IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, OSSO BUCCO said:

It is far easier to call any COSTCO to check.  It is Item # 1081660.  They will also tell you what clubs do have any stock.  I got the last box in the Palm Beach, FL club. 

Just called my local store which then told me to call the Temecula store 80 miles away, and they're sold out. I had this plan in my mind to drop by on the way down to San Diego to pick some up, but they're sold out this morning. They sold out in an hour or so. :scared:

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If they truly sold out in an hour with no advertising or any other notification that the balls are available in stores, makes you wonder how many employees are snatching them up and selling on eBay :)

Chris - Single Length Irons Guy

No Driver (yep)
Pinhawk Single Length Fairway Woods ( 3, 5, 7 )
Pinhawk SL Single Length Irons ( 4 thru PW ) 
Pinhawk SL Single Length Wedges ( A, S, L )
Happy Putter

7 hours ago, Single Length Irons Guy said:

makes you wonder how many employees are snatching them up and selling on eBay :)

If you check Ebay, there are several sellers and the prices are about double.  Here's an extreme...

Kirkland.PNG

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The news was that Costco was restocking the ball. But not at my Costco. So, I bought 2-dozen Callaway Hex Soft to console myself. Great ball and price, IMHO. -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Picked up 10 dozen the other day.  Each pack has 24 balls and a limit of 5 packs per membership.  Costco employee said they went through the entire pallet in about 3 hours.  Have a bunch of Snell balls as well so I am not running out of golf balls anytime soon.  Will give some out to my buddies. 

13 minutes ago, Divotmaker77 said:

Will give some out to my buddies. 

I could use a friend....

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

16 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

The news was that Costco was restocking the ball. But not at my Costco. So, I bought 2-dozen Callaway Hex Soft to console myself. Great ball and price, IMHO. -Marv

Me too, played with that ball this morning.  My first 8 iron and my first PW to hit the greens with full swings stopped within inches of the ball mark.

So we know that the initial run of K-Sig balls were made from over-run cores that were made for TaylorMade by Nassau and sold to Costco for cheap.  There were only x amount of cores available, which is why when that run sold out, they were out of stock and there was no information on when/if they would be offered again.

Now that a second run was released at about 40 stores with a different model name (Performance One vs. Tour Performance) the only conclusion I can come to is it's a different ball.  There are 2 versions on the USGA Conforming List, which wouldn't be needed if it was the same ball, but they really haven't gone out of their way to mention that from what I know.

Does anyone have additional insight on this?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Am I the only one who feels stacking up on golf balls is a little over the top?

I play once a week, occasionally twice per week. I am a14.6 and I don't loose balls all that often. A box of 12 last me quite a bit. I also play mostly inexpensive 2 piece balls but sometimes 3 piece balls. I also find some decent balls in the course....stacking up  boxes doesn't compute for me. 

I'd love to buy Kirkland balls but probably no more than 2 dozens, even if they are a great deal.

No wonder why they ran out so fast. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hategolf said:

I play once a week, occasionally twice per week. I am a14.6 and I don't loose balls all that often. A box of 12 last me quite a bit. I also play mostly inexpensive 2 piece balls but sometimes 3 piece balls. I also find some decent balls in the course....stacking up  boxes doesn't compute for me. 

I'd love to buy Kirkland balls but probably no more than 2 dozens, even if they are a great deal.

No wonder why they ran out so fast. 

Yes, but people who shop at Costco are used to stocking up on stuff. :-D

I usually lose a ton of balls during practice rounds where I try different things with a driver or wood, but usually don't lose any during a round. I lost one into the street a couple weeks back, but that's it.

So, I might hit 5 balls then only pick up 3 or 4 which is why I lose balls. Ones that fly over two fairways are considered lost. . .

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 hours ago, Hategolf said:

Nope. I generally have 12 or less at nearly all times. 

When I need more I just play the par-3 course in town that is the lowest priority for the maintenance crews and find more balls in the rough.

46 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I don't get the hype for these balls.

It's an overrun of a premium quality ball, being sold for half the price.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

46 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I don't get the hype for these balls.

Price......that's about it. Much cheaper than other premium balls Performance wise, to me, they are up there with other balls but not above anything. I will definitely get more if I'm in Costco and they have them 

2 hours ago, chilepepper said:

Price......that's about it. Much cheaper than other premium balls Performance wise, to me, they are up there with other balls but not above anything. I will definitely get more if I'm in Costco and they have them 

2 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

It's an overrun of a premium quality ball, being sold for half the price.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

People are driving a long ways burning gas to get them. I get used ProV's and Callaway chrome softs for less than those costco balls. I even get top grade. Aren't Vice and my tour balls cheap too and pretty much the same ball?

Trollin' is the life

1 minute ago, MuniGrit said:

People are driving a long ways burning gas to get them. I get used ProV's and Callaway chrome softs for less than those costco balls. I even get top grade. Aren't Vice and my tour balls cheap too and pretty much the same ball?

Vice and MTB are about $30 a dozen (depending how you order them), and the K-Sig ball was $15 a dozen (2 for $30).  The original K-Sig ball (the Nassau tour overrun) was a nice ball... jury is still out on the new version (I haven't tried it yet).

I'm with you, I don't get people driving an hour to get them, or the people who actually pay $40 a dozen on eBay to get them.  At that price, just buy a ProV1.

I plan to continue to support the little guy, Snell.

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, Hategolf said:

I generally agree some people go overboard, having 10 dozen or more, but to each their own.  Maybe they can't resist a great deal.  I myself order the MTB in bulk to get the better price, but they do last a long time (still have have 2.5 dozen from my order last Spring).

On 4/11/2017 at 10:23 PM, Hategolf said:

4 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I generally agree some people go overboard, having 10 dozen or more, but to each their own.  Maybe they can't resist a great deal.  I myself order the MTB in bulk to get the better price, but they do last a long time (still have have 2.5 dozen from my order last Spring).

This probably seems a bit excessive then....

1233338_716430581717088_1390158968_n_b.jpg.77babb49552411748da2f80b59bcdf65.jpg

:banana:

• Upvote 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!