IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Curious as to what the badge for last month's challenge will look like and when it will appear.

Like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6/5/15: Hit some pitches trying to feel as if I was dealing cards with my right hand...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Back in the nets, 20 mins full swing practice; 6 iron and 3 wood, centered pivot. Plus about 5 mins of pitching/ bunker practice.

Chris.:roll:

Worked on my mapping outside for 15 mins and hit 5 full swings with my GW.  Im liking how my new feel of my modified mapping drill.  Im hitting pushes when I make good contact which is a great change from my normal pulls.

Worked on my putting and pitching tonight. I've been struggling on my inside 15 putts. I found I was aiming my clubface right, but I was aligning my body to the left (open) to much. I created a putting station where I was putting left to right putts, because I struggle on those as well. I laid down some alignment rods to help with my feet alignment. Just worked on hitting my starting lines with good setup.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well it was raining here Phx today, but did manage to get some time in with extending my arms after impact and not doing the chicken wing thing ... I produce more chicken wings than KFC some rounds.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Hour workout.  Orange whip warm up.  Some weighted club swings (I know, but not using it for speed but it is double weighted so more like a weight work out).  Hit into my net.  9i, 8i, 7i, 5h, Driver.  Then some chips and pitches.  Then hole simulation.  Driver followed by either 5h, 7i or 8i.  More swings with no ball after followed by jump rope.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Did some drills in the living room with a 9 iron. I really need to get a new net because I've already made a few holes in the current one.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I realize it isn't strictly a fundamental, but today I'm checking my grip. I'm not really sure how to practice my grip beyond taking it a lot more carefully (and time-consumingly, as is necessary) than I do at the golf course and going back to A3 or A4 with it. A little over a year ago, Mike made some grip changes for me and I want to make sure I'm still doing them right. [i]Edit[/i] Oops, this broke the rules as is, since I posted it before, not after. Either way, I've done five minutes now, so this is the declaration that I've done so. I will do more, but I wanted to ensure I correctly marked for the contest too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Practice swings in the yard when I got home from work. 7 iron and driver.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Today I worked on hitting out of the "rough" in my backyard into my net. Lately when I get in the rough I try to do something special (I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to do and my swing is "special" enough normally). So I just worked on my mindset of making my usual mistake. Trying to cure a lot of tops and thin hits out of the rough. Cool thing happened though when I was going to the net in the backyard I came around the corner of the house and an adolescent black bear was in the yard. He took off like a shot but it was cool getting to see one so close. Had one that hung around the woods last summer but never got to see it too close up.

Played 16 hitting two balls, but not chipping or putting. Focused on 1) feeling like I am standing upright on the backswing (before I was dipping my head towards the ball)and 2) the right wrist and feeling like I am dealing cards.

Played 9 holes and tested out a couple 3 woods. Practiced on the range for about 10 minutes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

6/5: Chipping into the bucket in the garage (it's more of a try really) for 5 minutes going between a piece of lumber and my fairway/rough turf mat.

I probably should have joined the fun as I do at least a few minutes of mirror work every day. Oh well, next month.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!