IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Brookside Course 1 Front 9 Blues: 45

Sliced my driver so badly, but somehow managed to keep it in play.

Brookside Course 2 Front 7 Blues: 33 , I shot 1 par and 6 bogey and feel great about it because I used only irons. Hole 6 I only used my 4i for everything including putting. The par on the 390 yard par 4 felt really good. 3i tee shot hit nicely (for me), and a 4i to the green. It was probably my best hole to date.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stone Canyon Golf Club:  Par72   73.2CR 141slope    37-40=77

Today was one of those days when I played GREAT tee to green, but couldn't make any putts.   I had 6 good looks inside of 10ft and made ZERO!!!!!  I also had a few really good looks in the 10-15ft range, but made zero!!!  I hit my driver great, but 2 swings cost me 4 strokes!!  I played the rest of the round +1.    My putter let me down in a very big way today!!   I could have been around par even with the doubles if my putter was at least luke warm.

Fairways 9/13

Greens 11

Putts: 33

I did make 1 birdie, but it was of the 2-putt variety!!  I had a 20 footer for eagle and lagged 3 feet short......LOL  Sheesh.....at least I made the 3 footer!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

81  front 40 back 41 rate 72.5 slope 135 indexed 7.0

3 birdies

6 pars

6 bogeys

3 doubles :pound:

9/14 FIR

11/18 GIR

36 putts

Just killing myself with the doubles or worse when I have 3 or 4 birdies in a round, I think I had 5 birdies a couple months ago and still shot a damn 83. I have to stop blowing up holes and I think I may be taking too many risks versus playing with the percentages in my favor, my home course has a lot of bunkering at 100-150 yard ranges and I have to focus more on just getting to a spot where I can make a shot to the flag rather than trying to do it from a hazard. It's nice making more birdies and it makes me feel as though my game is improving but it's more deflating to waste the gains from that with a blowup. This round should have been no more than 78 and possibly 75 but I need to get better focus on the tasks at hand and I think the low numbers will come.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Carrington Golf Club

49-42=91  One of the best rounds of the year for me.  The conditions were immaculate and the weather was perfect.  Couldn't ask for a better day on the course.

- Mark

92. Hit the ball pretty well for the most part, but 2-3 blow up holes (penalties..waahhh) and terrible putting/pitching killed me. Either way, 92 is decent for me, so no big complaints. Beat my Uncle which was the real goal. :)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Kittyhawk GC (Hawk course), Dayton, OH

54-52-106

One of my worst rounds in a while. I don't think I hit a decent iron all afternoon. My putting on the front nine stunk and the driver went to hell on the back. Two tee shots in the drink.

About the only thing that can be said for it is that I didn't break anything and I actually had the discipline to fill out the scorecard. Often that sucker would be in a trash can by the 6th hole.

I shot a 93 today that pretty much sucks. Not only was my swing off but I got every bad bounce known to man. I think I hit trees like 6 different times. At one point I hit a tree and it bounced back and hit one of the yardage markers and then came right back at me. I hit a great second shot from the fairway, nice fade that lands in the second cut and bounces 90 degrees and rests next to a tree leaving no shot to the hole. Just a painful day.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Played 5 times last week at Hilton Head.....shipyard twice, Port Royal twice(Planters Row & Barony) then finished at The Golden Bear.....scores were 86, 89, 90, 92 & 92 Enjoyed it so much I am acquiring a timeshare. Met a lady that has had a timeshare there for 19 years and is selling it to me for less than$500. We inspected it and found it to be very nice, just 4 blocks from the beach at Coligny. That means I'll be going back for years to come. It will be quite awhile before I will want to trade for another place. From Tampa, it's just a 5 hour drive.:-)

Riverview Highlands - Gold Nine

Great start, two blow up holes in the middle and finished strong.  My blow ups are all mental.  I was playing alone.  My mind starts to wander to the worries of the week ahead and my game goes south.  Regrouped and hit some great shots down the stretch.  Amazing how my golf game closely resembles my mental state at any given time.

- Mark

Shot 84 yesterday. Greens plugged and sanded a couple days earlier and cost two or three strokes. Had three chips hit plugs and the ball go dead sideways.

Played for forty years without a hole in one. Two last year and one this year.

Altadena blues 46 with 4 pars, 1bogey, 3 double and a 9 on the last hole. The only proud moment was my 3i-6i, putter, putter par. Just missed the birdie. Next week I'll try again.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sunday,

Community GC (Dales Course), Dayton, OH

43-46-89

Better ball-striking today, but the putter was still having issues. Actually I made a really nice 15-footer for birdie on eight and then had four consecutive three-jacks. The rest of the round was kind of a haze.

Dales is very short and open, so 89 is about what I'd expect out here considering my current ability level. Just didn't putt well enough to do any better.

Indian Peaks - in Denver area on Friday - Blue tees.

40 - 42 ...  kinda lost control of my drives on much of the back nine - since the thin air makes hitting so long, that was a bit penal.  Great Course, tough greens for sure.  Had like 5 really legit birdie opportunities (approach shots were straight - that's a nice change from lately) but I couldn't figure the greens (I'll blame using rentals and the putter having the biggest Super Stroke out there....I'm sticking with that for a lame excuse)

Guy in the shop lent me his clubs as all the rentals were in use.  Pretty neat that...

And on the bendy holes, one playing partner would note what shape shot to play if I was 'going for it'.  I managed to shape all those shots in the correct direction - but I pretty much overcooked every one of them (good practice from the rough I guess).

love the mountain scenery

Bill - 

Brookside Course 1 Blues: 88 (45/43)

Here it is at the start of month 2 with a weekday pass.

I have no idea how I shot under 90 today. Even though I'm finally starting to get that whipping feeling at impact with my irons. No with the woods and hybrids yet. I kept slicing my driver, thinned a lot of shots, hit into the trees a lot and used both sides of the fairway way too much.

3 doubles, 10 bogey, 5 pars. The best hole was a bogey save with a drive sliced over two fairways onto the green. Hit a hybrid to the edge of the fairway, then chipped on with a punch shot, and made a 25 foot putt. My best drive was 245 yards onto the fairway. I was slicing my driver too much, so I used my 3i and 3H and got 11 FW, 3 GIR, bunch of nGIR, 31 putts (my best ever).

Played so much crappier than yesterday, but still scored reasonably well. My differential is dropping.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Meh......82   front 41 back 41 par 72 rate 72.6 slope 135 indexed 7.9

0 birdies :no:

9 pars

8 bogeys

1 double :pound:

11/14 FIR

8/18   GIR

36  Putts

Drove the ball well but just couldn't capitalize on being in the fairway near enough, had 1 approach from 168 6 iron lip out but the putt was over 6 feet and I couldn't convert the bird and that's where the strokes got away today on the greens, I had 2 three putts and numerous misses from 6' to 15' that really hurt. I really need to improve the putting to where I'm consistently putting to my full potential at least half of the time and when I'm not I am only a little off, I'm feeling a possible change in putter may help at this juncture.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Delaware Water Gap:  38 on front; 51 on back.

EPIC

FAIL

ON

SO

MANY

LEVELS

(total mental breakdown is all I can say)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"