
Note: This thread is 3401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will spreading of Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

• No.
    • Yes.

Can you please explain exactly what behavior you are talking about ? Because I disagreed with you ? You need to get a life and let disagreements in OLD threads go.

Just because you say it doesn't make it so

Here's the thing: you don't get to start new every day, your past behaviour is still your behaviour. Own it or atone it. You can't have it both ways.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's the thing: you don't get to start new every day, your past behaviour is still your behaviour. Own it or atone it. You can't have it both ways.

Et too Earnest ?  Would you care to explain ?

I think I rubbed some the wrong way in past posts. Think I DID atone for that. If you still can't let it go ? Not my problem

Anyone else ? Please lets go ahead and get this took care of now. Cause if some of you keep holdin on to this your heads are going to explode.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

• Administrator

I think I rubbed some the wrong way in past posts. Think I DID atone for that. If you still can't let it go ? Not my problem

Anyone else ? Please lets go ahead and get this took care of now. Cause if some of you keep holdin on to this your heads are going to explode.

Discussing your past would be off topic.

And take this from someone who doesn't know you from Adam (as the saying goes)… your post here reminds me of my kid. She'll mildly act up for a few hours or whatever, and then say something like "but I am nice now" referring to the last 30 or 60 seconds or whatever.

Your past is your past, and if it's not even that long ago, it still holds weight. It's still "who you are," as it always will be.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My guess is nobody is obsessing about you but it seems like your goal is to come here and prove you are an extremist. If someone disagrees with you the standard response is to call them a liberal, even if they aren't. The only thing it accomplishes it to further distance you from the members. I mean it's kind of funny when someone like Rush does it because well it's a persona he gets paid to put forth but you are starting to sound like a lunatic. Even Palin and Joe the Plumber would run away.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

:offtopic:

Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/77593/will-ebola-become-a-big-problem-in-the-united-states/210_30#post_1066483"] Sorry that was from surgeongeneral.gov.[/QUOTE] Yeah too bad we don't have an official Surgeon General.  Obama has only nominated one person, Dr. Vivek Murthy, who held the strong belief that guns were a health care issue.  Republicans and some democrats were critical of the nomination so they didn't even bother voting on it.  Obama's feelings were hurt so he has yet to nominate another candidate as Surgeon General, instead he hired a lawyer to be the Ebola Czar.   Rear Admiral Boris Lushniak is the acting Surgeon General but he's seemed reluctant to step up and do the job in the heat of the Ebola crisis so maybe once golf season is over we'll get a real Surgeon General.

With a militarized medical structure in place already, I would think a trigger point like a certain number of cases could bring martial conditions to the USA until the bug burns out. The system exists and is staffed after all, and is obviously linked to the military which would definitely be used in quarantining a city for example. Its sobering thought that the mechanism even exists,and though I am glad it does, I dont think it will get that far.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

My guess is nobody is obsessing about you but it seems like your goal is to come here and prove you are an extremist. If someone disagrees with you the standard response is to call them a liberal, even if they aren't. The only thing it accomplishes it to further distance you from the members. I mean it's kind of funny when someone like Rush does it because well it's a persona he gets paid to put forth but you are starting to sound like a lunatic. Even Palin and Joe the Plumber would run away.

The following is in no certain order

1. I believe in the right to keep and bear arms

2. I am against legalizing ANY mind altering drug for recreational use

3. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman

4. I care more about humans than animals

5. I am pro life

6. I don't think the government can do a good job running anything

7. I believe EVERYONE has a right to their opinion, even when it is different from mine

Yes on THIS site that makes me an EXTREMIST

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

The following is in no certain order 1. I believe in the right to keep and bear arms 2. I am against legalizing ANY mind altering drug for recreational use 3. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman 4. I care more about humans than animals 5. I am pro life 6. I don't think the government can do a good job running anything 7. I believe EVERYONE has a right to their opinion, even when it is different from mine Yes on THIS site that makes me an EXTREMIST

No, it makes you wildly off topic. The extremism is that you seem to need to cram this into every thread you participate in. Anything else that isn't Ebola-related will simply be deleted.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

No, it makes you wildly off topic. The extremism is that you seem to need to cram this into every thread you participate in.

Anything else that isn't Ebola-related will simply be deleted.

This is simply not true. I gave my stance on concealed carry in a thread where that was the topic. I gave my stance on legalizing drugs in a thread where that was the topic or had been discussed. I made a joke in this thread and the joke contained the word EBOLA.

You and others seem to have a problem with my opinion and me in general. But I won't stand by and let posters tell untruths about me and attack me because they disagree with me. I have asked several times what it was I did, and no one has answered.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

This disease is easy overblown. Which does not surprise me. We live in a sensational society. Drama gets headlines. That being said, I do believe this is a huge issue in places like India, China, Turkey and other places that have large population base and lack the facilities to tackle this problem.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

I think this episode is making our country look terrible. For all the bluster about us being unprepared and that the CDC has fumbled it's way through this mess, we have had 2 people contract the disease here, and neither have died. If the president is responsible for the response, he should be commended. The CDC director warned that it would come here and pledged to stop it in its tracks. He seems to have mostly succeeded so far. But due to a public perception that is far from reality and mostly informed by political prejudices, what should be a success is instead a political disaster.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

This is simply not true. I gave my stance on concealed carry in a thread where that was the topic. I gave my stance on legalizing drugs in a thread where that was the topic or had been discussed. I made a joke in this thread and the joke contained the word EBOLA.  You and others seem to have a problem with my opinion and me in general. But I won't stand by and let posters tell untruths about me and attack me because they disagree with me. I have asked several times what it was I did, and no one has answered.

Yo, Joe. There is NOBODY on this forum more vehemently conservative than me. You and I are likely to agree on most every issue. Having said that, keep on topic, keep your tone appropriate and respectful, and your opinion will be considered and respected, even by those who disagree with [S]you[/S] us. Now....let's get back on topic! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

David, neither side is working well with the other party at this moment or for the last 8 - 10 years for that matter.  I do not think a "czar" is required at all.  It is a purely unnecessary political move called on by both parties who again are not working with each other.  This is a disease that is being overblown by the media and the left and the right.  As compared to other virulent diseases or ones spread by insects, ebola has claimed a lot less lives.  But, it is relatively new with little understanding.  So fear has taken hold.

The difference with Ebola compared to the other virulent diseases you mentioned is that currently 70% of people that get Ebola die.  I don't know about you, but I don't like those odds.

It reminds my mom of polio when she was a kid.  But polio is spread much more easily.  On her street alone, 5 kids died one winter.  Ebola is pretty fatal, but it appears transmission is more like HIV in that fluid contact is required.  If this was airborne like TB, small pox or Polio, it would have spread much faster.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I for one welcome or new Ebola overlords. This disease will create millions of dollars of revenue for the poor people of the pharmaceutical companies who are struggling so tragically. Keep America living in fear...
  • Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!