IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

51-52-103 at Homestead GC (Tipp City, OH).

Started really well, fell apart and didn't get back on track. Hit the sweetest 5-iron to birdie the par-3 2nd hole. Came an inch away of a birdie on the 3rd hole. Then jacked two massive slices into farmland on no. 4.

Only my second time playing this course and forgot all about the hidden water hazard in front of a green on a par-5. Really smoked that 3-wood. Putting was, of course, awful.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thursday league - still crappy 9 holes at 45.

The very next day, Friday - played 18 at a usual, fairly easy, course from last year.  Best round of the year so far.  Gave myself a lot of birdie opportunities which is all I can ask for.

Great Front nine, and the whole day I was hitting drives straight as can be even the misses below were minor (except for 10 and 17 which were ridiculous).  Even the next day I just hit a couple balls for fun and they were lasers.  Eagle putt on 2 was just edge of the hole...

Every bogie was usually a mis hit of some kind that can be worked on....solid, solid game.

Lost it a little bit on the first half of the second nine, but I found my swing again before the end of the round.

I suspect the next few rounds I'll be punished for having a good round....

GIR is key for me, I think more than anything, when the approach shot is good, the whole game is good.

Bill - 

51-52-103 at Homestead GC (Tipp City, OH).

Started really well, fell apart and didn't get back on track. Hit the sweetest 5-iron to birdie the par-3 2nd hole. Came an inch away of a birdie on the 3rd hole. Then jacked two massive slices into farmland on no. 4.

Only my second time playing this course and forgot all about the hidden water hazard in front of a green on a par-5. Really smoked that 3-wood. Putting was, of course, awful.

I love Homestead. It's always in great shape. We'll have to meet up there sometime.

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Brookside Course 1 Blues 72.7/130: Finished only 16 holes in near darkness and wetness from the sprinklers on a few of the holes.

Putts are going down nicely, with a couple 15 footers, saving a couple pars for me. As I was sore, I couldn't really hit anything over an 8i. My hybrids were short, but at least straight.

5/4, 5/4, 4/4, 4/4, 6/4, 5/5, 5/4, 7/3, 4/4- 45

7/4, 5/5, 5/4, 4/3, 4/4, 5/5, 5/4, I, I- 35 with 2 holes to go which I average 8 on estimated completion of 43. So, 45/(43 potential??)

My son was one stroke less on the front 9, and he parred the first 3 holes on the back 9 and tracked me roughly otherwise. So, 44/(40 potential??). I told him, on the drive back to the shop, that he needs to give me 4-5 strokes per round whereupon he said "What?!?!?", and started to add up our scores. B-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6557 yards/Par 71/Rating 71.8 34 + 42 = 76 My best round of the year so far, despite leaking some oil on the back 9.

Had a very disappointing day off the tee, couldn't buy a proper tee shot. My scrambling and short game saved me, ended up shooting a 89. This course is typically a 82-87 for me score wise but when your second shot is out of heavy rough in the trees things don't always go too well.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

40/43, 6730(per the card, seemed a little shorter but par 5s are monsters)71.9, 129. I know the course well but I think I am officially done playing the fronts lol. Hit 8 GIRs which is super high for me thanks to a lot of full shots into the green instead of the half swings I usually have a lot of. Couldn't get a birdie putt to drop or would've been real good. Also probably going to have to pay for handicap site so I can keep my index updated because I think I will be single digits shortly.

James

Just a blah mediocre round.

42 (+6)

Put two balls into the water. The wind tonight was nasty. The 2nd ball went from the right fairway, 60 yards left to bounce into the water on the left side of the fairway. Note to self, never draw a ball into a diagonal wind from right to left.

Short game really killed me as well. Two duff pitches. So two water balls and two duff pitches. Four strokes right there.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

76 today on my home course, par 70 - CR69.8/113. The last two days I have actually hit the ball with the middle of the club face. I have started choking down on my driver and long irons and it seems to make a huge difference.

Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141 Slope:  40-38=78

Fairways 7/13

GIR 11

Putts 32

1 birdie

0-1 SS

I played really well tee to green but couldn't get up and down to save my life.  This was the story of the day......of the 7 greens I missed, I got the ball up and down ONCE~!    Hahaha...YIKES!  After carding a 40 on the front, I had visions of a blowup round.  I'm proud that I parred in from 15 because these holes give me a lot of trouble.  On this day.... I finished well...

Same Course and tees today:

40-42=82

Fairways 8/13

Greens 9

Putts 35

3 PENALTIES!

I birdie

I played well, but 3 bad swings cost me 6 strokes due to penalties.   I also holed NO PUTTS!  I putted well with good touch, but couldn't make anything.   Once again.....my up and down percentage was in the crapper, but 3 penalties made it even worse.  IE......if you don't make par after a penalty, it still counts as a failed up and down.   I had fun though.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

85 at Mansfield National 69.4/119. Hit 4 fairways, only 1 with a driver and only hit 7 greens. Bad driver and a couple missed opportunities on the green really bit me today.

Ugh 84 and not happy about it. Stupid on the front for 45 and 39 on the back. I played even 10-14, could/should have been -2, left a few putts short on the lip. Then chaos erupted. Pullled it from 124 on 15, 3 putted 16 and got up and down on 17. 18 was wtf my gps died and I couldn't get a number so I left it short and missed GIR. It hung on the edge of a bunker and I didn't hit a good shot so a double finish.

Dave :-)

Altadena Blues: Son shot 43.

I was trying out my MP-52 clubs after flattening further on the range. Up to 7i is reasonable, but reasonable shots are very rare.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played an executive course this afternoon to put my irons to the test and see if what I've been doing with my hip turn will work.  I was +18 with 5 pars (105 slope) but I think I played a little better than that since I started off horribly with a double, triple, double.  Looking forward to playing Wednesday and maybe again Friday to do some additional testing.

82 on a par 62 (57.4/95). One birdie, four pars, two blow up holes....three penalties, two bunkers....35 putts

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Just played my best round ever finished with 81 (+11) which is 9 shots under my handicap, driving, chipping and putting was great just need to do it in a comp now and get my handicap down :-)

Had an 86 today, which is decent, by my standards. I seem to be driving the ball better, and my wedges and short irons were OK. Long irons and fairway woods need work, though, as does my short game. Can't read a green to save my life at the moment.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.