IGNORED

PGA Tour deletes tweet that says ams have no idea what they're doing

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was a photo of a dog on a surfboard and said amateurs are basically the dog, they have no idea what they're doing (in golf, duh). It's since been deleted but here's a screenshot. There is truth to the statement, but euphemizing "You suck!", you're sure to anger some of your demographic.

PGATourTweetDogA.jpg?token=YfA0y3q8L7gpd

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Uhhhhhh.

Tone deaf much?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It was a photo of a dog on a surfboard and said amateurs are basically the dog, they have no idea what they're doing (in golf, duh). It's since been deleted but here's a screenshot. There is truth to the statement, but euphemizing "You suck!", you're sure to anger some of your demographic.

Yeah, that will help remove the idea that golfers are elitist who think they are better than everyone else, especially the ones associated with the PGA.

The above post really just pissed me off, and I will never buy, participate, or defend the PGA in any way shape or form.  

If it wasn't for me actually liking golf I would quit if I thought it would do harm to the PGA financially.. unfortinatly it won't and I like golf.  But f*** them.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

That's the way to grow the game.

/s

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Yeah, that will help remove the idea that golfers are elitist who think they are better than everyone else, especially the ones associated with the PGA.

The above post really just pissed me off, and I will never buy, participate, or defend the PGA in any way shape or form.  

If it wasn't for me actually liking golf I would quit if I thought it would do harm to the PGA financially.. unfortinatly it won't and I like golf.  But f*** them.

PGA Tour, Eyad.

I understand sometimes not getting this right in a rush. Not here. Repeatedly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

PGA Tour, Eyad.

I understand sometimes not getting this right in a rush. Not here. Repeatedly.

Yeah, the Tour.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

The above post really just pissed me off, and I will never buy, participate, or defend the PGA Tour in any way shape or form.  

If it wasn't for me actually liking golf I would quit if I thought it would do harm to the PGA Tour financially.. unfortinatly it won't and I like golf.  But f*** them.

Over-react much?

They deleted the tweet after all. For all you know it was some PR intern.

But hey, no second chances! They insulted a high handicapper!

Also I bet it's almost impossible for you to actually do that.

I always know what I am doing when on a golf course. That's because I have a lot practice at being lost, dazed, and confused in general.

One thing I do know is that at least 3 pga golfers can't build a custom home.  :banana:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

And Bowditch wins golf Twitter for the day yet again.

Lots of good golfers, even instructors ostensibly trying to aid golfers who hope to improve, can be prone to insult the less skilled just for 'being that way' as well as the 'inferior' courses they can usually be found on.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Eh, they're probably right. But, just like the dog surfing, I still have a lot of fun regardless.

• Upvote 3

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Doesn't actually bother me to be fair, as I actually am about as good as a surfing dog....... at present :D

*edit, actually take it as a compliment on reflection!!!!!!

Edited by PabloMoorzio

Not the first nor the last time someone working in marketing for a big company post a tweet that gets negative attention and eventually taken down. It's an example of how one person can cause a stirrup, not how the entire PGA Tour view amateurs.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

14 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Ha ha ha. A little strong, no? 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I dunno. I thought it was kinda funny. Definitely not gonna get hung up on it.

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I know of  a couple kelpie dogs that know what doing when out on surf board up Noosa way, guess a couple of us amateurs might know a little what we doing on course. (yep some people just open there mouth before they switch there brain on)

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Note: This thread is 2639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!