IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Another 92 (48+44) at my local links course .. +4 over HC

hit a bucket of balls prior to the game (think I should have had a Bigger Breakfast run out of energy 3hrs later in hotter winter temps than been use too)

same as last game some really brilliant shots- one downhill 3w fade 250 yards around pine trees to my right to land parallel to hole 15 feet off ....YESSS!!!

Nice birdie on mid-length PAR-4-- 80+ yard chip to 3 feet from behind a tree(this was after 2x pars) here I go

But a string of woeful 3 putts ...giving me 4x triple bogies ...with some very low energy stupid lost ball shots and chips than ended up many yards off the back of greens ... Rushing shots at times

Can't wait for it all click together and break 80 one of these days 

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

Saturday 8/25

I shot 85 over about 6400 yards; 70.4/123. I had 7 GIR, and 4 near GIR. 50% on the 4 near GIR, both of which were sand saves. 37 putts which sounds worse than it was. Bead and speed were great; read was the problem. I had a lot of close misses, but the ball went where I was looking. I was just looking at the wrong place. A couple of lags I left too short, but again it was read- I thought it was faster than it was. I had one triple bogey, but no doubles.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great round at a tough and NICE track on Saturday.  Really loving my driver.  79 at The Jewel.  I only missed 4 fairways.  11 GIRs.  This is very good for me.  Although 3 of my best drives resulted in me choking on the approach shot else the GIR 'could' have been awesome and not just very good.....  Mint course conditions and a super cool pair of guys I was assigned with (A dad and son-in-law).  The only club I had trouble with was the 3w - which is odd - it's become my go to club....

I really enjoy golf.  what a fun game!

Sunday played a tight course and just couldn't really get it together.  Mid 80's on the round.  Not a lot of fairways hit, but contact was good - pretty decent iron play though.  Slow greens.  Nice cooling rain on the 16th hole too.  that hole I uplofted a 7i over a stand of trees (middle of the fairway they block the approach, left half of fairway is the sweet spot - so of course, a fairway hit on this hole is no good if you baby fade it (this is one of the fairways I hit - in the wrong place.....)  But I got to pull off the hard approach anyway.  so nice shot.

Man, I really hate this game.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Haven't played or practiced in weeks, shot 103 with 5 pars, 4 GIR, and one (1) sand save. The score was super bad but I kept pace and hit some very nice shots, and mostly lost strokes in stupid areas that are easily fixed. So, I'm not angry at all, and in fact I'm going to rededicate myself and try to salvage September before the rains return. 

Edited by Kalnoky
grammar

I played a different course for the first time today,  Slightly longer than my usual course, and higher rating/slope.  Shot 91, which is phenomenal for me.  Shot 43 for 9 holes last week; maybe there's hope for me yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Busted out of a slump in a big way at the home track with 74 (37/37). Made 2 bogeys and a birdie on each side. Was cruising on the back till I bogeyed 16 and 17. Then missed the green at 18 in the trap and holed out to close the day with a bird. Hit 13/18 GIR which would be my most ever. Only hit 5 fairways but my misses were all in play and not costly. Hit the ball big today. It was pretty much driver and sand wedge/gap wedge all day. When I hit big and straight drives off the 1st couple holes I kept hitting the big stick on some holes where I would typically hit an iron. Amazing what confidence can do for you. The only thing I have negative to say is that my distance control with my wedges wasn’t great. It was good enough to hit greens but I wasn’t giving myself great looks for birdie. My only birdies were the hole out from the bunker and a tap in on a par 4 which I nearly drove allowing me to chip to tap in range. Still after the shit show I was over the last couple weeks where I was approaching 90 some days I was more than happy to bang a low one and can’t wait to tee off tomorrow morning!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I work in retail so I had tues and wed off after working the weekend.... which meant 7a the last 2 days I was on the 1st tee! Continued my hot play with a 77 (38/39). Very angry worth the bogey at 2 and 9 as both are holes that have me thinking bird. Got on a roll for the 2nd straight day where I played 10-15 E and hit every green. 16-18 is always my worst. Played them +2 which is actually not bad. All in all decent day. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Muang Keaw in Bangkok today. 

Rental clubs took the front nine to figure out especially the irons.  Lots more offset with these.  But with all the water, I didn't lose a single ball.

45/39

and my first "eagle on a par 4" - 277 yard number 16 with the green surrounded by steep bunkers.  Carried them just fine (240 carry) and likely the roll just missed the cup (wouldn't that have been neat).  Four foot putt.  I walk to the tee with a 6i and my driver and I said "this club is smart, this one is fun" - caddies voted on driver.  Great shot, especially with a rental.

Bill - 

Played Monroe Golf Club. Put up a 49-49 split. Dissapointing number, but very encouraging results. 

After making a double on one, I made a quad on the par three two thanks to a pulled drive, and two duffed chips that only moved two feet. Add in a three putt and my round was off to a horrible start. 

I got to three and decided to just forget the bad start and continue focusing on what I have been working on with my swing mechanics. I then went on to put up 13 straight holes of bogie or par (12 bogies) before fatiguing a bit to finish the last three holes double, double, quad. The quad on 18 was a lazy blocked drive that left me in trouble to the right and I just brain darted and made poor decisions which only compounded the trouble. 

So bottom line, bad start and finish but in between was 13 holes that were exactly what I am trying to do at this point as a 22 handicap. 

The swing is improving greatly. (oh, and I putted very well. If not for a second straight round of poor chipping I would have been at least 5-7 shots better) 

Played yesterday with my dad prepping for CC tourn this Sat. Admittedly an easier course (slopes at 121), but it was fun. 

82 (39/43) - diff 11.4

FW: 13/14

GIR: 11/18

Putts: 37 with 2 three-putts

**still couldn't complete the "No 6's" challenge 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Had a personal best 83 yesterday. 12 over at my local club. I was delighted with that. 8 pars and two birdies. My driver is letting me down big time but my irons are going very well for the most part. If i can find the fairway with my driver I tend to have a good score. 

Screenshot_20180903-200025.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

29 stableford points today - didn't play badly at all, but putted like Ernie Els with the yips, which cost me a lot of shots. Not to worry, one of my playing partners, new to the game and playing off 30 got 41 pts, so wouldn't have had a chance either way.

Front 9 I shoot 38. 2 missed short par putts and a 3 putt from being -1 35. Then the heat beat the piss out of me and just fell apart. Took 4 penalty strokes en route to a 46 on back. Very frustrating to blow what was such a great start and throw it away! The stretch of 11-13 where I went double, bogey, triple, sucked! 

Yesterday shot an 83 with 4 - 3 putts

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Shot 100 on Saturday at Kiva dunes on my family vacation. Started Birdie, Bogey, Par, bogey, Bogey which is a fabulous start for me. Was in the riove until the 6th hole the wind started to pick up and by the ninth the wind was gusting well above 30 mph! I smoked a 8 iron on a par 3 8th....it was a 130 yards downhill and into the wind. 8 iron is my 140 club. Beautiful contact and the result was....115 yards and short of the green! On 18 I smoked a H3....into the wind a whopping 125 yards hahaha! Most brutal wind I have ever played in. Anywhere from a 3 to 6 club difference depending on the hole.  Only one or two holes played downwind all day. 

73, 70 & 70 this weekend. Course is playing more difficult than a few months ago, rough is up, there's like four to five different types of grasses around the greens and the greens are slow or dying.

Club championship is coming up and it's three rounds of medal play so I was looking at this weekend as a pre-tourney and -3 would have won it last year by three. I think the closest player to me this weekend was +5. So hopefully a sign of good things to come 💪

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram