IGNORED

What are Your 2017 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 2327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 5:02 AM, Onintoo3putt said:

I'd like to break 80 once.  I had an 83 earlier this season with a (6) 3-putts so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  

Caution: Once will not be enough.

• Like 1

win more tournaments, i already won 2 this year. need to win the major events for the big prize money and trophies.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, Runnin said:

Caution: Once will not be enough.

It's funny you say that, because "break 80 at least once" was my 2017 golf goal, and when I did it in March, it sort of took the wind out of my sails. 

I was playing from the senior tees, on a par 71 course, but that doesn't matter to me, I broke 80 fair and square, and I was absolutely ecstatic about it.  

But then my motivation to play seemed to ebb. 

I guess I had been playing off and on for 40 years with that goal, break 80, and I had come close repeatedly, and when it finally happened, I sort of felt like, "what now?," and for several months after that, I seemed to lose my motivation.  I'm only now getting it back. 

Weird. 

2 hours ago, rickrwon said:

win more tournaments, i already won 2 this year. need to win the major events for the big prize money and trophies.

You can have your achievements, like winning tournaments, added to your profile.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 8/28/2017 at 7:46 AM, boogielicious said:

You can have your achievements, like winning tournaments, added to your profile.

oh, thank you. i really appreciate it.

Edited by RandallT
Moved response out of quote

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Started playing seriously again this year and started with a handicap of 28 (played off 13 when younger). 

At the start of the year I targeted 16 as my end of year handicap and as at today with maybe 1 or 2 competitions left before it gets too cold for me I am on 16.6. Relatively happy but know there is a lot more there as I am playing bounce games a lot closer to single figures player. Next year hoping to get down 10-12 range. 

Running out of time to be honest, what with only three months left in the year. But with the amateur season just about to start here, I want to bring my handicap down from 13.4 to 10. For that to happen, I'll need to play under my hc in competitive rounds, which is tough - but eminently doable. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 12:07 PM, Midpack said:

Having just resumed playing golf a month ago after a 15+ year layoff, my goal was to get back to shooting in the 80's consistently as I did back when. I've been to the driving range twice, took one lesson, played 9 alone twice, practiced putting a little and I've played three "official" 18-hole rounds so far and managed to get into the high 80's twice already (though on a very short local public course) - even with some laughably stupid/easily corrected mistakes. So my goal is in good shape. I guess I'll try to get my average into the low 80's and hopefully break 80 for 18 and/or 40 for 9 at least once yet this season (carded a 40 last Wed). And I am playing with 20 year old irons (pic left) & putter, but I did break down and buy some new but cheapo woods/metals TM RBZ's. My old putter has unfriended me so far so I may consider a new putter. With my modest goals, nothing wrong with my game that plenty of practice won't fix.

More than 4 months later - I'm pleasantly surprised! Started the year with a running 5 round HI of 18-20 and finished with a 12 on my last five rounds. Frankly I didn't expect to break 80 ever again, but managed a 79 and a 77 in September, I'll readily admit I was beside myself both times! I would attribute my revival (after 15 years idle) and improvement to:

• lots of rounds/practice (3-4 times/week),
  • finding a good pro and taking some lessons (that'll continue next Spring) and
  • Lowest Score Wins book (honestly, not patronizing) - Separation values, how to practice various shots and game planning (shot zones & decision mapping) - all very helpful!

I guess I'll have to set more ambitious goals for 2018, but not complaining, a good problem.

Now the trick is to try to avoid forgetting everything I learned over the Winter. :8)

Edited by Midpack
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like hitting  balls on the range. Because, I get bored doing it. I need to hit a lot more balls on the range.

Edited by CCC

• 2 weeks later...

My 2017 goal has nearly been achieved. It was just to start playing again. Thanks to a buddy that started inviting me out to play a few rounds I have the bug again. So I plan to just relearn to play this year and set some real goals for 2018.

My 2017 goal worked out pretty well for me. I played alot of golf, and didn't lose much. 

My 2018 goals have already been started. Back in October.  Just want to keep playing, while carding a few 79s, and 78s every once in a while. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I apparently forgot to post goals this year... Well there are two weeks left in the season so:

1. Play at least 2 rounds of golf.
  2. Finish the year with a sub-14 index.
  3. Break 80.

First goal is easy, second goal only takes one round with a 12 differential or less to achieve, and the last one probably isn't happening.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

We aren't doing the recap topic yet. Soon. December, maybe. Just like every other year. So hold on people. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to What are Your 2017 Golf Goals?
  • iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 2327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!