IGNORED

Most birdies in a round?

Note: This thread is 1587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is most birdies you've had in a single round?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Most birdies in a single round?

• one
    • two
    • three
    • four
    • five
    • six
    • seven or more
    • I have never made a birdie

Just now, Shindig said:

Do we really need a "0" option?  That would literally mean "I've never had a birdie," which I think just about anyone who has been playing enough to get on an internet forum has had, even if just by accident.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think you'd be surprised

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I think you'd be surprised

You're probably right.  I got a birdie very quickly in my "playing" time, so I think I've always assumed everyone had one. 

i had two...... the bad part....... it was like 15 years ago..... 1 of them was a par 3, one of the first couple of holes and i hit the tee shot to less than a foot of the pin.... no lie i was nervous AF cuz everyone in my group was like heyyyy dont misssssssss lol.......      and then on hole 9 ( dont ask me how i remember it )   i nail my tee shot straight ( absolute bomb ) on a slight dogleg left.... and it goes into the trees on the right side... and we all hear it smack a tree.... and we all see the ball shoot back out into the fairway for another 75 yards..... i then smoke a 5 iron onto the green,, and i am putting for eagle   ( par 5 )  i barely miss the eagle and tap in for birdie.....     

5 birdies and 1 eagle, shot 70.

I played the par 5's(3 of them) in 9 holes in -5 once. 2 birdies and a double eagle. My playing partner birdied 3 of the other 6 holes for a best ball of -8 for nine holes.

I had 4 birdies in a round earlier this year. I don't hit as many greens as I used to.

I have had 2 rounds with 3 birdies, One 3 years ago when I shot a 76. And one last July 27 when I shot 82. 

Just for the record, I finally broke my 12 or so round birdie drought last Saturday during the City Championship. Hopefully I saved them all up for Consolation skins tomorrow. 

5 for me, ended up with a 74. So I played 13 holes at 7 over, not much of a mystery on what happened. I had 3 about a month ago and ended up with a 77. I guess I just can't handle the pressure of playing decent on rare occasions.

41 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

5 for me, ended up with a 74. So I played 13 holes at 7 over, not much of a mystery on what happened. I had 3 about a month ago and ended up with a 77. I guess I just can't handle the pressure of playing decent on rare occasions.

Join the club, I think most of us who are just amateurs have a problem with going low. We get too caught up in what we might shoot that round and put too much pressure on our game. 

I recall a round a few years back in which I had 9 bogies, 4 pars, and 5 birdies for a 76. It was an up and down round for sure. I don't think I have ever had a round in which I had more birdies than pars other than that one! 

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how many people are voting 7 or more. 

I'm hitting tons of GIR now and even though I THINK I'm becoming a very good putter... I do not make first putts apparently. TONS of lip outs from all sorts of distances but I just never make them. I have tons of tap in pars. I feel like that makes me a "good putter" but seriously... My actual 1-putt make stats are garbage.

Note: This thread is 1587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!