IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Whoo Hooo another personal milestone achieved today!   No, not a new low score, not a birdie or better.  What was it, I decided to walk 9 holes this morning and after those, I decided to do all 18 holes today to see if my foot could hold up.  This has been a personal goal since starting to play and having a transmet amputation of the toes on the left foot from a motorcycle wreck in 2016.  Course length just over 6100 yards. 

By the way, shot a 94 (49/45).  Only one triple bogie (on hole 3, which was hole 12 as I played the back 9 first), several doubles (mostly due to the irregularities of the greens (they are working hard to get them into shape).  A lot of good looks at par, which I attributed to the pace of play - as walking slows the game some and allows you to look more at the terrain. 

image.thumb.png.6685414bba91a31259957ae9e91e6f1d.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Zero!  Took the day off.  Played my 96th round of the year yesterday (5/19).  Thought I would rest up for our 1st InterClub match of the season tomorrow.

Edited by Sandy Lie

Sugar Hill Golf Club - Back Nine

Shot a 41.  Last Thursday, I shot a 49.

I started with a double bogey, but after that I went bogey, par, bogey, par, par, par, bogey, and par.  I struck the ball really well for the most part, and really only mishit five shots.  I also really played well around the greens, and putted well.

Of course, all of this glory was overshadowed by a guy on the other team in our foursome getting a hole in one. :-)

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

83. Best score in a while, but due to three good putts. Not due to particularly good play...

76 today and left several out there. Was even through 5. 2 over front. Had myself even on the back through 13 and hooked a hybrid off the tee into trees and make 6. Bogey at 15. Only a great chip at 17 saved me from wasting a perfect drive to a gap wedge in. Bogey at 18. Just got really sloppy late in the round. 0/9 on birdie efforts. Had opportunity to make that round a low one and it got away from me. Still 2nd straight days where I posted a solid number.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot a 52 (9 holes only) which was both disappointing and encouraging.  I had 6 good holes (5 bogies & a par) and 3 Blow-up holes accounting for 11 over par.  I really need to get rid of those disaster blow-up holes.   I managed this without hitting a single fairway and only 2 GIRs.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Forgot to post about this, but my brother and I played eighteen holes on Thursday. The catch: we played the front tees, which were 5044 yards.

I started strong, going -1 through 4 after back to back birds on 3 and 4 (the latter of which is a 345-yard ‘par 5’). However, I struggled on the next few holes, making two doubles and a bogey on the short ninth (again, a sub-400-yard par 5 from the reds) to post 40 on the front. My brother posted 55.

The back nine was a strong start, par-bogey-par for me and double-par-double for my brother. Then on the toughest stretch (13-15), I three putted for double on 13 after being just off the green, three putted for bogey on 14 after hitting a beautiful approach to seven feet, and doubled 15 after misclubbing on my tee shot and having almost no second shot. Still, I was only +10, and we had a short par 5 (465 downhill), a really short par 4 (about 240 on a straight line) and a short par 3 (94).

I parred 16 without much trouble (a pic of my outstanding tee shot below), but I made two disappointing bogeys on 17 and 18 to post 84. Definitely not a terrible score from where we were playing, but I lost some strokes with putting (five three putts on the day), so it could’ve easily been lower as well. My brother actually played better on the back, making two solid pars on 17 and 18 for a 52 on the back, 107 total. It was a really fun day of golf!

A5BE440C-18BA-445B-91BE-40AC6C5148F6.thumb.jpeg.f31009b67a8c37abd8f8e286900218f2.jpeg

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot an 82 on a shortish (6400 yds) track. Kept driving in the rough and behind trees. Winds were 17mph gusting to 26. Had 3 birds, and some missed putts I should have made, all in all it was just a lackluster driving day that killed me.

Shot a 107.  Not too displeased seeing as how I'm incorporating a new swing, haven't practiced any this week, and walked the course which tired me out as it's only my third round of the year and I'm not in walking a golf course shape yet.

Anyway, feast or famine, 3 pars, and a birdie (could have been two, missed a 7 foot putt), but also double parred 5 holes and 8 penalty strokes. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

85. Still haven’t broke 80 this calendar year. It’s a bit frustrating. had a 6 and two 7’s and two birdies—one on a par 3 (7i from 171) and a par 5. 

Driver was good except for one drop kick. 

Approach play was pretty meh. I only hit 6 GIR—not good. Some were on the fringes though. I only hit one of the par 3’s. Birdied it. But I had some poor strikes. I think my low point was too far forward because I bladed two wedges and topped a 5w on 18–went on to stuff a partial pitching wedge to 3’ for birdie though haha. 

Around the green was good except one shot—I took a PW for a low runner. Hit it good but I hit it too far. I missed my landing spot. The greens were running today. 

Putting was ok except for three 3-putts. They were running out today but I liked it. I just wasn’t prepared for them to roll that good. They’ve been bumpy for a while. They were awesome today. 

My biggest takeaways are: 
- what I’ve been working on in my swing is good. My score doesn’t show it, but my swing is there. I just haven’t had much time to practice or play much past few years. 
- my game plan works. It’s based on my tendencies and it works. It’s smart golf for me. Aim left center on each shot outside of a pitch or chip. 
- I need to focus on each shot. Let the swing be natural but give it 100% attention and commit. 
- don’t give up when things go wrong. Find a way to make par or at worst bogey. Don’t quit on a hole when you don’t hit what you wanted. Suck it up, stay focused and play it out. I played the ball down and holed everything out, but I can’t compound errors by not caring and quitting, if that makes sense.

