IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This morning practice included a chipping game I made up for my backyard.  Wedges, golf mat, two tennis balls, nine golf balls, and a hula hoop.  It was fun to keep score and increases my focus.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Small (30 balls) bucket at the range again today. Slow swings, making sure not to stop at A2 or A4 (not stopping at A4 is tough for me), and then swinging through. Mixed results when I step up to the ball -- some amazingly solid shots, and also some snap fades and some hooks. I think I'll get some video this weekend and check in with my teacher to see if I'm doing this right

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I received a new video from evolvr last night so I spent about 20 mins working on my new mappping drill while watching the players.  Im going to hit a few balls outside after dinner and Ill probably work on the mapping some more.  I will also take some time practicing my putting a little later on tonight trying to get rid of the pulls and pushes.

Managed to squeeze in a little bunker practice, some putting, and some full swings. Mostly working on quieting the hands down a bit because I've been turning it over far too much lately.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Another nasty looking day and decided not to go play or go to the range but chipped in my backyard for a bit and practiced my putting stroke inside.

Worked on full swings in the backyard with wiffle balls.  Focusing on Key 1.

Took some video of it http://thesandtrap.com/t/74937/my-swing-krupa#post_1139172

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

15 mins on backswing, flat left wrist and getting the club less steep on the downswing.

Matt

Range: one hour full swing working on dropping the hands as my hips fire while being conscience of P6. 10 mins putting - distance control 5-10',and 15 chipping.

May 7, (7 in a row)

5 minutes simply swinging the club (with driver)-

-focus was with the grip.... also staying mindful of my AoA...

Another 5 working on putting inside....

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Practiced my new priority piece transition from the backswing to the downswing, with a club outside doing slow motion chip like shots.

• Administrator

Played 18 today.

Rehearsed for 8 minutes at home using my deck door as a mirror.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I attempted to play golf today, not sure if my attempt met any definition of the game.

Spent about 10 minutes on mirror work in my apartment.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Spent some time today working on my grip. Lessons planned for tomorrow, so I'm expecting to have a lot to work on soon.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I played a charity scramble today and spent 30 minutes at the range prior. Still working on making a centered hip turn. As a side note, it was the most impressive scramble performance (relative to skill) that I've ever been a part of. Our group was me, an 11.5 index, a 20, and a guy who doesn't maintain a handicap but would easily be a 40 if he did. We managed a 10 under from the white tees and 2 mulligans per person. Of course we didn't crack the top 3, but if the event were handicapped we probably would have won.

May 7 -

Lob Wedge Day - Trying to master the 58ª, spent half hour at the practice green.

Problems with distance control - it's just not yet the wonder club that Dave of Pelz Corner says it is. I need to pull through more with left hand... for some reason I have too much right in swinging this club.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I practiced Aimpoint putting on home course green for at least 300 seconds.   Practiced pitching, chipping, anti-flipping drills, and iron shot indoors for 3000 seconds.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!