IGNORED

What is your birdie conversion rate from GIR?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is your birdie conversion rate from GIR position?  and your HI?    This is an informal survey of how golfers with different skill level convert their GIRs to birdies.   

I have HI of about 15 and convert 8% of GIR putts into birdies.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

~40% over my last two rounds, but that's an absurd anomaly.  ;). I set a record high with 5 birdies two rounds ago (on 11 GIR) and I made one birdie last round on only 3 GIR because I putted from the fringe about 5 or 6 times.

Real answer has to be about 15% or something, I imagine.  I probably average 7-8 GIR, and 1-ish birdie per round.  (Handicap is 4.1 right now)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

~40% over my last two rounds, but that's an absurd anomaly.  ;). I set a record high with 5 birdies two rounds ago (on 11 GIR) and I made one birdie last round on only 3 GIR because I putted from the fringe about 5 or 6 times.

Real answer has to be about 15% or something, I imagine.  I probably average 7-8 GIR, and 1-ish birdie per round.  (Handicap is 4.1 right now)

Damn dude, 4.1?  Wow.  I think you and I were about even when I joined here a couple years ago, 6-something.  You're going in the right direction, I'm headed the other way.  I'm actually at 9.4 at the minute but haven't updated here cuz it's painful and I consider it temporary ;-).  Hand pain gone, actually went to the range this week, 1st time in a year.  So, I plan to throw down a 78 or so and be back under 9 by end of day, fingers crossed.  Keep rolling.

No idea what my birdie conversion rate is, I'd guess pretty respectable cuz my putting never left me.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

According to GAME GOLF, I have 68% GIR and 13% birdies.

13%/68% (I almost never chip in for birdie) = 19.12%.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

What is your birdie conversion rate from GIR position?  and your HI?    

Since the beginning of May, I have hit 45.3% of greens in regulation [367/810].  Those GIR's converted to 10.9% or 40 birdies.  My current index is 8.3 and it typically varies from 9.5 to 7.5 over the course of a season.

Those numbers are better than the entire year as I play in almost all conditions from January to December and the stats get a bit thin playing on fuzzy, debris strewn, semi-frozen surfaces.

Brian Kuehn

Using GameGolf like @iacas I have 31% GiR and 3% birdies which comes out to 9.6% conversion of GiR to birdie. Pretty bad :-(

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

9 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Using GameGolf like @iacas I have 31% GiR and 3% birdies which comes out to 9.6% conversion of GiR to birdie. Pretty bad :-(

Where are you guys finding GIR percentage? I can't find it. :8)

- Shane

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

Where are you guys finding GIR percentage? I can't find it. :8)

On the summary for you. Where is shows your GG handicap, average score, etc. Shows 27% GiR for you.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I really don't track stats, so a guesstimate...

I probably average 6-7 GIR per round and probably 2-3 birdies every 3 rounds or so.  So somewhere well under 15%, probably closer to 10%. 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

So what does a Pro HI equate to? The possibility's are endless. 

I don't know what you're asking. I'm about a +1 right now according to GAME GOLF. Pros don't keep handicap indexes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This has been frustrating for me. In my last say 5 rounds I've hit a solid number of GIR. Between 6 and 8 each round. I cannot seem to ever convert for birdie. The thing is, I feel like I'm putting very well. I'm always getting it super close to the hole. A tremendous drop in 3-putts. It's just never going in on the first putt. It's killing me. I seriously may have had 1 birdie in my last 5 rounds shooting mid to high eighties. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

0% birdie conversion.  Even worse, I'm probably hovering a little under 50% for converting GIRs into pars.

GG says i'm a 19.5 HI.  Taking my entire summer into account, I'm about a 24.

Lifetime according to Game Golf, 8.3%. Last 10 rounds though is something like 1.8%; I only made 1 birdie and it was a 2-putt on a par 5. I've been hitting more GIR and not making birdies due to my putting.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I usually don't keep stats, but I would guess I'm around 10% with the 6-8 GIR's I normally hit and 1-ish birdie a round. But this weekend, the first day of play I made 4 birdies out of 9 GIR's, then 3 birdies on 7 GIR's and then 1 on 7 GIR's.  So that is about 34% (8 out of 23)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!