IGNORED

How Many Pair of TRUE Linkswear Shoes do You Own?

Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How Many Pair of TRUE Linkswear Shoes do You Own?

• 0 (Why not? Best golf shoes on the market! :D)
    • 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 10-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Zero ... I use my new balance minimus ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 - Tour, sensei, and loafer

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

When I saw the heading  I expected the poll to have options for 1, 2, 3, and 4+.

You guys have more True's than I have shoes!

I voted 1.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• Administrator

11 and when those are done I am moving on. Then only 2015 shoe I would consider is the Oxford. Unless I am wrong it's the only one in the new line with lugs that don't extend beyond the outer sole. What I liked about TRUE was the street shoe look and feel. My Gent's are my dress shoes. I don't see anything in the 2015's that could do double duty.

The Motion is good. It's a comfortable shoe. The Classix also come with replacement spikes so you can just put fairly flat little nubs on. Flat little discs.

Plus, what do you mean "extend beyond the outer sole"? Can you elaborate? I don't see that on many of their shoes.

Can I ask why you have so many pairs? What is the point of having all those shoes? I can see having two pairs, but that's about it.

Are you asking me? They're a sponsor. I like to wear shoes that match, and so sometimes that's grey, and sometimes it's more of a sneaker, while other times more casual or dressy. Sometimes waterproof, sometimes that's not necessary.

Not sure if @tmac20 is talking to me but the cool thing about the older TRUE's was they could be anything not just golf shoes. I do the same thing with pants and shirts, buy stuff that can be used every day that isn't obviously golf clothes. If I have to go to a meeting with a banker or attend a funeral I will be wearing TRUE Gent's and Slazenger pants that look like dress slacks and a non-logo performance polo. Just about everything in my closet can be worn on and off the course. There is a convenience factor and I don't buy clothes with limited uses. I wear golf clothes most every day, the exception would be if I am painting or doing yard work and of course the shoes are comfortable.

I wear nothing else (except a pair of waterproof Teva shoes that I wear when I play disc golf sometimes).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"They're a sponsor".  Which may = free to me.   And there does seem to be some subtle promotion going round here which gotta be expected.

I have three pair.-I like the classic looking wingtip ones. But I am an old fart so to be expected.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Two pairs with a third on the way.

1 Tour

1 Proto

1 Vegas (Waiting on the Vegas because I had to do a size exchange. They run about a half size smaller than the others for some reason)

I'm looking into perhaps getting a lyte breathe for when the heat index starts to climb but I'm holding at three pair for now.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I'm not trying to 'sell' Linkswear shoes to anybody.  Now, that I own 3 pair and wear nothing but, here's why:

1.  These are the most comfortable shoes I own.  Not just golf shoes; any shoe period.

2.  They grip the ground better than my Adi-zero shoes with what, 8 or 9 cleats per shoe?

3.  They look good, feel good and perform well.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

I have 1. A older pair of true tours. If anyone can find me a pair of pre 2014 in size 13 new or used i will buy more. The 2014 models did not fit at all for me. And havent seen the 2015 yet....

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to buy a pair but there are no stockists anywhere near where I live. What are the best places online to buy them? Really scared on sizing, I am 9.5 in the adidas puremotion I currently wear but have no idea which size to go for in the trues...

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

I really want to buy a pair but there are no stockists anywhere near where I live. What are the best places online to buy them? Really scared on sizing, I am 9.5 in the adidas puremotion I currently wear but have no idea which size to go for in the trues...

TRUE offers a one time free exchange, so you can order a 9.5 and see how they feel.  Your size should be within plus/minus a half size of the TRUE's.

• Upvote 1

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Zero.  But to be honest, I don't own a pair of golf shoes period.  None.  Havent for quite a few years now.  I use walking shoes, or low cut hiking shoes (Merrell) for golf.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I have two pairs:  my first was a pair of True Tours I bought last April, and a pair of Gent Chukkahs that I bought as kick-around shoes and have actually never worn to play golf.

My Tours lasted about 40-50 rounds (all played over the course of 10 weeks, and mostly walking).  They're still wearable, but the soles are worn down and the lining is in pretty bad shape.  I don't wear them anymore since I got my Adidas Adipower Boost (obviously not in the same category, but I like the Boosts).

I'd like to get a pair of the True Classix, but not at $200.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Six. Newest addition is the Game Changer Hybrid, Gent Wingtips are my favorite.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

No.

Why not? Too expensive.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

No.

Why not? Too expensive.

Really? I think I paid $80 for my True Tours, last years model I believe, at Golf Town. Much cheaper than anything else they had in stock.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I own at least 4, but none are in the rotation. Found the Ecco Biom Lace -- and gosh, they are a good fit for me. My feet do not slosh around. My toes were getting beaten up in Trues.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!