IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

23 hours ago, sedmo said:

Also, considering taking NO balls to save travel weight and buying once there. Is that nuts?

I always take golf balls with me when I travel.  I do clean out my golf bag so I'm not taking a bunch of non-essential junk, and get rid of random old golf balls that have accumulated.  I also use a small travel scale to be sure my golf bag stays under the 50-pound limit, both going and returning.  I usually can fit my clubs (in my normal Ping Hoofer bag), balls, 2 pairs of shoes, and some raingear or other outerwear in the travel bag and stay under the weight limit.

My travel plans for the year include 2 weeks in Palm Springs (late January to early February), staying with friends who have a second home there.  Around March 1 I'll be in Richmond, VA for a 3-day USGA Rules Workshop.  I think of this as a golf trip, even though I won't be playing any golf at all.  Then in early April I'll be in Southern Pines, NC, for the Golfer's Journal "Retreat at Mid Pines."  Looks like a pretty full schedule this Spring!

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Reason considering taking no balls is to make room for the rock/desert club. Driver draw has been maturing into a full-blown hook, so I'll miss a fairway or 2. 🤯. Or can you get/rent a rock club at the courses or golf shops?

• 4 weeks later...

My last golf trip was in October when a friend and I drove down to Indiana (3 hours) for 3 days of golfing. My next trip is Feb 13 to 18 in Florida. We are staying in a condo in Celebration, FL. The weather is got to be better than it is now in Michigan.

San Antonio Texas in March.  Going to play 36 a day for 4 days.  La Cantera Resort and Palmer courses, Canyon Springs, Olympia Hills, The Bandit, Silverhorn, The Quarry, and Cedar Creek.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I leave in just over a week for Palm Springs, where I'll be for about 2 weeks of sunshine and golf.

Hopefully you don't ignore your duties at TST.  We'll be expecting daily reports. 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Heading To Florida on Friday, stopping in Hilton Head on the way to play a round of golf at one of the Club Corp courses, not sure which one yet.  Then playing Disney, Palms and Lake Buena Vista, then both Mission Inn courses and finally for my group event at Orange County National. 

Yes, I am addicted to golf.  :beer:

• Thumbs Up 1

If the weather breaks just the right way in the next week or two, I may head to exotic Kettering, OH and play the renowned Community Golf Club. 

Going to San Antonio for 7 rounds in 5 days starting March 4th. Me and two others are driving up from Houston and meeting 6 co-workers from Ohio.  The Houston guys have only missed one week due to weather, but the Ohio guys have been snowed in for a couple of months, so they are pretty psyched about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 3 rounds coming up in Laughlin Nevada area next week.  Haven't golfed since beginning of October.  Probably got 2 months until the courses around here open, so hoping I don't go crazy from getting a taste of golf again.

19 minutes ago, SG11118 said:

Got 3 rounds coming up in Laughlin Nevada area next week.  Haven't golfed since beginning of October.  Probably got 2 months until the courses around here open, so hoping I don't go crazy from getting a taste of golf again.

I’m in Laughlin right now. Played Laughlin Ranch yesterday and it was fantastic. Delightful surprise. 

On 2/25/2022 at 11:44 AM, Chris Brooks said:

I’m in Laughlin right now. Played Laughlin Ranch yesterday and it was fantastic. Delightful surprise. 

We have 8 guys going and for some reason, and most of them golf there a couple times a year.  For whatever reason we are skipping LR this time.  Playing El Rio, Mojave, and Cerbot Cliffs.

(edited)

Got back from our annual pinehurst trip last week.  Mid Pines, Pine Needles, Southern Pines, #2, and #4.  Got rained out of Tobacco.  

Southern Pines was the only new course for us and it was fantastic.  

Edited by dsc123
  • Like 1

Headed to play in Southern UT and Eastern NV this weekend.  Wolf Creek (NV), Copper Rock, Coral Canyon, Ledges (UT).  Have played them all but Copper Rock.

Going to play in Kohler WI late May. Doing the “To Dye For” package (all four courses at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straights).  Adding on The Bull while out there.  On the drive out playing Wild Horse in NE and Blue Top Ridge in IA.

Just starting to map out my season.  My wife & I will do our annual trip to Garland, other than that I have no clue.

as with everything, the “Golf show special” went from $119 to $159.  That is only a minor deal.  I can book the same in June for $160, just no breakfast…BUT I can book tee times now.  with the coupons cannot book until after April 6th and, once I can get through on the phone to them, dates & times will be limited.  I’ll buy my own breakfast.

(edited)

We are playing Garland 3 days before Father's Day.   I'm looking forward to playing there.

I've booked tee times at Oleander, Indian Mound, Sea Palms, Sanctuary and King and Prince.    Excited! 

Edited by dennyjones