IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

8 hours ago, Moose68 said:

Newbie here at TST - headed to Montgomery, AL for a few weeks in Jan/Feb.   I'm planning to play 6-8 rounds - any "can't miss" recommendations other than the RTJ courses?

Not sure how the weather will cooperate but we played there early December last year and it was great. Ok from my small experience I really enjoyed The Judge and The Senator there at Capitol Hill, not a fan of the Marriott there. There’s a 3rd Course there, all part of the RTJ trail. Then head an hour east, or was it 2? And visit Opelika where there is nicer Marriott plus 2 beautiful courses The Lakes and the other one, plus there’s a fun par there, best par 3 I’vebeen to. 

Welcome to the TST, have a great trip. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iSank said:

Not sure how the weather will cooperate but we played there early December last year and it was great. Ok from my small experience I really enjoyed The Judge and The Senator there at Capitol Hill, not a fan of the Marriott there. There’s a 3rd Course there, all part of the RTJ trail. Then head an hour east, or was it 2? And visit Opelika where there is nicer Marriott plus 2 beautiful courses The Lakes and the other one, plus there’s a fun par there, best par 3 I’vebeen to. 

Welcome to the TST, have a great trip. 

Thanks - and as long as it gets to the high 40's or above, I'm willing to go play golf.  So - hopefully it'll be a mild winter up there.

• 1 month later...

Going to Destin in 3 weeks.  Not sure what courses I’ll play yet. Visiting my uncle who is living there for the winter for the first time.   But really looking forward to just playing especially with all the winter weather here.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• 2 weeks later...

I have traveled quite a bit to play this game. Have been blessed. I am off to an area have never been in early May. SW England. The primary draw being to get to St Enodoc.  I have a group of about 25 guys I normally reach out to and ask to come along when I set up trips....Only one guy had interest in joining. So the itinerary is Heathrow....drive to Burnham& Berrows. Then play Saunton East and West, Royal North Devon, Trevose, Perranporth and last St Enodoc….I traveled to Wales a few years ago and this area is around the bend from there...and as I am retired and so is my bud tagging along....I thought WTFN....so we shall play Pennard and Royal Porthcawl and then the cherry on top is we finish at Sunningdale with Old and New. 10 days 11 rounds rental van and hotels for under $2500...Air $600...For those who go to Ireland....Wales is way cheaper and the Welsh are the friendliest blokes you will ever meet.

I've been thinking of playing Glen Abbey sometime this summer. It seems like it may be on the verge of being developed over, and I've been meaning to take in a Blue Jays game in Toronto.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Less than 4 weeks till I head down to Orlando.  This will be our 4th year in a row heading down there. With this polar vortex about to hit the Midwest I can’t wait to get out of here. 

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

• iacas changed the title to Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago, but have nothing planned until Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst.  There's a small chance I'll get to Las Vegas in October, but that's largely out of my hands.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 3jacker said:

I'm working on a connection to play Pine Valley.  It's nothing solid yet, but I'm giving it all I've got.

Played it once. I tell guys...Drive up to the entrance area...The drive to the place is one way in/out. You think you are lost...At end of a sketchy area is a 90 degree turn over rail tracks into PV...I tell guys park your car near the end there. Act like you are changing a tire. First person driving in that stops and asks....Say You wanna play...better than 50/50 they will say yes.

• Like 1

Travelling to Scotland (from Norway) with 5 friends and are playing seven rounds of golf in four days. 

Playing four courses north of Aberdeen:
* Murcar
* Cruden Bay - probably the best course in Scotland I've played. Played this last year.
* Peterhead
* Fraserburgh

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, Osnola said:

eI will be in North Padre Island, TX in May for a week.  Plans are to fish twice and play golf 3 times...Not sure yet what courses are available in the Corpus Christi area, but I am sure I will be able to find some...

Catch a Corpus Christi Hooks game.  AA of the Houston Astros.  Great Stadium, good food, and affordable.  Oso Beach and Palmilla Beach are two options for golf.  CC has several courses, none I would consider great.

Edited by Philo

Well it’s that all too familiar process; remove all metal heads, wash all golf apparel, get a fresh dozen from the local golf shop. Tomorrow it’s a flight to Lanai, Tuesday I’ll take the boat to Maui. The island’s top 2 courses, Plantation and Wailea Gold are out and aerated. So it’s the Bay, then Wailea Emerald then on day 6 either emerald again or blue, maybe Silversword. Six days, six games. 

Maui hotels now seem busy, I almost brought my tent to camp. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I'm planning a trip to Pinehurst.  After hours of research, I think I've got the golf and accommodations lined up.  Now the only thing left is the formats for the rounds, money games, the food, and the extra curriculars.

I guess Cancun. My Daughter just finished spending a week there. After a conversation with her Mom, my wife has decided we should go there again. Not sure when, as she will set it all up on her nickle...lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 2 months later...

Heading to Reno the last week of June.  There should be at least a couple dozen of us.  Playing Wolf Run, Wildcreek, Arrowcreek and Lakeridge.  I've never been, so if anyone has any info, I am all ears!