IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for adding me in there for consideration, @RandallT; I really appreciate the thought and I am very much interested. That is my B-Day weekend and so I'll check to make sure my wife doesn't have anything planned!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess as this evolves, would there be a particular hotel in which we would stay as a group? Would there be a cost for the weekend, like a registration fee or anything? This will be my first TST outing and so I'm not sure how this is normally done

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

36 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I guess as this evolves, would there be a particular hotel in which we would stay as a group? Would there be a cost for the weekend, like a registration fee or anything? This will be my first TST outing and so I'm not sure how this is normally done

Yes, going by past shindigs either myself or @DaveP043, @RandallT, @jsgolfer (DC locals) will/can help make some group arrangements for hotel rooms as things mature. Folks will have to settle costs individually for their rooms with the hotels obviously. Lot of time folks partner up to split room costs. Perfectly fine if someone wants to find their own accommodations too. You can reach out to someone you want to partner up. I would suggest to hold out till things firm up some more.

Cost wise it will depend a lot of number of participants as far as the clinics and golf is concerned. Erik will present cost information eventually for at least the clinics once a certain number of participants express solid interest and plans firm up.

Please add yourself to the list above to do so.

Vishal S.

10 hours ago, davechen said:

Definitely interested.. I think there's a strong chance I will bring my buddy @Kamal Chantal (technically a TST member although he isn't active). I will add him to the list once I know for sure.

• Upvote 1

-Jonny

13 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Amtrak has an auto train that would take me and my car up there, but around $800 and is slower. I swear I don't know how they stay in business. 

:-D

Vishal S.

@RandallT pointed me here, I'm interested as well, I live about 30 minutes away on the MD side, but can't lock anything down this early.

Gus
---------------

Time flies fast so, in planning ahead, please let me know if you need help when you have things more sorted out for lodging arrangements for either hotel or an executive apartment like below close to an airport, metro, dining, etc.  an apartment winds up costing less per person per room if you decide to share and has more amenities.

http://www.executiveapartmentsusa.com/theapartments/gramercy/pentagoncity-thegramercy.htm

add my name to the list of interested as well. have never been to a clinic but would definitely consider coming to something like this. I will certainly follow-up as i sure up my plans for the spring.

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

As @GolfLug and @Hatchman say, those of us who live nearby can advise on hotels.  The golf course is in Round Hill, which is basically the middle of nowhere.  The nearest hotels will be in Leesburg.  I live in Reston, and the towns of Herndon, Sterling, and Ashburn are between me and the golf course.  with enough people, something like vrbo.com might work out.

As for the cost of golf, I'll work out the best deal I can, once we get a better handle on the number of players.  Last year our guest fee was $75, so that would be the top end.  The cost to attend a clinic would be separate.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, going by past shindigs either myself or @DaveP043, @RandallT, @jsgolfer (DC locals) will/can help make some group arrangements for hotel rooms as things mature. Folks will have to settle costs individually for their rooms with the hotels obviously. Lot of time folks partner up to split room costs. Perfectly fine if someone wants to find their own accommodations too. You can reach out to someone you want to partner up. I would suggest to hold out till things firm up some more.

Cost wise it will depend a lot of number of participants as far as the clinics and golf is concerned. Erik will present cost information eventually for at least the clinics once a certain number of participants express solid interest and plans firm up.

Please add yourself to the list above to do so.

If I remember correctly I stayed at Candlewood? It was a really good price and very nice room. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

If I remember correctly I stayed at Candlewood? It was a really good price and very nice room. 

Are you adding your name to the list?

- Shane

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Are you adding your name to the list?

I may be, I'm getting a little resistance at home unfortunately.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

2 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I may be, I'm getting a little resistance at home unfortunately.

If you're interested, then put yourself on the list. You're not signing in blood or anything. ;-)

- Shane

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!