IGNORED

The 2015 Newport Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im honored to be selected. I'll be looking forward to competing againts the west team. As an OSU Buckeye fan this is the only time ill ever have a reason to say these two words together. Go Blue Team.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With my third selection in the draft , the Red team selects longtime TST staffer, from the pacific northwest

Red Team

1. @Golfingdad

2. @tristanhilton85

3. @mchepp

Michael has been playing golf for close to 20 years and he's currently a 5 handicap. He recently moved from San Jose to the Portland area and he works in high tech marketing. He's contributed some great content for the site with his reviews, blogs and TST staff predictions articles. His consistency is going to be a huge asset to the team. Look forward to talking about Mac O'Grady with him (when Erik isn't around).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

With the final (for now) selection in the Blue Team draft , I'm going to go to the opposite end of the scale in terms of age.

Blue Team

1. @jamo .

2. @saevel25

3. @SavvySwede

4. @DaveP043

@DaveP043 is 59 but doesn't look a day over P043. He lives near Washington, DC which probably means he's an Ovechkin fan, but I'm choosing him anyway. If anything, and if he is a Capitals fan, he's used to a team in red losing. He is… an engineer.

Dave will act as the chaperone (and if @jamo is nice maybe he'll buy some beer for him) of the group and will keep the rowdy ones in line. He'll contribute some solid, steady golf and some worldly experience as he's traveled a bit more than most. He's captained his Interclub team and I'll lean on him to help me make pairings and whatnot. His accurate tee shots will play well in a desert golf environment, and he will perform well under pressure (the pressure being that he said he performs well under pressure… :D).

I'll announce the candidates for the final two spots after @mvmac makes his fourth losing pick here shortly. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

With my fourth selection in the draft , the Red team selects our easterly most located player, longtime member, West Coast in spirit....

Red Team

1. @Golfingdad

2. @tristanhilton85

3. @mchepp

4. @kpaulhus

Kyle lives in Northwest Arkansas and has been playing golf since he was 18. His handicap is dropping as we speak as he plays more golf and works on his swing. Kyle being an 8 handicap is great and all but I really picked him because I think this look will intimidate the East Coast team.

Mike McLoughlin

Red Team, Red Team, Red Team, GO-OO Red Team :banana:

Great picks, Mike.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator

Two spots remain. If your name does not appear below but you would like to be considered for one of the final two spots, please PM me ASAP. We'll be making the selections for the final two spots by Monday, July 20th.

Candidates for Final Two Spots (in no particular order) on the WINNING TEAM:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll never be sure whether it was my wit and charm, the wisdom that comes with my advanced years, or the sterling 86 that I shot at #2 on Sunday, but I'm incredibly proud to be included. I've just spent the weekend with another OSU fan, so i'll even know how to tolerate @saevel25 . Go blue!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

It's an honor to be selected. With all these engineers behind me you can just call me NASA. :roll: Go Blue Team!!

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

For the West Coast team, two spots remain. If you see your name and aren't able to play, please PM me. If your name does not appear below but you would like to be considered for one of the final two spots, please PM me. Erik and I be making the selections for the final two spots by Monday, July 20th.

Candidates for Final Two Spots on the Victory Red West Coast Team:

Mike McLoughlin

I'm east of the Mississippi (barely)... So.... GO BLUE TEAM!!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

This was hilarious to read. Congrats to everyone who made (and will make) the teams!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

though prematurely to keep an artificially high handicap for the festivities in Arizona.

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Congrats to all the selections, they were well deserved. Hopefully I'll be able to call the red squad teammates in a few weeks but regardless, the west coast is looking formidable!

With my fourth selection in the draft, the Red team selects our easterly most located player, longtime member, West Coast in spirit....

Red Team

1. @Golfingdad

2. @tristanhilton85

3. @mchepp

4. @kpaulhus

Kyle lives in Northwest Arkansas and has been playing golf since he was 18. His handicap is dropping as we speak as he plays more golf and works on his swing. Kyle being an 8 handicap is great and all but I really picked him because I think this look will intimidate the East Coast team.

It intimidates me, and I'm on the same team!! :beer:

Very excited to be a part of this and can't wait to meet the rest of my team.  (And those East Coasters as well)  Gonna be a blast!!

I'm honored to be selected for this... I got a lot of hard work ahead to make sure that my swing is where it needs to be, but I'm sure I can get it done.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Two spots remain. If your name does not appear below but you would like to be considered for one of the final two spots, please PM me ASAP. We'll be making the selections for the final two spots by Monday, July 20th.

Candidates for Final Two Spots (in no particular order) on the WINNING TEAM:

@JetFan1983

@jsgolfer

@jbishop15

@fr0sty

@GolfLug

@cedrictheo

@georgep

Damn. I am going to have trouble sleeping tonight. :blink::-D

Vishal S.

Awesome. Super awesome! Thank you guys for selecting me to be part of this. I can't wait to play in Phoenix and meet some other long time TST members! I'll try not to intimidate too many guys haha. When my swing is off my hook can be a killer tho! is it too late at night to go to the range?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

With the final (for now) selection in the Blue Team draft, I'm going to go to the opposite end of the scale in terms of age.

Blue Team

1. @jamo.

2. @saevel25

3. @SavvySwede

4. @DaveP043

@DaveP043 is 59 but doesn't look a day over P043. He lives near Washington, DC which probably means he's an Ovechkin fan, but I'm choosing him anyway. If anything, and if he is a Capitals fan, he's used to a team in red losing. He is… an engineer.

Dave will act as the chaperone (and if @jamo is nice maybe he'll buy some beer for him) of the group and will keep the rowdy ones in line. He'll contribute some solid, steady golf and some worldly experience as he's traveled a bit more than most. He's captained his Interclub team and I'll lean on him to help me make pairings and whatnot. His accurate tee shots will play well in a desert golf environment, and he will perform well under pressure (the pressure being that he said he performs well under pressure… :D).

I'll announce the candidates for the final two spots after @mvmac makes his fourth losing pick here shortly.

Congrats on making it guys! That is a sturdy stable already.

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!