IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

SGCC White Tees

Couples Member Guest

38-36-74 2 birdies 

we came in second.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 Pars on the front with one triple and one double, 3 bogeys - 20 putts!

On the back 1 birdie, 1 par, 6 bogeys and 1 double - 20 putts!! 

40 total putts, 7 more putts then my average and I  made a couple really nice putts.  I decided to count every time I used my putter today as a putt even from the fringe and I was living on the fringe all day.  I was just off on everything.  I was hitting the ball very well yet I could not get a line down.  All over the place.  This was the first time I played the back nine on this course and it showed with very poor lines on 3 dog legs that i did not comprehend how much the dog leg was.  I hit the wrong clubs off the tee twice and once off the fairway that added 3 strokes easy.  And my chipping just sucked which is usually a strong part of my game. Just a very frustrating day, yet I had a relaxing round and enjoyed the day. 

I am noticing the lack of practicing between rounds

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Played SGCC with my Dad yesterday.

38-37-75 14 pars and 4 bogeys - 1-3 putt, 

11 GIR's (16 NGIR's) 

Playing the East Course at Baltimore Country Club this afternoon in a 1/2 day Member-Guest, one of my favorite courses.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Baltimore Country Club - East Course - White Tees

36-37-73 (Par 70) 5 bogeys and 2 birdies.

11 GIR's 

2 -3-putts

Guess I need to work on my short game.  :whistle:

-Jerry

40-43-83

Odd round. Drove it well (for me; no length but in play) but only hit two greens in regulation. A lot of up-and-downs for par. 7 pars, 1 birdie, 2 double bogies. Could have scored better but botched a couple of really easy chips.

Bill M

So I went out after work yesterday to play 9 holes with Jacob for Regional tournament practice and I hit the ball better than I have in quite some time. I hit 6/7 fairways and 7/9 GIR. I had 4 birdie putts that could have been made that were inside 10 feet. I made a birdie from about 12 feet. So I am -1 going into number 9 (only playing 9) and this hole is a dogleg left par 4 with a pond in the dogleg. I NEVER hit it in the water here. I can smooth stroke a 3w and clear the water with no issues. Well, with that in mind, I guess I took a lot off of my swing or something and I hit my 3w fat. I'm talking FAT!! And in the water it went. I went to the drop zone which ended up being about 215 out. I missed the green to the right and ended up hitting my pitch too hard and ran past the hole about 25 feet. I two putted for a double. I end up shooting a 37. I was so frustrated! And to think back on what could have been had my putting (which is usually a strong part of my game) been as good as usual...

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

81 - great round for me

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Saturday, played on the B-Team for the semi-finals against Dominion Valley CC.  We won the match (+2 overall) and are on to the finals against River Creek CC on October 1st.  Which I can't play as I have tickets to the Ravens-Steelers football game.

Played at home (SGCC) - My partner and I lost the match 1 dwn, luckily the away team kicked some butt.  Playing partner shot 78 and they shot 74/77

38-39-77 - 1 birdie, 7 bogeys. - 8 GIR's 

• Like 1

-Jerry

Played in a tournament this past weekend shot 68-74. Played pretty steady the first round, could have gone even lower missed two birdie putts inside 8 feet on 15 and 17. Started the second round off terribly, one of those rounds where you can't catch a break. Was +3 after three holes but battled back somewhat, although I could not get a putt to drop. Had no chance of winning anyway as it was a NET only tournament. Playing as a +1 in a NET tournament is an exercise in futility. You cannot beat strokes!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

42/47 on Friday afternoon for an 89. This was a fun round.

47/47 on Saturday for a 94. This round started very good as I was even through 3 holes. But then the traffic got bad. The start/stop/start/stop of Saturday mornings is just not worth it. In the NFL they call it icing the kicker. I just really struggle when I can't get a consistent pace and rhythm. I'm sticking to league nights and twilight for the last month of the season. 

80-75 (+11) . On 4 holes i shot +12 and on the other 32 i shot -1.
2 doubles, 1 triple bogey and a 9 on a par 4 (2 balls OB, one with the driver and 1 with the approach shot to the green).
On the hole i made 9 on the first round, i made a 6 on the second. +7 in just one hole played twice.    

80 on Friday Logger's Trail - A bit of a tough start on the front 9

75 at The Summit - 1 under on the front nine, the back nine had some minor troubles though.

hot and sweaty both days but on Sunday I was completely alone and behind a slow 4 some with zero people behind me - was able to go into the woods and look for balls on most of the holes and still had to wait on the other group - new record of 200 balls for the weekend.

My last 4 rounds I've been amazed at how long I'm hitting.  must be the hot temps and good contact vs my usual.  It's fun.  Won't last long though with fall temps dropping fast.

Bill - 

+3 39 walking a quick 9 after work today. 

Very pleased with that score, given my last few rounds were absolutely terrible! Hadn't hit a ball in 4 days, besides putts in my apartment. I think that may have helped a little, somehow. Still moving the ball left to right, when I am used to hitting draws and hooks. I was absolutely blasting my tee shots today, which felt great. Had a few great wedge shots, but no iron shots to write home about. Made one clutch putt, short game was okay. 6 pars, 3 bogeys, no doubles. 4/7 FIR, 8/9 nGIR, 4/9 GIR, 17 putts

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

Last official senior league round today. Started with a triple bogey (no place to warm up at that course?), and 5 over for the next 17 holes for a 77. 30 putts, 8 Fairways, 9 GIR (with several more nGIR).

My HI was 16.7. What a very strange game golf is...

Edited by Midpack

This would not be from today, but yesterday. Went out to Mill Creek and shot a 40-39=79 in the stifling heat! This after the greens were aerated 3 week ago. I went out not knowing what to expect, but the greens had knit up incredibly and putted quite well.

Didn't have a single birdie. 11 pars and 7 bogeys. Par 72. Shot this round by following my own advice to make a "complete" swing, like I posted in the Instruction & Playing Tips page. One of my best rounds of the year.

41:  -1 thru 5 holes, +6 on the other 4

So inconsistent 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny