IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

I'm surprised scoring is so low. I figured it would be higher after Spieth burned the course to the ground last year.

Although, Rory is T9 at -1, so it's not that low.

The key is it's very soft. If it didn't rain last night the leading score would be around 2 or 3-under. The soft conditions are helping these guys out a lot.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Sheesh, Bubba is melting down like a fudge bar in Abu Dhabi.

I had the sinus infection that was going around. Trust me he is still significantly weak / off from where he was. Took me almost a week and half to feel 100%.

And Danny Lee has a bolt from the blue back 9...and just pull-hooked it on 18. <sorry for the jinx, man>

Ernie Els clearly loves golf. With his start you'd think he'd be hang-dogging the whole round, but just hit a great shot into 16.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

This is just a guess, but Augusta may not fit Rickie's game.

But the pants ... they did not waiver in the wind.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

Day is cooling wayyyy off here

Everybody on the course besides Lee and Poulter are cooling off. The wind is really taking its toll on the back nine.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

9 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

This is just a guess, but Augusta may not fit Rickie's game.

How so. He's leading the 'all around' category so far this season.

Kevin

Day going from a front 9 31 to +4 on the back 9 so far. Yikes.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

11 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

Day is cooling wayyyy off here

He just $hit the bed with a triple on 16.  Ouch. Hold it together, brother. 

31 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Masters.com is awesome, I wish I could watch all the Majors this way. 

2016-04-07 16.40.29.jpg

That is superb. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

8 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Everybody on the course besides Lee and Poulter are cooling off. The wind is really taking its toll on the back nine.

Dammit, Rory! Stop making my prognostications look bad!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

That wind is tough to judge on 12 and 13... on the tee they couldn't feel the wind pushing the ball right. 

Is it just me or does Dottie Pepper seem a little out of place?

I promise I'm just wondering, she sounds like she's a little confused about things.

I missed why Jason had to lay-up at 15, was in the other room getting a putting lesson from Alina. 

Els after his 7-putt on No. 1 is only +1 since... 

I don't know about you guys but I think they might not be using the 10 shot rule this year. Could just be top 50 and ties, with only 89 in the field.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

34 minutes ago, natureboy said:

How so. He's leading the 'all around' category so far this season.

Rickie: +8 with at least one snowman today. But the pants were good.

I've always heard that Augusta favors a a big, high draw, and from what I heard today, that is not Rickie's game. And he played in the morning in favorable conditions.

Day disappeared in a flash!

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Lots of nutty stuff today. As bad as the Els 7 putt was Angel's chunked pitch into the water was worse IMO. Seeing a pro do that is just :-O.

Dave :-)

Something different about Rory this week. Looks a lot more relaxed. Doesn't have that pressing look like he sometimes has in majors. Maybe that's the key to finally getting a jacket.

Note: This thread is 2938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!