IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Didn't think I'd say this this year, but a disappointing 81. My game off the tee cost me every missed shot today. It wasn't horrible enough to cost me penalty strokes but still penalized me enough to lead to two double bogeys. Only one birdie though, was able to stick most of my wedges on to let me one or two putt, I think I only had two three putts all day so I was pretty happy with everything but my driver.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, amished said:

Didn't think I'd say this this year, but a disappointing 81

For a 15 handicap, not sure how an 81 can be disappointing...

I also shot an 81 today, with one double and two 3 putts, unfortunately one of them was a 3 putt par on a par 5.

Gus
---------------

44 minutes ago, JGus said:

For a 15 handicap, not sure how an 81 can be disappointing...

I also shot an 81 today, with one double and two 3 putts, unfortunately one of them was a 3 putt par on a par 5.

I know. My handicap generally has come from big numbers, but still deserved. I am trending down but it's still frustrating to see one part of my game be so bad compared to everything else that felt so good today. I truly feel if my driver was as good as it could be I would've broken 80 pretty comfortably. To be that close with so many missed opportunities is painful yet encouraging. 

Edit,  this was also on a par 70 course, so 11 over is still good, but not like a 9 over round. 

Edited by amished

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

70 (-2) at my home course.

Really good scoring streak: 74,70,70,73,75,71,70: I`m -1 between the last 7 rounds. 6550, rating 71,2. Par 72. My tee to green game has improved a lot over 2017. Putting is still bad, but working on it.   

• Upvote 1

Shot 96 on a short course. This is probably good golf for me. I kept everything in play after the 5th. Other than a single blowup hole (5 over on a par 5) and a couple typical missed short putts, I thought I played well within my ability. Irons were not quite as accurate as last week, but still very solid with good distance control on both approaches and layups.

Edited by JonMA1
  • Upvote 2

Jon

45-47-90

Madden GC, Dayton, OH

Nothing really awful (nothing worse than a double), but always seemed a shot away from real quality. It was different things from hole to hole. Couple bad putts, one lousy drive, a few lousy approach shots and some wedges that lacked any art. None the less, my shots are finishing closer to the hole. I've made progress in sorting the shank issues I had earlier in the year.

I had to use a Group Golfer that was about to expire so I drove to Timber Ridge (70.1/135) in East Lansing.  It was a new course to me.   I paired with a twosome and we had a great time.   I shot a 44/46 but felt like I was playing pretty good.    I still need to work on speed on faster greens.  The greens were significantly faster than my home course and I guess I need that practice.   Overall a great day to be on the golf course.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

38-37-75 Today 1 birdie, 1 double

Pretty good day on the course.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

79, 42 front 37 back at Raintree

Just inconsistent off the tee and into the green. Swing got a bit long and out of control. Greens were super slow. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

36/40 = 76.

Finished bogey, bogey, double.  :doh:

Really can't complain.  3 straight rounds in the 70's.  Very unusual for me.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

70, on a par 71, with a LOT of wind.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No energy for the rounds I played this weekend. 

Broke 80 from 6300 and 82 from 6700.

Need to get the mojo back!!

82! - 40/42- That's great for me 

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

41/38 for 79 unremarkable other than it was my first 18 holes of 2017 after struggling with injury and limiting it to 9 holes for the last several months. My distance is coming back I was outdriving the guys I got paired up with using a 3w most of the day. They weren't very good but still I owned the box all but one hole when a guy made a lucky birdie putt to my par.

No doubles for me and just one silly 3 putt. Left strokes out there for sure, looking back I think I made 5 easily preventable bogeys, two after forcing a shot in the wind as well as the 3 putt. We played 9-13 on the edge of a microburst that caused significant damage just a few miles south of the course.

Edited by Dave2512

Dave :-)

Best round of 2017, to date.  4.1 differential.  Couldn't cash in on the birdie opportunities but made some nice lags and up & down pars so it all balanced out at 76.

There were a couple GIR's that barely merited the GIR designation, I was so far from the hole.  Somehow I got the first close enough to 2 putt.

• Upvote 2

Brian Kuehn

I haven't been playing as regularly as in past years and it shows.   I am still all over the place...  Case in point!!!

72.5CR 137 slope, par 72......  I was finally able to play both days last weekend before the 4th.................Saturday...73/ Sunday 81...........UGH!!  

I have a 7am tee time July 4th....time to re-group!  sheesh...

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

38-37-75

2 birdies no doubles woo hoo

only bad hole was 18, hit a good shot long into heavy rough couldn't make par, won match and 7 dollars, other team made par with a 15 foot par putt otherwise we would've  won $25.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

35-38-73 2 birdies 

SGCC Blue Tees

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry