IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 90 yesterday 42/48. I felt very comfortable except with the flat stick. Left 4 birdies out there, but thankful I was hitting GIR for an attempt at them. I got a DB on a relatively easy 139 yard par 3 and really f'd up the par 5 seventeenth with a snowman. OOB left off the tee, third behind a large oak tree, fourth punch out to fairway, five cook one 11 yards over the green, six on, two putt. 

I took two penalty strokes this round with the OOB 17th tee shot and I rinsed one on 14 on a weak LW that missed by 3-4 inches and rolled backwards and trickled into the front guarding pond. All in all I am happy with this round and where my game is trending. Although, the last 3 rounds my putting has not been stellar. Time to increase putting practice.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played with my son for the first time this year. Shot a 40 with 4 pars and 5 bogeys. Driver still an issue with trying to back off on palmar flexion.

I had a set of 714 AP2 Irons that I had him try to replace his Adams set. He hit the 5 iron 190+ from 200 out, uphill to the front part of the green. Dang! I would have used my 4W.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I shot a 46 on the front 9 of my home course. 

My driver contact is improving, but I still need to hit more fairways 2/9. I also need to work on pitching/chipping around the green. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Jekyll and Hyde again...  If I am good enough to make 5 birdies in a round how can I still make 4 double bogies in the same round?  This game is so frustrating.  5 birds and shot 79.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Played one of my favorites, Pierce Lake.  Shot 77 (69.6/131) for likely my best differential of 2020.  Tied my record for birdies in a round (5) so one can figure that I did hit some really poor shots along the way.

Brian Kuehn

1 hour ago, Jrwatkins7 said:

Jekyll and Hyde again...  If I am good enough to make 5 birdies in a round how can I still make 4 double bogies in the same round?  This game is so frustrating.  5 birds and shot 79.   

Wow! I can totally relate. 

However, a 79 is still not too bad 

There is a reason some of us have different occupations. 😄

Keep at it. There will be better days for you. 

Retired Old Man

Callaway Rogue Driver, 12.5 loft, regular shaft, draw

Pure Spin 60* Loft Wedge, Stiff Shaft

Pure Spin "A" Wedge, Regular Flex

Irons are G-15 Pings, 5 iron - Pitching Wedge

Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, regular flex                        Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, regular flex

Callaway Cobra Hybrid #3 & #5

Mallet Style Putter 

Played 9 with my girlfriend’s dad and her little brother at a course I’ve never played before. Shot a 43. Pretty short course overall with one downhill par 4 being so short that my 3w tee shot went OVER the green. Most of the remaining holes were still somewhat short but a bit more reasonable.

Chipping and pitching continues to improve. I believe the improvement on this front continues to stem from viewing each short game shot as a chip/pitch hybrid.

I desperately need to get better at reading greens. 

89 today at Pompano Municipal's lovely Pines course.  I had never played it before.  We finished right at 8 PM. When you leave the 18th, you go past the excellent outdoor bar with live music you can hear on much of the course.

Driver was working.  Putter not so much.

103 at Mill Creek, home course to Ben Curtis in tiny Ostrander, Ohio. The course was well maintained and pace of play for a Saturday was great. My first time playing this course. It did not seem overly difficult, I just managed three penalty strokes and found myself behind trees four separate times where I had to punch out. My lob wedge earned a time out in the garage as well for being an irritable jerk.

Was an enjoyable round with a great friend I have had since elementary school. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Shot 90 yesterday. Couldn’t get the driver going at all. Although I drove the par 4 16th green and came away with a birdie. 

Shot an 83 today equalling my personal best. Driver didn’t behave too well but it went well enough for enough holes to shot a pb. Putting and chipping very well though for me. 

Another rough day this weekend. 100. Taking a new priority piece to the golf course is hard lol. I’ll keep working as my practice sessions have been fruitful. 

Edited by HJJ003

• Administrator

71 with John at Cranberry Highlands.

Played in 4:25 that felt longer. Hot day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

77 today. Couldn’t buy a putt and it was v. windy and wet. Pretty good tee to green though.

Stevie T

69 (-3) today. Fought the driver most of the day. Stood up on #18 and hit the best drive of the day right up the left side. Get down there and my ball is gone. Nowhere to be found. I end up taking a double bogey. So irritated, on that hole you can't see the landing area, someone had to have swiped it, there is literally no where for it to go.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 6.05.29 PM.png

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

God awful and we'll leave it at that. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

69 (-3) today. Fought the driver most of the day. Stood up on #18 and hit the best drive of the day right up the left side. Get down there and my ball is gone. Nowhere to be found. I end up taking a double bogey. So irritated, on that hole you can't see the landing area, someone had to have swiped it, there is literally no where for it to go.  

I am with you on that.  You got hosed.  I can not stand losing a ball in the fairway.

--------------------------------------------------------

Feeling very good.

Got an 80 on a par 70 course today, my best score ever. My previous best score was 84 on a par 72 course.  As you can imagine, with a score considerably below my handicap everything was working from the driver to the flop to the putter. Amazingly this occurred in a big rush to beat dusk.  My 10-year-old was with me.  He had his share of good strikes and talked my ear off on the drive home with all the fun he had.

Special Father's Day all around.

Rejoined Springfield G&CC last Thursday, played my first round back at he old stomping grounds and actually played decently, which had been a struggle.  Hopefully the decent play will continue.

41-39-80 

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Ground out an 89, with 7 penalty strokes. Never quite felt comfortable over the ball. Reflecting on this round, the good thing is that 6 months ago when I left the course with this feeling, my score was well into the 100s, and now I can break 90 with the same feeling. I guess that's a testament to the improvements I've made with lessons and practice.

Had handful of flush strikes, but the big right miss with driver was going all day, and I think I topped/thinned about half my approach shots.

Putting touch and green reading was very good by my standards - only 30 putts.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1