IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

Won my first formal 18 hole tournament ever (Net Stableford, in my flight).  Not quite sure how I feel about claiming it, as it’s not my ultimate goal.  Ultimately my goal is to win a tournament Gross (in my flight), but a win is still a win?

Edited by Denny Bang Bang
add 18 hole
  • Thumbs Up 4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Achieved the 5 minute daily practice award!

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 5/22/2023 at 8:41 PM, klineka said:

Achieved the 5 minute daily practice award!

Which you have been able to award yourself for over three years… 😉

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got an eagle on Saturday. 

Short 291-yard par four (Yankee Trace, Vintage course, No. 8). Much to my surprise and the group in front of us, I drove the green. It was the longest drive I can recall hitting without significant cart-path involvement. Certainly didn't think for a second I had chance to reach them. Fortunately, they didn't throw my ball into the water hazard.

Had about an eight-footer left. It seemed to sit on the lip forever before it dropped. 

Really cool also that I got to play that round with the guy that introduced me to golf in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Had my longest drive I would say ever. 4th hole at a tournament at Disney Palms, 400yards or so. Hit a 331 yard drive. I was driving the ball well all day, keeping it in play, good distance. I don't know if it hit a sprinkler head, got caught in the jet stream, hit it on the screws, that ball took of with a quickness. Hit to left rough, took a gap wedge from 86 stuck it to 4 ft of the hole and 2 putted for F's sake.  Later in the day I hit one 281 and then proceeded to shank 2 56's into the water. LOL.  A few Snell's found a watery grave that day. God rest their souls. Sorry Dean for your loss.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by snapfade
insert shot scope
  • Thumbs Up 2

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I have two hole-in-ones on the same hole, 25 years apart.

In a strange category, I have eagled all four of the par 5's on my home course on approach shots, none inside 110 yards. 130 yards, 160 yards, 145 yards and 110 yards. Why on the par 5's, I don't know. Never holed one out on a par 4. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bill M

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
On 8/3/2023 at 11:30 PM, reidsou said:

Broke par (finally!) with 69 from the white tees at Wing Point Country Club on July 25. It's a par 71 course. One eagle, 4 birdies, 9 pars, and 4 bogeys. Finished birdie, birdie, par on #16-18. 

Congrats! Added (and "Broke 80" removed).

On 8/21/2023 at 8:15 AM, mcanadiens said:

Finally got an eagle on Saturday. 

Does "almost forever" mean way, way beyond ten seconds? 😄 

On 8/21/2023 at 1:39 PM, snapfade said:

Had my longest drive I would say ever.

Congrats. There's no achievement for this, though. 😄 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, phan52 said:

I have two hole-in-ones on the same hole, 25 years apart.

In a strange category, I have eagled all four of the par 5's on my home course on approach shots, none inside 110 yards. 130 yards, 160 yards, 145 yards and 110 yards. Why on the par 5's, I don't know. Never holed one out on a par 4. 

Both added (eagles and holes in one). Boom for you!

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Does "almost forever" mean way, way beyond ten seconds? 😄 

I'd say a solid five seconds anyway. 

Actually, thinking back on it, it was probably no more than a second and a half. It just felt like five. I hadn't even started walking toward the hole when it went in. 

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

Congrats. What were conditions like?

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Congrats. What were conditions like?

Decent. The greens were a little bumpy, but more than offset by them being receptive. Some areas of heavy leaves so luckily, I kept my drives out of those and did not lose a ball. 

• 2 months later...

Just rejoined after a long hiatius and looking to improve from the 18 I've been and on a quest to 10. 

Since them I've gotten eagles and have broken 90, are awards still being given?  

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

• Administrator
On 1/25/2024 at 1:47 PM, Mrd19abhs said:

Just rejoined after a long hiatius and looking to improve from the 18 I've been and on a quest to 10. 

All set! Congrats.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:47 PM, Mrd19abhs said:

I'll give you an award if you play Diamond Hill.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

17 hours ago, snapfade said:

I'll give you an award if you play Diamond Hill.

I do play DH. I live 5 minutes from the course. 

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

• 1 month later...

Holed out from 90 yards for my first eagle. Apparently that's the solution to my poor putting.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
6 hours ago, billchao said:

Holed out from 90 yards for my first eagle. Apparently that's the solution to my poor putting.

Shit I didn't realize it was your first eagle ever! Congrats.