Sometimes I felt like I didn’t try hard enough on each shot. Like I just went through the motions and watched myself do it, instead of engaging in the shot. I don’t know if that makes any sense. I don’t mean anything about thinking about the swing or anything—I try to be natural and just swing. I’m talking more about focus, attention, and commitment to each and every shot. This gets even worse when I hit a bad shot because I’ll “quit” and make a mess of the hole. 

• Like 1

Shot a 97.   51 on front, 46 on back.   I'm happy being this is my first time in 5 days on the course where I actually hit my irons well.   I struggled bad with the chunk and shanks.  Yesterday were way more flush.  Unfortunately my tee shots were below average for me, I'm usually solid with a driver.  Game never comes together all at once lmao.  

As you can see the back 9 I started out great by my standards, then the wheels fell off at 16.  Thinned tee shot at 17 that went way over green and gone.  Re teed and stuck it within 10 feet.   18 I tried to drive the green and hit a serious toe hook down a big hill 😅

Screenshot_20210522-122553_Skygolf 360.jpg

Something around 90 today. Struggled to wake up and make it to my 5:30am tee time. Full swing motion just felt off all round.

And then, after my tee shot on the 10th, I noticed that my hybrid head was loose (7th shot of the day with that club). I’d hit all sorts of horrible feeling shots, with trajectories I’ve never seen before, but I thought I was just swinging like shit. I tightened the head back onto the shaft, and stopped keeping meticulous track of shots at that point, but even with the equipment malfunction, I played really poorly. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My brother and I played six holes the other day after I got off work: our usual loop of 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7, and then a short 50-yard par 3 I made where we hit from the sixth tee to the third green. I went +4 on those six holes from the blue tees, including an up and down par after I blocked my tee shot left, leaving a very tough pitch.

We agreed that we’d do this sort of thing more often, so looking forward to that!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Hull 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Out 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 In Totalt  
Par 5 3 4 3 4 4 4 3 5 35 5 3 4 4 5 3 4 4 5 37 72  
Truls Ljådal Utslagssted:     --              Gul              Hvit              Rød           5 3 5 2 4 4 3 4 6 36 6 3 5 7 7 4 4 5 6 47 83

Fairway HIT   LEFT   LEFT HIT HIT   RIGHT 3/6 RIGHT   LEFT RIGHT HIT   HIT RIGHT HIT 3/7 6/13  
GIR N Y N Y N Y Y N Y 5/9 N N N N N N N N N 0/9 5/18  
Putter 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 2 3 15 2 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 14 29  

Played a great round yesterday, and it could definitely have have been better. Missed 4 putts within 5 feet (2, 3, 17 and 18), made a horrible 3-putt on 9 from 15 feet, and hit a ball O.B on both 13 and 14 for a tripple and a double on those. Made a lot of good chips and pitches to make simple tap-ins and struck the ball well with my mid and long irons for a change. The teeshot on hole 2 was 5'' from being a slamdunk. The first 7 holes (-1, with a missed 5 footer and a missed 3 footer) is the best I've played over a 7 hole strech before. 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Minor Park Golf Couse, KCMO

I was five over through 6 (very good for me) and really striking the ball well day.  Then I got to the last three holes and completely forgot how to swing a club and went double, triple, double to finish with a 47.  Hopefully i'll get this figured out before next week and we can put a solid 9 holes together.  

I also had three putts that stopped one rotation short of the hole.  If those three had dropped I would have been 2 over through 6, but we could "what if" a ton in this game and it really doesn't mean anything.  

On 5/21/2021 at 1:55 PM, StuM said:

Shot a 52 (9 holes only) which was both disappointing and encouraging.  I had 6 good holes (5 bogies & a par) and 3 Blow-up holes accounting for 11 over par.  I really need to get rid of those disaster blow-up holes.   I managed this without hitting a single fairway and only 2 GIRs.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:55 PM, StuM said:

I had a similar situation where I had a bunch of high-scoring holes and then a stretch of great golf. During a net tournament I was 17 over par after 13 holes, just couldn't do anything right. Then the last five holes I went  -2 and shot an actual 87, net 70.

• Like 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Played Pinehurst #4 (6,428 yards) today, 7:10 tee time.  Carded a 74, 37 a side. Birdied 1st hole playing at 402 yards, fairway hit, 143 to the green, landed left of pin about 7ft. Quickly erased that with a bogey on the par 5 2nd. Next 4 holes were 3 pars and 1 bogey.  Birdied #7, playing at 404, fairway again, hit the 25* hybrid to one foot! Bogey on  the 8th and had a par on the 9th, a par 5. Just missed the birdie. Hit 6 fairways  and 6 greens on the front nine, 15 putts.

Back 9 started with 2 pars, missed both birdie attempts. A bogey on twelve, then a birdie on the par 5 13th, fairway, layup and hit my 8 iron to the back pin, again to 1 foot!  Played even through 17 then had a bogey on 18. Missed the fairway right and had to punch out. Hit only 4 fairways on the back, most were just off with the exception of 18. Hit 6 greens on the back, 16 putts. Overall had 10 fairways, 12 GIR’s and 31 putts.

Topped my previous low of 75 with the 74.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rained from 0500 till 1300. Played 9 starting at 1600. Watched balls come down in the fairway, plugged, never to be seen again. Greens were receptive, perhaps a bit too receptive. Spun the ball back off the green 3 times, once into a bunker. Tried flighting the short irons and wedges instead of the hop and stop, they would hydroplane and skid wherever they wanted. Score sucked, shot 52 on a track I should be scoring 36-37.