Jump to content
iacas

What'd You Shoot Today?

16,603 posts / 315797 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

After an ugly 84 yesterday, came back with a 74 (38-36) today. 2 bogeys in the front, a bogey and birdie in the back. 14 pars. 13 GIRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Played Legacy in AZ.  Shot 95 yesterday from the white tees, 5958 yds, and 91 from the blacks, 6378 yds.  The difference in the rounds was putting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

94 today at Grandview - 9 one putts, 6 two putts and 3 three putts. Hit 10 of 14 fairways but only 2 GIR and those were par 3s. Muffed shots were mostly fat where they used to be topped shots. Not sure if that's an improvement but at least it's a change...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it is Father's Day, so I had to go out and play. Like I need an excuse.

Started out with 13 straight pars, then a bogey crept in, par on 15, double on 16, and finished off with pars for a 36-39, 75 total.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Well, it is Father's Day, so I had to go out and play. Like I need an excuse.

Started out with 13 straight pars, then a bogey crept in, par on 15, double on 16, and finished off with pars for a 36-39, 75 total.

 

That should be the U.S. Open winning score on the final day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday was 18 holes.  Warm-up was solid, nice work on the range after physical warm-ups and the Whip.  

Played a familiar course: Wigwam red in AZ.  Weather was coolest it has been in almost two weeks. 

5578 from forward tees, 73.20/128, no significant wind

Total: 94 with 39 Putts (one of my poorest this year, left way too many longer putts)

10 penalty assessments, 4 OB, 2 went for a swim.  OB shots finished left and 3 of 4 were barely OB, but they were OB. Playing partner I was assigned seemed somewhat shocked I counted all the penalties and I am sure he used his foot wedge a few times! I tended to ignore him.

 6 FIR and 0 GIR. 5 Pars, 6 Bogies, 5 DB and 2 TB. So, about an average round. Handicap is now 17.2.  

I am consistently in the mid 90's, some times higher, some lower.  Seem to have settled into a base for most rounds.  Tend to play from forward tees with 5600-5900 lengths.  After all the rounds now, I write down specific swing or round planning items to work on during the week.  

If weather cools down this week, will try to get out twice on a course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Sunday was 18 holes.  Warm-up was solid, nice work on the range after physical warm-ups and the Whip.  

Played a familiar course: Wigwam red in AZ.  Weather was coolest it has been in almost two weeks. 

5578 from forward tees, 73.20/128, no significant wind

Total: 94 with 39 Putts (one of my poorest this year, left way too many longer putts)

10 penalty assessments, 4 OB, 2 went for a swim.  OB shots finished left and 3 of 4 were barely OB, but they were OB. Playing partner I was assigned seemed somewhat shocked I counted all the penalties and I am sure he used his foot wedge a few times! I tended to ignore him.

 6 FIR and 0 GIR. 5 Pars, 6 Bogies, 5 DB and 2 TB. So, about an average round. Handicap is now 17.2.  

I am consistently in the mid 90's, some times higher, some lower.  Seem to have settled into a base for most rounds.  Tend to play from forward tees with 5600-5900 lengths.  After all the rounds now, I write down specific swing or round planning items to work on during the week.  

If weather cools down this week, will try to get out twice on a course.

I played in AZ this week and it was 104 degrees!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's been awhile so why not go over more than one.

Weekend was good, 79, 79, and 72 (24 putts - 10 putts on the back 9).  Overall this year has been good as my handicap is currently sitting at 5.2 and while it's a year late I finally have hit the goal I set out at the beginning of last year (to get to a 5).  I've been much more consistent this year as evidenced by the list of scores attached (it's slightly out of date as I've since lowered my handicap below the trending 5.3 on that).  I've shot 72 4 times since April 17th and have been frustratingly close at breaking par for the second time in my life.  The 72 I shot yesterday required I birdie the last 3 holes to get a 71, unfortunately I fell just short (not that it was all that likely to begin with).

 

Handicap.jpg

Edited by baller7345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played my first round match in our Men's Club summer long match play tournament yesterday.  I had to give my opponent 5 strokes, and knowing that he beats me straight up sometimes, I was concerned. This was probably the most I have ever stayed focused in a round of golf.  Despite shanking a wedge from the middle of the fairway on #7, I still made an improbable up and down from the woods. We were all square through 16 and he finally flinched on 17 and 18.  I shot even par 72 and won 2 up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saturday I played a 9 hole course (6200 yards from the white tees) and shot a 47, my best round of the year. This was the first time I have ever played this course, which I can see from the front door of my office (250 yards to the #9 tee).  It is very forgiving with the rough being cut almost as short as the fairways with some 1 pond,  several well spaced trees, a couple bunkers, and a roadway being the only trouble to deal with. The fairways are in decent condition but the greens were very slow. It is really perfect for my level of play right now.  $25 for my son and I to ride a cart.  Next time we will walk. The courses closer to home that I usually play are very hilly and narrow with deeper rough and dense woods that make it much more difficult on my game right now.  They cost a little more too, but have better greens and 18 holes. The best part is that I beat my son by a stroke even though he can usually out drive me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, The Flush said:

Saturday I played a 9 hole course (6200 yards from the white tees) and shot a 47, my best round of the year. This was the first time I have ever played this course, which I can see from the front door of my office (250 yards to the #9 tee).  It is very forgiving with the rough being cut almost as short as the fairways with some 1 pond,  several well spaced trees, a couple bunkers, and a roadway being the only trouble to deal with. The fairways are in decent condition but the greens were very slow. It is really perfect for my level of play right now.  $25 for my son and I to ride a cart.  Next time we will walk. The courses closer to home that I usually play are very hilly and narrow with deeper rough and dense woods that make it much more difficult on my game right now.  They cost a little more too, but have better greens and 18 holes. The best part is that I beat my son by a stroke even though he can usually out drive me.

Your son let you win because it was Father's Day weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I continue to flail away this Spring.  84 (70.5/118).  I joked with some friends that for me, "84 is the new 79" as far as scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41-45-86

Only four greens in regulation and If I couldn't chip and putt, I wouldn't have broken 90. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

101 today. 54 on the front with 2 quadruple bogeys. Aye yi yi. Got it back together a bit on the back for 47. Hit a 3 wood where it all came together and my swing felt like Mcilroy's looks. Good right side bend and held the perfect follow through. Now if I could just do it more than once in a row...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woods Valley GC. Escondido, Ca. 43-42. Nice morning, marine layer stayed the whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...