IGNORED

2015 Newport Cup Matches Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Opening tee shots.

I appreciate you cutting away before you could totally tell my ball was a snap hook. :-) Frankly, from that angle it's a wonder it actually got around that tree! (Drained the par putt from off the green though. :-D)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Videos of bag and outfit reactions added to OP.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You're gonna get people beating at the door for the next one!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I appreciate you cutting away before you could totally tell my ball was a snap hook.

Frankly, from that angle it's a wonder it actually got around that tree! (Drained the par putt from off the green though. )

I think @mvmac could be coaxed into posting the unedited video of your shot ... it was classic.

• 1 month later...

Damn what a trip this was. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

8 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Damn what a trip this was. 

I've been thinking this lately myself. I enjoyed myself in the moment, but I didn't realize how much fun I had in totality until I got back home. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

7 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

I've been thinking this lately myself. I enjoyed myself in the moment, but I didn't realize how much fun I had in totality until I got back home. 

Agreed :beer:

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Not long ago I read through a lot of the real-time posting done during the matches, and the summaries many of us posted, and got goose-bumps just remembering it all.

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

34 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Not long ago I read through a lot of the real-time posting done during the matches, and the summaries many of us posted, and got goose-bumps just remembering it all.

+1... haven't had too many chance to post or read lately in the last month or so but last night hit upon a short bout of insomnia.. got up and read through the entire thread.

Looking back, the greater part of me was truly grateful for the experience but a small part of me was a bit miffed at the fact that elevated experiences like these are so few and far in between for common folk like us. Months of anticipation and mental rehearsals and when finally it arrives it hits you like a ton of bricks and before you catch of breath it's gone like a flash. Then begins another long and arduous wait for another flash..  

• Upvote 2

Vishal S.

My boss is out of town this week and next, so my work schedule dictates how much I post lol. It was truly a gift to be part of this and I know there will be quite the line waiting to play in the next Newport Cup.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!