inthehole

What Did You Make First… An Eagle or Bunker Hole Out ?

99 posts / 4548 viewsLast Reply

I've been playing 4 years, I have yet to hole out from a bunker (I'm actually pretty decent out of the sand).    I have 2 lucky eagles so far (135 & 40 yds ... I've missed a few long eagle putts - can't seem to drain one of those).

Just curious to hear from those that have been lucky enough to do either ... what did you do first ??

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Eagle. I have 4 of them and I've never holed out from a bunker (I've honestly never been closer than 2 ft from the trap). I've chipped in a number of times but all from the green stuff.

Mine was an eagle. It was in Mrytle Beach and I hit a driver, 5-wood to a long two tiered green. I was still very young and a wonky swing but 2 shots connected. I had probably 50 feet for eagle and it just was a lucky putt that went in from far downtown. I have had many Eagles since, but would have to say 1-2 bunker hole outs. I know I've had one, I can't remember if that was the only one. On my home course, where I've been a member for 5 years, I've not holed out from a bunker. I've had a single eagle from the standard men's tees, yet 3 from the back tees or the white tees where sometimes they set the tournaments if my handicap drifts above 12.4.

I've got quite a few eagles but no bunker hole outs.  I've come close a few times but I'm just too inconsistent on the speed the ball comes out of the sand.

Holed a bunker shot like 2 months ago during a tournament, was in a bunker in front of the green and pin was in a spot where if you got the ball going down the hill then it funneled to the hole and I hit a decent shot that hit the hill and rolled all the way down into the hole. Yesterday on a short (490 yard) par 5 where you can carry your driver 260 and have a shot at the green or lay up and I hit a great drive and had a nice 200 ish  yard shot to the green and I hit hybrid up to about 12 feet from the pin and the putt lipped out. Still eagle less but my home course has 2 reachable par 5's so I'm hoping it comes soon.

Only one Eagle ... not sure I have holed out from a bunker ... even though I have certainly given myself the oppurtunity a LOT more times than I have every an eagle attempt ...

I holed out from a bunker from 50 yards out on a par 5 to save bogey haha. Thank god too because I was on tilt after the previous 4 shots.

I've been playing golf for a long time and made a bunch of both over the years.....................but not sure which came first!!

With that said.......I don't believe they came at the same time..........(holed bunker shot for eagle) I don't remember my first of either!!    I do remember some early ones, but don't know which came first.

I've twice holed out from a bunker -- once for double bogey (1/1/08, if memory serves), once for birdie. I've never had an eagle.

....Neither

Been I've had many amazing shots and been close to a hole in one, many close eagles, great bunker shots but they've never gone in. I drove the green once over trees on a dog leg par 4 and from the look of where the ball stopped I had a good shot at an albatross but then I 2 putted for a birdie...

Bunker hole out, and it wasn't pretty. Par save that was rolling fast, hit the pin, and fell in. If not for the pin that ball would have ended up way way off the green on the other side. That didn't diminish my excitement though :-)