IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My home course opened the front nine today and I was there like a dirty shirt 30 minutes after I read the blog, lol. A little snow along the edges and around a couple of greens but managed to navigate ok.  Was a cold wind but played the first pass with a 43 and then played it again with a 39.  Had a couple of mis-hits, a couple of birdies, two 3-putts and no lost balls. Very happy with that, after about a 40 day long snow break. My hcap went down a stroke after I posted my rounds too.  Now I just have to try and keep playing well and hopefully improve my consistency to get my cap down some more.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1st full round of the season. 50% fairways hit. 11/18 GIR. Did make 2 birdies. I did 3 putt 8 times and card an 86. My feel on the greens is pretty much non existent. My lags were bad. My short putts were bad. I’m not going to get too discouraged as the new driver has me getting off the tee with much more confidence and my ball striking was great for this time of year. I am sure the putter will improve with more time on the course. Normally at this time of year I just play auto 2 putt when the greens are not in great shape. Now I remember why!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

41 (5.5 diff)

FW: 6/7

GIR: 3/9       nGIR: 6/6

15 putts (one three-putt bogey)

playing solid these first couple of times out. A few great shots, a few flubs

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

66 nett 6 under at a local course light rain over the front nine didn't help gladly I had a spare dry glove ... and left many shots out on the course with some poor putting early on ....

First game back after injury so stoked I'm back playing the game we all Love

Go Foxy Go

72-78 last weekend at my home course. Giving golf a little more time in my life and i´m trying to improve thru some swing changes. Off the tee and mid/long approach shots are pretty awfull rigth now, lots of shots to improve.

Both days i played almost the same, driving it all over the place. With good approach shots, thanks to the swing change, and decent short game and putting.
The difference was because off 2 triple bogeys on the 2nd round. First from 90 yards on the 7th hole while i was 1 under par, miss short left to a bunker with a ridiculus amount of sand. bladed it to the other side. Had bad luck, it didn´t fall into the bunker, really akward stance and the ball was like in US open rough where it should be fairway when the course is properly maintained, 1 foot in any direction was ok. Moved the ball just 5 feet. Chip shot to 3 feet and mised the putt (punched greens).
The 2nd came on 17th standing at +2, 15 footer for par, missed and full around with the next 3 putts.

I´m working with my driver this week and i saw a bit of improvement. Will see if i could transalte it into the course this weekend. The winter si coming.. i need to hurry up!

I shot an 84 yesterday, which was good enough for third out 8 places is our "Old Guys-Old Friends" get together. I missed a few putts I thought I should have made. Had 32 putts. Those in front of me finished with a 79, and 81 respectively. All of us are 65 or older.

On another note while on the 18th green, after all was done, there was some debate on which way the green was sloping. We all had missed putts. It was a subtle break. I said it was two breaks, for which I was laughingly chastised for. 

So we employed the old water bottle trick to see the actual break. This is done with a half (+/-) empty bottle laid on it side, much like one would use a level. The water line would show the break. 

I was right. It was a double breaker....lol 

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

99 (71/135). First time breaking 100 in awhile now and to actually beat my course handicap by three strokes in my first round since I have been working on my new swing (lesson was two weeks ago) Im pretty happy! Only lost two ball. Course was in horrible shape, just horrible. Slowest greens I can remember putting on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally broke 100 today - carded a 98 for 18 holes on a par 72 course. Five pars and all of them up and downs. I guess there's still some room for improvement... :-D

• Like 2

I played 19 holes shot 89 on the 18 Not bad for me. I play number 8 back to the house I hit every fairway and was driving excellent for me. I did have trouble with a couple trees but biggest blow up was a double. First time to break 90 this year. 

• Like 1

Yaaay! New record for me today - 93. A bit of a bummer when I entered the score into GHIN and it said something like "WARNING - this score is lower than the golfer's usual score". Sheesh!  :-)  I had fewer blowup holes and quite a few up and downs. 6 one putts, 10 2 putts and only 2 3 putts. Hit all but a couple of the fairways. It was a good day for an old geezer like me!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Good weekend, 72-71=143(-1). My Driver wasn´t sharp, the rest of the clubs do the job for me.  

Last 5 scores: Thurs: 78, Fri: 80, Sat: 75, Sun: 81, Mon: 81 and today it's raining, so the heck with it.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

74 Saturday, 68 Sunday and 67 today.

Had three eagles today, the one on #2 is basically a birdie though. Ball is starting to run out again, hit a perfect drive, caught the downslope and hit wedge to a couple feet. 3-wood on #4 from around 270 downhill/downwind to 10 ft and hybrid from 240 on #17 to 4ft, again downhill and downwind.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yesterday’s round:

81 (138) for a diff of 8.1...obviously a good round for me. I had 7 one-putts that saved me as my approaches sucked terribly. Driver was the worst it’s been in a while, kept leaking everything right. Anyways, a good score for this guy nonetheless.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

What a funny game. Yesterday, I couldn't do anything wrong. 3 bogeys, 3 birdies, and 12 pars for a 72.

Todays round was a different story. Started out bogey, double, triple, bogey, for the first 4 holes, 7 over before even getting going. Ended up the front 9 with a 45. The back was a different story. Par, birdie, par, birdie, bogey, bogey, par, eagle, bogey for a 35. I wish I knew what I did to make that drastic a difference.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

This is not really what I shot since it was a scramble my wife and I played. It was in the low 40's, windy and some rain. We decided it was so bad we would play a two person scramble. We had almost no people in front of us all day and played in 2 1/2 hours, shot 37/38 75. My wife is 74 and I am 76 so it felt like we accomplished a good round Friday.