IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

83 Tiana golf course Walker Mn, my regular summer course. I've been toying with sub 80 rounds for a couple months just can't seem to close the deal. Usual misses that mess me up..... pulled long iron shots and leaving myself in bad position on the tricky greens. 

I know......it's the journey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39/41=80.

With more doubles than bogies.  :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Shot a 48 on the back 9 (the easier 9) at Forest Creek, my home course.  The greens are still in bad shape and they had 3 temp greens.  I've played at least 9 holes for 7 straight weeks, the longest streak of my life, yet my putting has never felt worse.  Starting to think that trying to putt on greens that are part grass, part scorched earth and part sand is impacting my ability to putt.  It's definitely taken a toll on my confidence.

I had 2 recovery shots, didn't lose a ball and only had on par.  With the greens in sad shape, I need to do a better job of pitching and chipping so I have shorter, easier putts.  LOTS of chipping and pitchng practice this weekend!

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

Today's round was - well let's start it out this way.

Front nine I had four 3 putts but I hit 7 of 9 G.i.R.  I could not putt.  I lost track of my score in my head because I was so disgusted with my putting.  20 putts on the front 9.  Go into the back nine and decided to play 2 balls because it was early and I really wanted to get a good feel for my new Driver.  Ball 1 was lights out putting, Ball 2 a repeat of the front nine and also a lot of trying different practice shots.  Ball 1 was the real deal.  I had 15 putts on the back nine.  I hit 6 of 9 Greens on the back nine.  After adding up my putts for both rounds I decided to add up my score.  Front Nine I was 4 over for a 39 and the Back Nine I was 1 over for a 34.  Par was 68 and I shot a 73.  I was more then pleasantly happy and in fact I was surprised at the final outcome.  All in all a great morning of golf.  I am finally starting to get my new irons under control and I gained a lot of confidence in them.  The new Driver is everything I have hoped for. So far after a range session last night and today it is the most accurate Driver I have ever hit. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Played B-Team interclub match yesterday against Belle Haven CC, and the team got pounded.  Lost 60-48 overall.

Me and my partner lost 1 down over the 18 holes.  I played well, partner not so much.  The course was really wet from all the rain.

36-38-74  4 bogeys and 1 birdie.  Had chances for a couple more birdies, but with partner out of hole, hard to be very agressive.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Ugh, what a difference a week can make.

Three rounds in the 70s last weekend then this weekend comes up and I decide to play worse than I have all year in the club championship.  93 Saturday, 94 Sunday.  More or less the only time I can remember not at least breaking 90 all year.

Can't attribute it to nerves, I wasn't nervous.  Went out after the tournament to try again and posted a 49 on the front...blegh.

Needless to say I've broken something.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Saturday,

Shelby Oaks Golf Club, Sidney OH

44-47-91

This was one of the best weather days I ever seen on a late July day and met @Jeremie Boop at our typical course that is between my Troy and his Lima. It's always great playing with JB because he has a way of keeping me calm. Had lots of solid holes on this day. Was thrilled to par No. 9 on the South nine thanks largely to a 125-yarder out of a bunker to 10-feet. Nearly avoided a triple until I made a mess of the final hole (No.9, North nine).

Sunday,

Kittyhawk GC (Hawk Course), Dayton, OH

45-50-95

Rather unlike the calm round on Saturday, my playing partner and Kittyhawk's gangster rough made for a bit of frustration. Said playing partner was having a horrid day and we spent forever looking for his balls. Obviously the crew has fallen behind yet again with their mowing chores. Still had some very nice holes (some after playing partner quit on No. 13). However, my temper got away from me on the toughest stretch on the course, No. 10-12. Hammered a 5W thru the green on No. 10 only to have playing partner tell me I was short. Having already had to search for one of his shots, I waved a pair through before finally finding my ball three feet off the back of the green. I was on tilt and paid a stiff price. When ole boy left, I immediately calmed down and had some quality holes to finish.

Saturday 76 (+4) in normal conditions: Not a good day at all, every part of my game was off, good course management was the key to keep a decent score.
Played 9 more holes and figured out a new aligment/posture that make me hit the most beautifull pure shots in my life, even with long irons. 

On Sunday despite the ocassionaly rain, 10ºC and 25 miles winds i hit the course and shoot 74 (+2) with a poor putting day, the sweetest ball striking in my life, with the bonus of hitting it 10 yards futher than normal and with a better, more penetraiting, ball flight.

Putting is still my Achilles ankle but working on it. Lucky me, short game it`s sharp as always. Really excited to practice this new posture and make it last. 

74 at Siren National from the blues (6400-6500 or so) - one of my favorite courses in WI - greens were a bit spongy.  Good round, making contact is always a bonus.  Driving really well for once and hitting greens.  GIRs really help my scores.  Even par on the back nine - 2 over on the front (hard time with the par 3s as always).  2 birdies total, missed a 6 footer for eagle on 9 (last hole of the round as I started on the back).  Nice day.

Bill - 

Played with our Club Champion today, he had it going today, was 4 under through 5 and then 5 under after 8, to finish 31-38-69.

I played my normal game 38-36-74. 1 birdie, 4 bogeys.  Had chance for 73, missed 15 foot birdie putt on 18, 

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot a 42 on league night.  Was giving a stroke on 5 holes, match play and i won 4/9 points.

Two shots cost me:  
1. I topped my first tee shot which led to a 6.  
2. Short par 4 with tees up.  I didnt really think it through and hit driver.  I  hit it solid, but pulled it slightly and it went ob. If i had hit my hybrid it wouldn't have went ob. 

81 with two bladed wedges that cost me at least 4 strokes. Was playing in our work match play bracket and won on the 21st hole. Guy I was playing didn't hit a wood all night, teed off with a 4 iron every hole and kept it in play.   I'd be 50 yards past him.  Actually kind of frustrating he was hitting his irons so well all night. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Played 9 yesterday at SGCC.

34 (-1) 4 birdies,  3 dumb bogeys.

5 GIR's

-Jerry

Shot an 86 on a hot day. Course was slow the first 9. Good news is I was able to stop using my wrist brace after the first 5 or 6 holes and the wrist felt fine. I was testing to see if it healed enough to finally not need it. 

Driver was a bit sketchy early on but I was able to correct.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just finished a 1600 mile road trip up north. Played 5 rounds, at 5 different courses along the way. Averaged 82 strokes per round. 

Next week, a few of us locals will be at Furnace Creek GC playing "hot golf". 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: